Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

IMG_20221029_140755462.thumb.jpg.19188e7d8ffc627455f58f8bf223b77e.jpg

Ended up at Bonnyton v Benburb on Saturday. It was quite entertaining and there were 3 goals, all for Bens.

There was a looney on the sidelines from Bens- not sure if he was a coach, committee man or player's da' but he was shouting the odds at them (someone told him to shut his hole at one point!). He was quite animated and took me back to the glorious grumpy days of Sir Peter at Whitehill Welfare.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

IMG_20221029_140755462.thumb.jpg.19188e7d8ffc627455f58f8bf223b77e.jpg

Ended up at Bonnyton v Benburb on Saturday. It was quite entertaining and there were 3 goals, all for Bens.

There was a looney on the sidelines from Bens- not sure if he was a coach, committee man or player's da' but he was shouting the odds at them (someone told him to shut his hole at one point!). He was quite animated and took me back to the glorious grumpy days of Sir Peter at Whitehill Welfare.

I'm guessing Frank Lovering, the managers Dad. He was always worth the entrance fee on his own. Paul does not bad himself!

On 30/10/2022 at 21:04, The Mantis said:

Wiki says 292 but don't shoot the messenger.

It's 283 when excluding B-teams AFAIK. There are 3 in the LL, 2 in the SOS & NCL, Stirling Uni reserves in the EOS & BOD in the North Juniors, that's 9 in total. I also don't count B-teams in the total, hence why I say I've done 14/16 in the Lowland League. I have been to Whitehill Welfare, Airdrie & Dumbarton though, but just for those teams and not the B-teams that play there. In the EOS I have done the Stirling Uni EOS ground with a game of Stirling Uni Women.

Omonia 2-0 Anorthosis Famagusta.

Back in the south last night for a good quality game.

Opinion among the fans was that Lennon was a shite manager who was paid too much. Nevertheless I was a bit disappointed not to see him at the helm. Instead my highlight was being treated to three minutes of a rotund middle-aged man jogging in the general direction of the ball. Locals referred to this individual as "Gary Hooper".

Omonia were on top from the start but Anorthosis defended well until Bruno was slipped clear through and finished well.

Second half was all Anorthosis who had a few good chances including an open goal skied over the bar from six yards.
Omonia got the insurance goal with a few minutes left, paving the way for the Hooper cameo everyone had been waiting for.

It was a bit of a faff logistically, getting tickets, getting in and getting there. Decent stadium though and both sets of fans contributed, though I'd give the edge to Anorthosis. 36d692c134d05da69aee84f03d3c735f.jpg95f437c8675130ad7a1cd5a318dd380f.jpg5ca3885408c1de824af65f95b196d45d.jpg

1 hour ago, Marten said:

It's 283 when excluding B-teams AFAIK. There are 3 in the LL, 2 in the SOS & NCL, Stirling Uni reserves in the EOS & BOD in the North Juniors, that's 9 in total. I also don't count B-teams in the total, hence why I say I've done 14/16 in the Lowland League. I have been to Whitehill Welfare, Airdrie & Dumbarton though, but just for those teams and not the B-teams that play there. In the EOS I have done the Stirling Uni EOS ground with a game of Stirling Uni Women.

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up Marten. Having lived here all my puff, I've been to all of these places, some many times, before B teams were even thought of (Whitehill Welfare over 150 times 😎). Been to very few grounds in the NCL, SOS and North Juniors but at my stage of life I won't be bothering. Pity I never got round the NCL when I was younger.

But... just been looking at Futbology... I can only see one ground share (Caley Braves Reserves) in the SOS and one in the NCL (Clach reserves) but two in the North Juniors (Banks O'Dee and Montrose Roselea). Then Broomhill, Stirling Uni and Shire in the LL plus the 3 B teams making 10. Stirling Uni reserves at the Gannochy is not a share so now I'm as confused as ever 🙈

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm guessing Frank Lovering, the managers Dad. He was always worth the entrance fee on his own. Paul does not bad himself!

Those are the guys that were on AVFTT the other week, right? Must have been warned to be on their best behaviour before they filmed it then.

For the Futbology users: has anyone found a way round this scenario?....

I have manually added a few grounds over the years, public parks etc where I've seen amatuer games. The only one I haven't been able to add is the astro at McDiarmid Park. The app says it is too close to an existing ground and won't allow it. It's the only ground I've been at that I haven't got on my list! Added the match in question (a Saints-Rangers Academy game) to McDiarmid instead but it's always bugged me, completist as I am! 

3 hours ago, Christophe said:

I have manually added a few grounds over the years, public parks etc where I've seen amatuer games. The only one I haven't been able to add is the astro at McDiarmid Park. The app says it is too close to an existing ground and won't allow it. It's the only ground I've been at that I haven't got on my list! Added the match in question (a Saints-Rangers Academy game) to McDiarmid instead but it's always bugged me, completist as I am! 

I would email Geir or Lars-Erik directly with the problem. The address is kepermat something. I always found them helpful in the early days when you couldn’t add grounds yourself. They also have a fb page but I haven’t had much experience with that. Interesting that Meggetland in Edinburgh has the same situation as you describe and the Astro has been included. Same at Heriot-Watt.

Edited by The Mantis

On 01/11/2022 at 18:25, Christophe said:

On 01/11/2022 at 22:16, The Mantis said:

I would email Geir or Lars-Erik directly with the problem. The address is kepermat something. I always found them helpful in the early days when you couldn’t add grounds yourself. They also have a fb page but I haven’t had much experience with that. Interesting that Meggetland in Edinburgh has the same situation as you describe and the Astro has been included. Same at Heriot-Watt.

Seconded, just email them. I emailed them when I tried and failed to add Gussie Park as it's too close to Tannadice. I sent an email and they added it.

Cumnock 4 Dalry Thistle 0. West of Scotland Cup, Preliminary Round.

After a drive through 1950s Lanarkshire, this was a comfortable win for Cumnock. Dalry didn't give up and had some nice moments in the second half.

Highlight of the game was Cumnock winning a penalty at 4-0. Player was offside but ref played on. Keeper hacked the attacker down, was sent off, and the outfield player who went into goal saved the penalty. Love seeing an outfield player in goals!

eccd98dda487fa52e6bacfa85cf81707.jpg8a0e5a0f03d4467336fd2d09a4eacff3.jpg1f902a3b27481cba9aa2b9ba89518922.jpg4a5dc9dcad29155591201f799ae58ab2.jpg

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Cumnock 4 Dalry Thistle 0. West of Scotland Cup, Preliminary Round.

After a drive through 1950s Lanarkshire, this was a comfortable win for Cumnock. Dalry didn't give up and had some nice moments in the second half.

Highlight of the game was Cumnock winning a penalty at 4-0. Player was offside but ref played on. Keeper hacked the attacker down, was sent off, and the outfield player who went into goal saved the penalty. Love seeing an outfield player in goals!

eccd98dda487fa52e6bacfa85cf81707.jpg8a0e5a0f03d4467336fd2d09a4eacff3.jpg1f902a3b27481cba9aa2b9ba89518922.jpg4a5dc9dcad29155591201f799ae58ab2.jpg

Ha! Snap!

Last-minute decision to fire down to Cumnock, but I enjoyed that.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Leyton Orient 1 Salford City 0 while I was in that London for the weekend to watch NFL. A pretty full house except for the bit you can see in the right, opposite, which was the away support. Orient should have won more convincingly, you can see why they're top of the league.

IMG-20221029-WA0015.jpeg

Edited by Bully Wee Villa