Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

The second one of my double header. For me this kinda is random as opposed to most on here. First a few drinks at pubs near Pollok's ground and then I walked to Hampden Park for Scotland 2-1 Republic of Ireland
00abff87537b0f83b2ca2ebec1b64630.jpg5521b1b15f5c7bc78a981f02fb4c4a6f.jpg

Edited by Marten

13/42: Cove Rangers 0-1 Raith Rovers, Challenge Cup, 24/9/2022.

A good day out in Aberdeen, firstly at the Cove game (first time at Balmoral for me) and then the Scotland game in Ma Cameron's in the evening.

I quite liked Balmoral. A slightly closer pub and it would rate more highly, but it was a friendly place and I had a good day.

Raith probably the better team overall, but Cove pushed well in the second half and could have had extra time.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Another one here for Paisley today. I was there before not long after it opened but haven't been since. Decent ground, not the character (or steepness of Love Street). Good way for Mr Nilpferd to tick off St Mirren without playing £25.

Some players there you could see playing for the Senior squad, some will be stinking out the lower Leagues before long 35b1afe4d2d346aceee37be250fd9a9a.jpg0a5fe78574084383d58e769b15acf0fa.jpg72bd29e8dedbe1936867efd07c02967c.jpg

Dundee United Women 3-2 Hamilton Academical
Good game, United took the lead after 20 minutes. After that, the guests came more into the game. It was 1-1 at HT and they took the lead just after the restart. After that the Arabs got stronger and fought back. They got another two to get a win which was deserved over the full 90 minutes. The weather, lack of cover at Gussie Park and me being silly enough to not bring an umbrella wasn't a good combination though...

03f063c69fb5df1e9ee5ea5a801eae9f.jpg4d8d72f33243ce6e7ed4108824063746.jpg8ec6e18c9907d9576959174ac6af7f49.jpg

Edited by Marten

On 24/09/2022 at 15:48, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Vale of Leven 0-4 Vale of Clyde

Wee bit mental this one.

With Mr Nilpferd growing up in Clydebank and me having family in Balloch, not having visited Millburn Park seemed a bit of an oversight.

I think my football history nerd was a bit excited here a ground that has hosted football since 1888 and probably hasn't changed too much since. Terracing made of railway sleepers a shed that looks as old as time. Sensational stuff.

On to the game. When the East of the Glasgow meets the Vale you'd expect fireworks and there certainly was. Tackles flying in, the ref losing control of the game, a half time rammy after the VofL manager accused the VofC defender of deliberately hitting his car with the ball. A player each sent off at half time. Groundhopping, when you're not particularly invested in either team makes you see referees as actually okay but jeebus this one was hopeless. VofL send of with 15 to go to make it 9 against ten. The visitors had the better chances throughout and deserved their win. c69a72fc4cb6f46142e00bcf4dbf7c23.jpg0019a98c77928fb1dbbffd5b72be857e.jpgebce84e46381c01c1b88a5c9854be650.jpga709b2b22cc05706a1aac0902e2c0034.jpg

It was actually my car that got beaned by the ball 🤣 No damage thankfully. 

12 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

It was actually my car that got beaned by the ball 🤣 No damage thankfully. 

You’ll probably get a chance at the manager’s job after that result… if not, Kiddo and WW have just parted company 😉

Hello, everyone.

I've got round to sorting out (ish) a blog for my 42 season.

I'm not a pro or anything, so go easy on me. Hopefully some of you find some of the write-ups interesting. I've only finished the first three so far, but I'll be adding the others (up to 14 today) over the next week or so, then hopefully being more disciplined with being more prompt.

I've also written a quick thing about the Falkirk email this week since it really annoyed me.

Today's game will hopefully be Falkirk v Clyde, but plans in the balance and it may end up being Accies v Dundee.

https://doingthe42.co.uk/

Also feel free to send me abuse on Twitter @doingthe42

Edited by DoingThe42

Forres Mechanics 4-3 Rothes

Wee sojourn to the north for the weekend sees a smashing game of football.

I have been at Mosset Park previously after a game to Ross County was postponed at 2:30, but this was the first 90 minutes I'd seen here and what a stoater it was.

Early penalty set the tone and then the goals kept coming! Unfortunately it quietened down second half and our 9 goal record is safe for now. I enjoyed the hark back to the Pie and Bovril trope circa 2011, if you know you know. Howfin strip apart, I cannot praise Forres enough. A brilliant ground, brilliant folk and food to die for. Potentially the most passed ground in Scotland without being visited due to its position next to the A96? If you haven't been I highly recommend it.d27ed8e9cead9b42cc152ead22675cdb.jpg75ff3b49f40a79020eabe5c6bae1769a.jpgad7cc9d6a8bf4b8c623b13d077aa4718.jpg3d19f5ccfddd827929571f838af90dd6.jpg4cffc722319f9a96080d27198dcbcafc.jpg265cd425f71655853a058084e37c51b3.jpg

Due to rail strike and buses being all over shop due to march in town ended up just going to Leith Athletic 3-3 Kirkcaldy YM as it was in walking distance. Turned out to be decent choice as game was end to end with both teams taking then losing leads. Both teams finished with 10 men and not sure either red card was justified. Was glad of the stand as rain was torrential at times. 

