Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Bellshill Athletic 1-0 Royal Albert

Haven’t been to a game this far down the pyramid for a while but thoroughly enjoyed it. The standard obviously isn’t great, but the value for money (came home with change from a tenner) is fantastic. 1st half was a complete non event but the 2nd half had a bit of everything - a goal that turned out to be the winner, a missed penalty, a Bellshill red card, a disallowed Royal Albert goal and loads of right feisty tackles. 

075D19CB-9ED3-4706-BD26-FAF8112D0666.thumb.jpeg.4e6942f9787cb14918784d70e782d1f8.jpeg

14 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

Chesterfield 2-0 Wrexham last night in the National League.

A big let-down for a smashing Wrexham support. 1,800 of them to Chesterfield on a soaking wet Tuesday night, and they started out extremely boisterous and noisy. To be fair, the home support were up for it too with their own noisy mob behind the other goal and it made for an excellent atmosphere. Wasn't quite expecting that. Place was not far off full and it was a fun night at the fitba.

Home side won it out the park, scoring twice in the first half. In truth they should have been three or four up at half time, and the Wrexham fans soon quietened down. They looked desperately poor and were well beaten.

The pie pictured below was FOUR POUNDS FUCKING FIFTY. Incredible and inedible.

C1.jpg

Cpie.jpg

Wrexham fans.jpg

£4.50? You were like the pie- well burned. 

Lochee United v Kirrie Thistle at Thomson Park

In the first half neither team could hold onto the lead for more than a couple of minutes. Lochee went ahead twice but Kirrie quickly equalised. Kirrie went ahead towards the end of the half but then conceded a penalty.

HT 3-3

Lochee went 5-3 up in the 2nd half but Kirrie never gave up and scored twice in the final minutes of the match.

FT 5-5

20220817_181537.jpg

20220817_195347.jpg

Edited by forfarton

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

£4.50? You were like the pie- well burned. 

Dear Sir or Madam,

I was extremely excited to be making my first visit to the Technique Stadium for Chesterfield’s fixture with Wrexham on Tuesday August 16th. As an avid visitor of football stadiums, I was thrilled at the prospect of making your marvelous home my 103rd such venue.

My spirits were not dampened by the downpour on the way to the stadium, and having entered the East Stand I bought a match programme and a half-time draw ticket, before deciding to seek out some sustenance.

I had had a long day at work, necessitating the skipping of dinner at home, so I was in the advanced stages of hunger as I approached the pie stall.

I must confess, I was somewhat taken aback at the price of a pie. Four pounds fifty for a Balti Pie seemed pretty steep, but this was not my first rodeo and this is the nature of venue pricing, so I accepted that I just needed to take it on the chin and hand over the readies.

Pie in hand, I headed to my seat and was thoroughly excited at finally satisfying my hunger. And not just any pie, but a Balti Pie!

So, imagine my horror upon biting into the snack and discovering that what I had bought was a pie in name only. The outer shell, although appearing to be pastry, seemed to actually be some kind of sand-paper based pastry alternative, perhaps designed for those with an intolerance to flour. I hear there are a few of them around these days.

But the true crime was contained inside, hidden from the casual viewer. What was advertised as chicken was in fact some kind of unidentifiable rock. Close study of the photographic evidence enclosed shows, I am sure you will agree, that it is entirely possible that this pie was filled with lunar rock brought back to earth by the Apollo Mission.

I gather these rock samples are supposedly held at the NASA Johnson Space Center, but we all know that these boffins are a corruptible bunch when you wave a fiver at them (my mate Dave was once offered nuclear material by a NASA employee at the Goose and Hound in Ipswich), and I am sorry to have to inform you that it seems extremely likely that some has found its way into your concession offerings.

Now, it is, alas, too late for me. I have been robbed of my money already, and I have the damaged gum to prove that I attempted to eat it. I seek no compensation, no public apology, not even a signed picture of the club management showing solidarity with my plight by attempting to eat one of these ‘pies’ themselves (while burning almost a fiver of their own cash, mind!).

I ask only that Chesterfield as a club look inwards. Look inside yourself (hopefully not finding any of those pies!) and ask yourself if this is the club you want to be. Four pounds fifty. Four pounds fifty for an incinerated, inedible lump of rock, fit only to be used to fend off attackers in the street.

Four pounds fifty. Do you realise that’s 55p more expensive than a copy of The Viz? And the Viz is not only an entertaining and thought-provoking read and essential accompaniment to these times we live in, but it is a damn sight more edible than what you sold me last night.

Do better.

Yours in pain and short four pound fifty,

Went to two Falmouth Town  FC games this week. The first being the home game at the weekend against clevedon town and a big 4-0 win to earn their first 3 points since promotion the season before. 4 goals in the first half, which really could have been more, as the referee inexplicably blew for HT as town were through on the keeper. After the half it was a non entity with the job being done and the only effort of note being clevedon hitting the upright.

The second was last night. A 3-1 win against Torpoint Athletic, winners of the eastern conference last year and promoted alongside town. Started with the big centre back for Torpoint sparking out the wide midfielder for Falmouth in a high ball challenge, where he led with his elbow. A red card anyday and right in front of linesman, who flagged and then told the ref it was a 50/50 gone wrong. No booking and even more shocking, not even a talking to. Falmouth again we're 3 up at the half and again the intensity dropped from KO in the 2nd. Torpoint quickly getting a goal back but the game fell into niggly fouls and dirty play and the ref almost lost control of the game.

For the 6 pound entry fee a great couple of days out and a great atmosphere. their left midfielder Tim Nixon could play at league 2 level in Scotland and do a job 

PXL_20220813_135913088.jpg

On 09/08/2022 at 22:38, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Dalkeith Thistle 4 Ormiston Primrose 1.

An impressive start to the league campaign continues for Dalkeith, now three wins in a row, and 14 goals scored.

118fa27eefdf7971a0ea475bf6a0aa8d.jpg9944ac1689b1370a1e6bd116cba5582a.jpg7372f8abac4f66b0717ddc6c813bbc53.jpg

I have never seen a penalty box lined in such a fashion - was there any explanation ?

I have never seen a penalty box lined in such a fashion - was there any explanation ?
I think you are referring to the lines in the penalty box appearing to be dashes instead of solid? A good spot if so.

It's simply the way the photo rendered when it was uploaded to P&B. I think the image has been compressed and stretched slightly.

I can assure you that the only dashes you find in Dalkeith are those which are sold in the Bull.

23f9f53e611bdcbad6cc3c3fee971ba1.jpg

Caught the last 15 minutes of a reserve friendly between  Partick Thistle and Queen's Park at Petershill before our under 20s game tonight. Saw a goal for each team, think Thistle won given the reactions at the end. Pretty good fare from what I saw.

Edit: Just found out this was actually an under 18s league game.

20220819_194222.jpg

Edited by Craig fae the Vale

Luncarty 2-3 Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (AET)

Closely fought game between 2nd tier in the East and 1st tier in the West in the South Challenge Cup.

Rob Roy missed an early penalty and had a player sent off after going in heavy for a 50-50. Luncarty led at half time then Rabs turn it round playing with the swirling wind. A equaliser for Luncarty after a defensive mistake took the game to Extra time. A 117th minute winner for Rob Roy sparking wild scenes and a twinged back for yours truly who may have got a wee bit too involved

Quite impressed with Brownlands Park. Nice ground in a natural hollow at the edge of the town under the viaduct. Same there were no trains running for the photo. Unless there is magnificent drainage I can't imagine there are too many games played there in the Winter
fc1fb50e3d28e5f819aa872914821cbb.jpg3c8af8ec5a7e52475357b330e735db89.jpg1add0043aac841cd121315bb2b200a68.jpg

On 22/08/2021 at 04:45, GordonS said:

I look at the fate of Bathgate, Whitburn, Armadale and Fauldhouse, getting beat by Edinburgh College, Syngenta and the second best team in Bo'ness and think, there but for the grace of God...

As recently as 2017 Fauldhouse were in the same division as Kelty.

I'm thankful Linlithgow Rose's committee and members saw what way the wind was blowing and joined the EoS when they did.

Novelty fact I noticed recently.

Six seasons ago Fauldhouse finished 4pts behind Bonnyrigg in mid-table of the (now defunct) East Junior Superleague.

Last season Bonnyrigg won promotion to SPFL2, while Fauldhouse came bottom of the Scottish league system.

12 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Novelty fact I noticed recently.

Six seasons ago Fauldhouse finished 4pts behind Bonnyrigg in mid-table of the (now defunct) East Junior Superleague.

Last season Bonnyrigg won promotion to SPFL2, while Fauldhouse came bottom of the Scottish league system.

Good to hear from you again Sir

On 15/08/2022 at 17:02, Connor1874 said:

No worries mate, I've been to Budapest twice and love it. ****ing cold in Winter though. :lol:  Took in a game each time, Ferencvaros vs Honved and Ujpest vs Puskas. Would love to see a game at the Puskas ground, and would like to tick Honved and MTK's grounds off the list. Even a national team game at the incredible Ferenc Puskas arena would be good. Would certainly like to visit Austria and Slovakia too. 

By no means an expert on Budapest or that but feel free to drop a message if you're looking for any recommendations. 👍

Funnily enough I actually have a friend who spent the majority of his childhood in Budapest so that could be a shout. He was born in Glasgow but lived in Budapest from the age of 5 until 15, and he never misses a chance to tell us he played in Ferencvaros’ youth team. It’s only recently weve started to believe him after he told us the city was split in to 2 areas called ‘Buda’ and ‘Pest’. I’ve genuinely spent the last few years thinking he was talking complete and utter nonsense because it seems like such an obvious lie, although it’s completely true. :lol: 

Edited by IrishBhoy

Armadale Thistle 1-2 Tranent

A double header for us this weekend as we were at Creamery Park Bathgate, temporary home of Armadale Thistle for more South Challenge Cup action. Armadale matched their Lowland League opponent's for large spells but an early goal in the first half meant they were always struggling to get a result. Scored a deserved goal in stoppage time to get one back. Did themselves and their League proud though.

You can tell that Bathgate Thistle were a top Junior team not that long ago. Creamery Park is a great ground for this level. One of a number of clubs to have fallen on hard times recently. The staunchness of the surroundings maybe playing a part in that.905b80011926b76f987c42cba02c385b.jpg311c1c72b5e2dc20ce74abda4a75663f.jpg69a180c4bfa5f520933a504b055fb48b.jpg

Went to see Penryn Reserves Vs Storm FC on Saturday. Attendance 26.

Finished 4-1 to Penryn. A frantic start where neither team were outclassed but very much lacking in firepower and composure up front. Did say to the guy I was with around the half hour mark that this was going to die a death. About 5 minutes later it's 3-1, showing that I have as much knowledge of football as I do with water polo. A well taken finish as the ball broke from a bit of pinball in the box. A quickfire second after the CB got caught in possession. A reply straight from KO as Storm's speedy forward broke one on one and chipped the on rushing keeper. That was cancelled out by a slack back pass that was run onto by Penryn.

Second half was all Penryn but a lack of cohesion between the players after a big swap over saw the game fizzle out. Until the final 10 minutes when the young right midfielder for Penryn took it past a few defenders and his shot was deflected into the path of the striker who had a tap in.

The heat down here has really played havoc on the playing surfaces but it didn't really effect the game, with both teams going hammer and tong. If it hadn't been for a lack of concentration at the back I doubt Penryn would have walked away with the 4-1 win.

Nice wee pub attached to the ground that doubles as the clubhouse on match days and it was free to get in (a whip around for the ref at HT). So no complaints for this callsign.

PXL_20220820_133244944.jpg

Edinburgh United 2 Ormiston Primrose 2.

Edinburgh twice coming from behind to take a point in a dramatic game, the primary drama being whether the pies would be heated by half time (they were just out the oven as the referee blew his whistle!).

Good end-to-end end stuff, both teams had a pile of chances and the goalposts were rattled a few times.

Paties Road was looking splendid in the late summer's evening sunshine. Good night out, beating sitting in the house by a comfortable margin.

d1fca10300af607037bce5623229a9a3.jpg1422295a0412f90a457b1192e5cabbde.jpgb37b0aa657e97297963e4ebe3717d68c.jpgd0820196113c12daa4ed8c4d4f228449.jpg

Rangers B 7-0 Dumbarton. 

A rampant display from the young Gers against an absolutely abject Sons. Dumbarton far from full strength but still a dreadful result. Utterly ragdolled by a bunch of wee boys. Glad I didn't pay money for that.

20220823_194749.jpg

Edited by Craig fae the Vale