Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Don't know, they've kept me in the dark

Was also at the Leith v Rosyth match last week, and agree with your assessment of the stadium...vending machines at HT indeed, and far from straightforward to work them. The match was decent enough (with the mini pitch invasion which followed Leith's late, late winner), but difficult to see the stadium coping with even reasonable sized crowds.

Carnoustie Panmure 4-1 Forfar West End (10/08/22)

First half fairly even despite 3-0 at HT. Forfar goalie protested that ball kicked out of his hands prior to first goal. Second was penalty following hand ball. Rebound scored after good save for third. Fourth goal sealed the victory but deserved consolation for Forfar with a chip over the goalie and into the net. 

Beautiful evening for watching fitba.

20220810_190425.jpg

20220810_191333.jpg

A first visit to Palmerston Park in Scorching Dumfries, for Queen of the South V Airdrieonians. 1-1 draw. 1205 fans. £18 and £4 for programme and team sheet.

Queens started the match awfully as Airdrie came at them. The diamonds took a well deserved lead. But Queen's fought back and earned a deserved point. 

IMG_20220813_145152.jpg

IMG_20220813_144720.jpg

Lewis & Harris League: Stornoway Athletic 0 Point 3. Goathill Park, Stornoway.

Point effectively wrapped up their second consecutive title, 6 points ahead of Ness with 2 games left. P14, W14.

I headed for Lochs v Carloway at Creagan Dubh only to find they had rearranged it without telling anybody, due to a shortage of referees. There has been a bit of abuse of officials recently 😱

Nipped into town and missed the first 20. Aths had been reduced to 10 men after 7 minutes after what was described by both sides as a brutal tackle by left back Harry Bray.

Saw all three goals although Point won at a canter on a midgey night against a very young Aths team. 3 quid by half time collection. On a personal note, got a bucket list photo of a player sinking his head into the ball 😎IMG_7370.thumb.jpeg.e9709fc0b7f9854005722e6d65e85a99.jpeg

IMG_7371.thumb.jpeg.6ff79c858a4d23b9c9c39c85d920d1b9.jpeg

IMG_7375.thumb.jpeg.0cc14920e4629fddad670e5d8aeb2fc6.jpeg

IMG_7397.thumb.jpeg.9f276f15427576e70fd96454e2740694.jpeg

Vale of Leithen 2-3 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
A lovely day for a trip to the Borders. Innerleithen is a lovely wee town. The views from the ground are great. The game was entertaining and VOL definitely didn't look a team to lose 10-0 like they did against Linlithgow Rose. They took the lead after 7 minutes, but the Swifts equalised 3 minutes later. They took the lead later on in the first half. The second half had chances at both ends. Swifts had slightly more and looked like the decided the game late on, only for VOL to pull one back straight after. They pushed for the equaliser but didn't manage to get it. In my opinion, the better team won, but a spirited performance from the hosts.

With this one I've completed the East of Scotland League Premier Division again.
0c8158bf4cc4464a861207656a86b9df.jpgae2cb14326b5f1837040cd980baa7543.jpg9e8dc15e5c0c37596e8adcafa1061293.jpg7e091d44c5a4a5b0019048a26a36a52c.jpg245c94096e82d8ec8f2bae17695185b3.jpg

18 minutes ago, Marten said:

Vale of Leithen 2-3 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
A lovely day for a trip to the Borders. Innerleithen is a lovely wee town. The views from the ground are great. The game was entertaining and VOL definitely didn't look a team to lose 10-0 like they did against Linlithgow Rose. They took the lead after 7 minutes, but the Swifts equalised 3 minutes later. They took the lead later on in the first half. The second half had chances at both ends. Swifts had slightly more and looked like the decided the game late on, only for VOL to pull one back straight after. They pushed for the equaliser but didn't manage to get it. In my opinion, the better team won, but a spirited performance from the hosts.

With this one I've completed the East of Scotland League Premier Division again.

Had some great trips to the Vale when I was with Whitehill, you could depend on a dram off the Vale committee. Great wee place, nice couple of pubs. Coincidentally I have to visit the Swifts new park to re-complete the EOS.

Scorching hot day and I fancied a drive so I ended up at Ardeer v Wishaw. First half was pretty even, thought Wishaw edged it on chances. 1-1 at the interval. 

Second half saw Ardeer miss a penalty. It looked like this might have been costly as Wishaw broke up the park later and scored but a late rally saw Ardeer win all three points as the game finished 3-2, much to the delight of the noisy and "refreshed" Ardeer team. 

It was a nice day for nature spotting- grasshoppers in the long grass at one end, butterflies and a dragonfly at the other end! 

ardeer1.thumb.jpg.0c0cf81312c8c0a084c3954fb1ff3f16.jpg

ardeer4.thumb.jpg.56a9f6aa43a875ec7e6691c0331522a2.jpg

ardeer6.thumb.jpg.fd7adc30f0cb31d1d8d1b63502a46a6b.jpg

ardeer17.jpg.74c9a6edb5cf23755495512c8dc592b2.jpg

On 04/08/2022 at 12:15, Connor1874 said:

Cracovia might be a little tricky for tickets as their ground only holds 15,000, but then perhaps I'm being a little optimistic at their crowds. Wisla now play in the 2nd tier, so that could be an interesting experience. Just had a look at the 2nd tiers wikipedia page, and the stadium map shows that half the league is pretty close to Krakow so plenty choices there I'd think. Like the Ekstraklasa, the 2nd tier games are pretty well staggered out over the weekend too.

If you haven't booked yet, or are considering future trips, I'd highly recommend Hungary. Games spread out over a weekend, no problem at all getting tickets, and cheap as chips. Quality of football is pretty dire, but despite low crowds, every club has a good wee Ultra section to keep a decent atmosphere. Even if you don't fancy some games in Hungary, you can also do fairly short train journeys to Vienna, Bratislava and Prague.

Cheers for the info mate that’s more helpful than anything I’ve managed to find online. We haven’t booked anything yet we are just trying to find somewhere a bit different, not particularly bothered about the standard of the football as long as there is a bit of atmosphere. When we’ve went to Germany before we’ve always took in a Bundesliga game and a lower league game on the same weekend.

One of the best games we’ve been at was Bochum v Fortuna Düsseldorf in the Bundesliga 2 a few years ago, stadium absolutely rammed and the atmosphere was unbelievable from both sets of fans. Hungary was somewhere I hadn’t even considered so will definitely look into that. You’ve reminded me that the ease of transport in that part of Europe is so good that we don’t necessarily need to stay close to the games we intend to go to. After looking at a map, you could use Vienna as a base and try and fit 3 different games in 3 different countries over a long weekend, I will see how viable that is and if I end up doing it will come back and let you know how I got on. Cheers for the info. 

Hibs Women 4-0 Hamilton Academical
I also decided to go to the new Meadowbank Stadium. A healthy crowd but a horrible place to watch football. Hibs had a good game and thoroughly deserved the scoreline. A great performance by Crystal Thomas who got a hattrick, she got substituted midway through the second half.
029324c548105f6492045ad6f7f7edd3.jpg758115360cd4fbccf9733927bfb18a35.jpge9ddc1a88ff2910a1d43d074e4d04793.jpg

Saturday 13th: Greenlaw FC 4-2 Tweeddale Rovers.
Border Cup First Round, W.S. Happer Park, Greenlaw.
Greenlaw progress fairly comfortably into the last 8.
Scorcher of a day but found a bench in the shade of a tree. It helped that they were selling cans of beer at £2 a pop. 

IMG_7416.thumb.JPG.542fd328e94b7b4caba0925947292073.JPG

IMG_7412.thumb.JPG.57bfe1b681dd9ab503b63b7ea1cbb80d.JPG

IMG_7418.thumb.JPG.24f31beabc02345c536c4a4d19c9cf32.JPG

A break from 42 duties for me this week (and next). But got myself along to Coalville Town v Alvechurch in the Southern League Premier Division Central.

A tenner to get in on a scorching hot day. Home team came from behind at half-time to win 4-1. You get to the ground by walking along Action Man Road, which is eye-catching to say the least. Disgracefully, the food stand DOES NOT SELL PIES. Scandalous. Excellent apart from that.

Behind Goal.jpg

Corner.jpg

Flag.jpg

Shed.jpg

On 13/08/2022 at 23:39, IrishBhoy said:

Cheers for the info mate that’s more helpful than anything I’ve managed to find online. We haven’t booked anything yet we are just trying to find somewhere a bit different, not particularly bothered about the standard of the football as long as there is a bit of atmosphere. When we’ve went to Germany before we’ve always took in a Bundesliga game and a lower league game on the same weekend.