8699694E-8A02-4B41-9F9C-B2CE03EFD96C.jpeg

4F2111F4-B4BE-41D3-83FB-F16C821FB797.jpeg

Edited by Jute

14/42: Falkirk 2-0 Clyde, League One, 1/10/22.

A third of the way there with about eight months to go, and the first of what will hopefully be thirteen games in October across the four divisions plus Conference League.

Clyde once more shipped a couple of absolutely laughable goals and were beaten by a Stephen McGinn double. Surprised to see Allan and McDonald not start, as Clyde look toothless without them. Clyde improved second half, but in truth Falkirk were just managing the game. Falkirk looked well-organised and have some good players going forward. Impressed with flashes of play from Burrell and Nesbitt had a good game too.

Things looking really tight at the top in League One now, and towards the bottom Clyde move on to a couple of big games with Montrose and then Kelty. Bad day for Clyde with a few rivals picking up points.

Falkirk Stadium is not a favourite of mine. Not a great location, and obviously the big open side doesn't make it a great place to watch a game.

The old away stand was empty apart from one guy (presumably a Clyde analyst or something) sitting with his laptop out. Gave the impression he was just sitting playing Football Manager or something.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by DoingThe42

Hawick Royal Albert United 1-5 Dalkeith Thistle
My fourth attempt to visit this ground. The previous 3 attempts the game got called off. Once I actually already was quite far in my journey when I found out (thankfully I found another game nearby). So I was getting nervous when I ended up in absolutely torrential rain on the way on the M90. I had 2 quick breaks to check social media whether or not it would go ahead.

But it was worth it, a lovely ground and very welcoming people. Hawick surprisingly took the lead in the first half and took this into half-time. Their lead was deserved as Dalkeith were very poor. I don't know what Dalkeith's manager said at HT but it clearly helped. In the second half they were much better and they ultimately more than deserved the win, although the scoreline did flatter them a bit. The torrential rain did reach Hawick during the second half, the pitch got worse as the game went on. c3b227a39c3520d4fe17f4bd6b3178e0.jpgfa6e8d0ca9afe5a0d739fe06f70462c3.jpg31b58f6d30513457aeed431abd96d63a.jpg12f540f96af954bc22936cb4aee1e296.jpg

Edited by Marten

Headed down to London yesterday for a few games. I was going to go to Enfield Town V Corinthian Casuals last night. But it was torrential rain so stayed in Hotel. 

Today. I did a double header at Leyton Orient V Newport County. £18 ticket in advance. And £3.50 for a programme. Orient were unbeaten before today against struggling Newport. But the Welsh side turned the form book upside down and won 2-1 . 7402 turned up to see this. A very good game that could've gone either way. 

I then had a rush through the Olympic park to get to the London Stadium in time for the 5.30pm kick off between West Ham and Wolves. Ticket £45 and programme £4. A poor match apart from the two goals. 

IMG_20221001_184507.jpg

IMG_20221001_164041.jpg

Getafe 2 - Valladolid 3

My first trip down to Getafe. A stunning day, with the sun battering down on us and a cracking game with five goals, a missed penalty and a belter of a second goal for Getafe. Nice wee stadium and great atmosphere in the neighbourhood pre match. 

IMG_20221001_182029.jpg

IMG_20221001_164655.jpg

Edited by JMDPco

Forfar Athletic 0-0 Dumbarton 

Almost bottom v top but Forfar looked the better side in the first half. Their biggest problem is their inability to score as they had plenty if opportunities but tend to take a touch too many and have no final ball. Dumbarton did very little in the first half but improved in the second half, particularly the last 20 minutes when they looked most likely to score. McCallum kept Forfar in the match with at least three cracking saves and deserved his MOM award. 

20221001_150103.jpg

SWPL Cup: Motherwell 2-1 Dundee United at K-Park.

A last-minute decision to head along to this, and a really good cup tie.

Motherwell controlled the first half and led with two long-rangers, the first from Kaela McDonald-Nguah a real belter.

United came into it in the second half. Got a goal back, had another somewhat dubiously disallowed for offside, then hit the post after Motherwell's keeper Mutch was booked for handball outside the area.

I touched the ball twice, so am ecstatic.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg