Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Didn't know where to put this, as it's not football. But it's probably the most random match I've been too. Always wanted to see a Handball game. And I got my wish at the start of my trip on Wednesday night. Heading down to Prague I stopped off in Leipzig to see the Bundesliga game between middling mid table team DHfk Leipzig  and TWH Kiel who were runners up last season to Magdeburg, but beat them in this season's Super cup. 

The match started off very close with both teams trading goals, but with Kiel always being ahead and looking the better team overall. Half time came with Kiel 14-13 ahead. 

The second half started with Kiel coming out and taking control they didn't give Leipzig a chance as they took a significant lead. 

It took a while for me to get into the nuances of the sport. Like nothing the goalkeeper kept taking a seat when their team was on the attack. They both got caught out a few times as their team lost possession! And it's a bit like ice hockey were players are giving 2 minute sin bin penalties (if the opposition score though the player can't come back on!) Leipzig even acred when two players were in the sin bin, much to the delight of the majority of the 3808 in attendance.

The match ended though with a comfortable 32-22 Kiel win. 

Ticket was 27 Euros, with season magazine/programme 2 Euros. 

If anyone gets a chance when in Germany. It's a good night out. 

IMG_20220907_191347.jpg

IMG_20220907_182333.jpg

IMG_20220907_200823.jpg

First of a 7 game trip to the Czech Republic. FK Dukla Praha V FK Varnsdorf, in the Czech second tier at Juliska Stadion. Ticket 120Kr (£4.20) programme 20Kr (80p) for 20 glossy pages. Score 1-1 crowd 623.

This was a rearranged game as it was called off last week. And so a bonus. Dukla are not the club who played Celtic in 1967, that honour goes to FK Viagem Pribram who play in the same league and moved to Pribram in 1998 after a merger with the original Dukla. This Dukla have been around since 1948 as Dukla Dejvice. 

This was a decent game. Dukla started off the better, but the final ball was lacking. Varnsdorf (near the German border) fought their way into the match and took the lead after 20 minutes with a right footed shot from the edge of the box. Dukla came back into it with a few wayward shots, and eventually won a penalty after a clumsy challenge. The penalty was skied high and wide. 

The second half continued to be end to end. And Dukla eventually got there goal with a well placed shot from the edge of the box. Both teams could've won it. But the final ball was lacking. A deserved point for both teams. 

IMG_20220908_163710.jpg

IMG_20220908_172848.jpg

32 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Musselburgh v Gala Fairydean Rovers

Brilliant afternoon for the South Chal...

Oh no silly me, got the sit in the house miserable 

It'll be basketball and ice hockey for me this weekend, as they've had the decency not to cancel anything.

It'll be basketball and ice hockey for me this weekend, as they've had the decency not to cancel anything.
Gives me hope that the Camanachd Cup Final will go ahead next weekend. They generally postpone as many (more) games for funerals of former players as they do for inclement weather but I doubt Kingussie will be keen to postpone it for a third straight year and at such short notice.

Hopefully Sportscene/sound will cover the ice hockey and basketball this weekend instead.

This was meant to be three games in three days for me, but apparently Cove v Dundee and Elgin v Albion Rovers can't possibly go ahead. Madness.

So, this'll have to do for this week. Absolute pasting for Hearts in the Conference League.

Looking forward to what will now no doubt be midweek hikes to see Cove and/or Elgin another time.

1.jpg

Thanks to the Czechs spreading kick off times throughout the day and weekend. You can go to several games over the course of a weekend, if you wish. On Saturday I managed 3 for the first time (done a fair few double headers in my time, but this was a push. Mainly because of travel)

First up in Prague at an early time of 10.15am! was a fourth tier match between FK Aritma Praha and SK Horovice (1-0) A lovely little one tier stand. 

Ticket on the gate was 50krona  (£1.73) worth a free programme. Sausage and bread on a barbecue was 80krona (£2.82)

A very competitive match... Which the referee did well to keep a lid on for most of the game. Horovice played the better football (albeit, at a low level) but Aritma were very good defensively. Only one goal which came to the delight of the max 200 in attendance (6 away fans, one with a drum!)

For the second match of the day. I got the train from Prague to Usti Nad Labem for their match with Chlumec Nad Cidlinou at 3pm (2-2) in the third tier. Usti were relegated last season and play in a fairly large stadium with a decent support. 512 paid another 50kr (£1.73) to see this local Derby (Chlumec) is a small town just to the north of Usti. No programme available that I could see. But a free team sheet was available. 

This match started off with both teams trying and succeeding in playing nice one touch football. The match was very open. Both teams having regular shots at goal and a couple of well worked goals as well. Usti went one up before Chlumec then took the lead. Which they held on to until the 89th minute when a free kick from the edge of the box flew into the top corner. 

Lastly I got a train to nearby Teplice for the much anticipated 7pm kick off with Sparta Prague. Teplice seem to get low crowds in their 19000 capacity ground (less than 3000 turned up for their Derby with Jablonec) but 10555 (3000+ from Sparta) including myself paid 110kr (£3.88) to watch an absolutely fantastic match in a great atmosphere. Teplice in a Brazil style kit took the game to the wine coloured Sparta. And had a couple of chances before Sparta went 1 then 2-0 ahead. A tad unlucky for Teplice. But the home side got one back to go in at HT 1-2. The second half was the same again. And it could have been anything until an 85th minute equaliser from Teplice which would gain them a well deserved draw. 

Travel in Czechia despite the fairly short distances with slow and irregular. So it was a long but absolutely epic day!

Today's triple header will be easier as Zizkov, Bohemians and Slavias grounds are all very close to each other. 

