Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Keith 1 Cumnock 2. Scottish Cup first round. We're up for a birthday doo on Speyside this weekend, so this game came handily out the cup draw for us.

Not a classic in Keith, but Cumnock were mostly comfortable throughout. Game played in heavy downpours. Occasionally football could be spotted through the gloop. Less so for the guys sitting in the wee supporters hut to shelter from a passing storm, the windows of which promptly steamed up.

Managed two bonus Highland League grounds on my travels today.

Rothes I've been to when passing through before, glad to see the robot lawnmowers are still going strong.

Forres Mechanics I've ways driven past and shielded my eyes from the garish yellow adverts. But what's this, when you actually go into the ground it is indeed a lovely ground with a stunning old grandstand.

Both grounds promoted up my "must visit for a match" list (which is very long and ever growing). Rothes was already highly positioned on there so I must right that soon.

6b178b152c25d5b83666c1cf3e7a7bcb.jpgffd2d5428afcb3372f6dad75c84ac183.jpg2044902dad5a31c374d7dd0a13cda714.jpgc37e94dd55ea3b74199984e4a68da7f3.jpg

12/42: Airdrie 5-0 Clyde. League One, 17/9/22.

A shite, soulless place to watch a game, but what can you do? A horrible monument to the folly of the 90s and it felt absurd to be sitting watching Airdrie v Clyde with about 9,000 empty seats looking on. Daft.

As to the game; Clyde were really good first half. Clearly the better side and probably should have been ahead. Olly MacDonald and Jordan Allan looked dangerous and they were only behind after a weird goal where the linesman put his flag up for offside but the referee allowed the goal to stand. I suppose it must have been off a Clyde player, but it was too far away to tell.

Lennon inexplicably took MacDonald off at half time, and also replace Sul'a, who had been doing a good job of getting Clyde up the park, winning some important challenges. Clyde's change of shape was a disaster as the exposed MacLean and Grant contrived to give away the cheapest goals you'll ever see. Thicot had a howler too. Fair play to Airdrie, they took advantage and Smith and McGill looked handy, but this was self-inflicted from Clyde.

Airdrie are really mobile up-front, which makes Clyde going to a three all the more incredible. But Airdrie look set to have a good season. Dangerous going forward and their keeper had a couple of good stops. They won't be gifted goals like this very often, mind you.

Clyde attack.jpg

Silence.jpg

Warmup.jpg

Edited by DoingThe42

21 hours ago, Shanner said:

Would I have a good chance of getting a reasonably priced ticket (£30-ish) for Arsenal v Bodo/ Glimt in the Europa League? 

Do I need to pay to become a member, etc? 

cheers. 

I went against Qarabag a few years ago. You need to register to get a ticket on line, but it's free and I'd  expect there to be plenty for that game.

Mind you Arsenal were shite when I went.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I went against Qarabag a few years ago. You need to register to get a ticket on line, but it's free and I'd  expect there to be plenty for that game.

Mind you Arsenal were shite when I went.

cheers. Much did you end up paying? the Arsenal Spares twitter guy quoted be £80 which ain't happening. 

On 17/09/2022 at 22:05, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Forres Mechanics I've ways driven past and shielded my eyes from the garish yellow adverts. But what's this, when you actually go into the ground it is indeed a lovely ground with a stunning old grandstand.

Both grounds promoted up my "must visit for a match" list (which is very long and ever growing). Rothes was already highly positioned on there so I must right that soon.

Forres do one of the best pies that you'll get at any football ground (or anywhere else).

Leith Athletic 4-2 Lochore Welfare. Really good game with both sides playing some nice football. Leith going  3-0 up then Lochore pulling it back to 3-2. Both teams having chances before Leith eventually getting the winner. 

5ABB6B56-19CC-4619-9F42-613D6F02B876.jpeg

Edited by Jute

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 1-2 Dundonald Bluebell

Only a brief report as I managed to take a migraine during the game.

Not as shitey a park as it might have been having left in plenty time we only just made kick off due to Google still sending you old park. Was great to be see the legend of League 2 Pat Scullion again. Decent standard and decent crowd but swifts are going no where until they get a real Stadium.69c281c61e6aca578c5ab7b9c1788385.jpg2e1213e13d63949dc5e31b5f1c0e19ff.jpg1df391e43d9c4c654acebc82d7f5ca1f.jpg

Vale of Leven 0-4 Vale of Clyde

Wee bit mental this one.

With Mr Nilpferd growing up in Clydebank and me having family in Balloch, not having visited Millburn Park seemed a bit of an oversight.

I think my football history nerd was a bit excited here a ground that has hosted football since 1888 and probably hasn't changed too much since. Terracing made of railway sleepers a shed that looks as old as time. Sensational stuff.

On to the game. When the East of the Glasgow meets the Vale you'd expect fireworks and there certainly was. Tackles flying in, the ref losing control of the game, a half time rammy after the VofL manager accused the VofC defender of deliberately hitting his car with the ball. A player each sent off at half time. Groundhopping, when you're not particularly invested in either team makes you see referees as actually okay but jeebus this one was hopeless. VofL send of with 15 to go to make it 9 against ten. The visitors had the better chances throughout and deserved their win. c69a72fc4cb6f46142e00bcf4dbf7c23.jpg0019a98c77928fb1dbbffd5b72be857e.jpgebce84e46381c01c1b88a5c9854be650.jpga709b2b22cc05706a1aac0902e2c0034.jpg

After my travels, it was back to domestic action today and the North Edinburgh Derby today Civil Service Strollers V Spartans. CSS took a two goal lead through Balatoni and Lawson before Henderson scored a spectacular overhead kick to cut the lead. It wasn't enough for Spartans as CSS ran out 2-1 winners. 

IMG_20220924_153408.jpg

IMG_20220924_141217.jpg

A double header in Glasgow for me yesterday. First at the lovely Newlandsfield Park for Pollok 4-1 Clydebank. Pollok were easily the better side. It was 2-0 at half-time, Clydebank had their goalkeeper sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity just after HT but did pull one back via a penalty soon after. Pollok didn't let them get any closer though and scored another 2. It finished 10 apiece after a Pollok player got sent off for a bad challenge. I didn't properly see it so I can't judge if the ref's decision was right, but it wasn't smart anyway at 4-1 up at the side of the pitch.
debcbd2dab70edeb6e4d54f6a452785c.jpgbdfc1eb70691055b459a78649bd4111f.jpg410809ffea6962c17926c1e600d17854.jpgd7768663b9c81a0a416f035db4f85a9b.jpg