IMG_20220910_112603.jpg

IMG_20220910_150414.jpg

IMG_20220910_194057.jpg

Dundee Tigers 2-4 Aberdeen Lynx

Went to ice hockey as no football. Game delayed by (at least) 15 minutes due to length of queue outside. Respect shown by 2 minutes silence followed by national anthem.

Tigers were the better team in the 1st two periods and were 2-0 up. The feisty 3rd period saw a Lynx player get a match penalty and plenty of time served by both teams in the penalty box. Lynx got a goal back from a penalty, scored a further twice, then finished off with an empty net goal.

20220910_192153.jpg

20220910_192644.jpg

Vale FC 3-2 Glasgow Corinthians. 

The Glasgow Community and Co-Operative League the only show in town today. Not a great first half, but considerably picked up after the break. A great lob of the keeper from fully 45 yards out the highlight. Glad to get some unexpected football in this weekend. 

20220911_153229.jpg

Final 3 games today. 

Started off at Viktoria Zizkov at 10.15 in the 3rd tier. Quite a drop for a team that played and beat Rangers back at the turn of the century. They were relegated last season and today played a team called Banik Most-Sous who were promoted from the fourth tier but are finding this level tough. Zizkov have started well and carried on their good form by hammering the visitors 5-0 in front of 1320, plus 30+ visitors. Ticket was 130kr (£4.59) and programme 20kr (70p)

Second game at 4pm was at Dolicek, the home of Bohemians Praha 1905, were they played Sloven Liberec. I paid 250kr (£8.80) and 30kr (£1.06) for the programme. A crowd of 4411 including approx 100 visitors seen Liberec score in the 1st and 46th minutes to win 2-0. Both tes finished with 10 men. Firstly Bohemians when their player tackled from behind. The referee gave a yellow but it went to VAR and was overturned (I thought it should have been a red initially!) Then a few minutes later a Sloven player after some lovely skill, taking 3 players out of the game, lost control of the ball and fouled his opponent. The referee gave a straight red. 

Lastly. A 15 minute walk to the Fortuna Stadion for inform Slavia Praha against SK Dynamo Ceske Budejovice. Slavia have hit seven goals three times this season and six once. So this was a game that promised goals. And it did. Dynamo set up to contain Slavia, and it worked for 18 minutes! Then the home side just ran riot. It was 3-0 at half time, with a further 4 goals in the second. It finished 6-1 in front of 11312. Dynamo scored the best goal but also finished with 10 men as the referee harshly showed a straight red for a late tackle on the byeline. A 35 yard screamer into the top corner. I paid 465kr (£16.40) for a good seat, and programmes were free. 

All in all a great trip. 7 games, 25 goals and 3 red cards. Some cracking games, great stadiums and superb value for money. 

IMG_20220911_114458.jpg

IMG_20220911_161517.jpg

IMG_20220911_201147.jpg

Pollok 6-0 Huntly

Cracking evening for it. A bit like the previous round, Pollok were comfortable enough but the scoreline was a bit flattering.

A sell-out crowd of 900, and plenty of noise from Pollok’s young team throughout. They even had the flares out at one point, albeit shit ones that didn’t seem to light properly. Oh, and a wee scuffle in the crowd when someone lobbed a bottle of 20/20 on the pitch at one point. Orange Jubilee, if I’m not mistaken.

Third 6-0 in a row in my visits to Newlandsfield!

Here’s the aftermath of goal #2 as the sky did pretty things.

7DF6F53C-6AA8-4ECE-A230-2A9D38FDFDAA.thumb.jpeg.9ce0ef0748f202681112baea085c64e3.jpeg

Travelogue alert: RFS v Hearts

Straight in as a top-3 Hearts trip for me. A modern classic.

Started with an over-nighter in the Bridge House in Bishop's Stortford (ten minute train from Stansted) staying awake and watching some Champions League. Half-snooze on the plane and off to Riga.

Fucking brilliant trip. Up today feeling buckled, but 42 duties return and I'm off to Airdrie v Clyde.

BS.jpg

Outside the Rock Pub at the precise moment a well-kent Hearts face jumped into someone's convertible.

Wed PM.jpg

Exterior.jpg

Ground.jpg

Away.jpgThis Hearts father and son below are actually in the home end, I was right at the end of the away section at this point. The rest of the sections next to us looked pretty much full of Hearts fans from what we could see.

Ground int.jpg

Doon the front.jpg

What a bounce about at the end. Then back into town. Back to the hotel for about 5am and up to leave again at about half 7.

Success.jpg

Edited by DoingThe42

Strathspey Thistle 0-5 Camelon

Scottish Cup 1st Round

We're not Camelon fans, honest, just sounded like a belter of a day out and a chance to tick off another Highland League Ground.

This will officially be an upset as the 7th tier wins at the 5th but this was very comfortable for Camelon and anyone who didn't know would not have said that Thistle played at two levels above. Camelon's fifth comes from a 60 yard free kick from the Camelon Captain.

Worth mention the pre kick off silence for Elizabeth 11th.
9450d3f34e999280936468fde458fd60.jpg1cd279d6461cf46e23030077e798ed64.jpg2a4ace840894273fa09d56956b825fc7.jpgca9191abfdba9504c9407e73060dca7c.jpg

Quick 5 minute drive from work to  Oakland's Park for Western League Division 1 : FC Bristol (used to be Lebeq FC) v Odd Down (Bath) A decent game, goals in the 2nd half with the visitors levelling in injury time.10-11-21-22 att 29. The hosts began as Lebeq in Sunday football before going into Saturday and climbing the leagues. Name change hasn't gone down well with the old Lebeq boys to say the least !