One of the best games we’ve been at was Bochum v Fortuna Düsseldorf in the Bundesliga 2 a few years ago, stadium absolutely rammed and the atmosphere was unbelievable from both sets of fans. Hungary was somewhere I hadn’t even considered so will definitely look into that. You’ve reminded me that the ease of transport in that part of Europe is so good that we don’t necessarily need to stay close to the games we intend to go to. After looking at a map, you could use Vienna as a base and try and fit 3 different games in 3 different countries over a long weekend, I will see how viable that is and if I end up doing it will come back and let you know how I got on. Cheers for the info. 

No worries mate, I've been to Budapest twice and love it. ****ing cold in Winter though. :lol:  Took in a game each time, Ferencvaros vs Honved and Ujpest vs Puskas. Would love to see a game at the Puskas ground, and would like to tick Honved and MTK's grounds off the list. Even a national team game at the incredible Ferenc Puskas arena would be good. Would certainly like to visit Austria and Slovakia too. 

By no means an expert on Budapest or that but feel free to drop a message if you're looking for any recommendations. 👍

Forfar United 2-4 Dundee North End (13/08/22)

Gorgeous day for spectating but hot work for the players with 2 water breaks in each half. Was impressed with the work rate of both teams in the conditions. United played well but North End showed why they are top of the league and there was only likely to be one winner after they went ahead after around 35 minutes. A cracker of a goal made it 0-2 by HT.

The 3rd goal came almost immediately after the restart and North End went 4 up about 10 minutes later. It could have been game over but neither team gave up and United deservedly got a couple of goals back for their efforts.

Guthrie Park is a lovely wee ground and very welcoming. The steak pie was excellent too. 

20220813_145307.jpg

Edited by forfarton

Chesterfield 2-0 Wrexham last night in the National League.

A big let-down for a smashing Wrexham support. 1,800 of them to Chesterfield on a soaking wet Tuesday night, and they started out extremely boisterous and noisy. To be fair, the home support were up for it too with their own noisy mob behind the other goal and it made for an excellent atmosphere. Wasn't quite expecting that. Place was not far off full and it was a fun night at the fitba.

Home side won it out the park, scoring twice in the first half. In truth they should have been three or four up at half time, and the Wrexham fans soon quietened down. They looked desperately poor and were well beaten.

The pie pictured below was FOUR POUNDS FUCKING FIFTY. Incredible and inedible.

C1.jpg

Cpie.jpg

Wrexham fans.jpg

Edited by DoingThe42

Rangers 2-2 PSV Eindhoven: in the away end with a friend who had come over for the game.

Decent, lively game. Thought Rangers were slightly the better team. A howler from PSV goalie Benitez to make it 2-1, and at that point Rangers racking up a goal or two more wouldn’t have been a shock. From there, PSV did well to take a draw back to Eindhoven. They’ll be favourites now, I think.

I tend to avoid Ibrox, but credit where it’s due it was a great atmosphere. Rangers fans made a lot of noise, backed their team, and didn’t really do anything that sectarian. They do seem to be a particularly raging set of fans though, e.g. fairly mild taunts about Celtic from the PSV fans brought plenty of red faces and apoplecticy (if that’s a word).

600 tickets sold in the away end, apparently. I guess it was pretty short notice for most of their fans. Away end felt about as busy as when I’ve been there with Queens - slightly emptier maybe.

Also, despite my plan to take my mate to some decent pubs before the game, he was (understandably) keen to join the main group of PSV supporters in Walkabout. It was heaving, played lots of Dutch rave music, all good fun, and a big space to drink in. But I’m guessing a lot of foreign away fans for games against Rangers and Celtic must end up there. Great advert for the city - one of the worst pubs in Glasgow!

B64B35E6-8EE0-4BEF-BDCA-FEF57EE449D8.jpeg

Edited by Adamski

Lanark United 4-1 East Kilbride Thistle.

More ninth tier action for us at Moor Park Lanark. Lanark had won 4 out of 4 so far and never really looked in danger here apart from a spell after the before the EK equaliser. An early penalty and three 2nd half goals made it a routine win for the Yowes.

Moor Park has no cover nor lights. Used to be two sheds apparently but they have been demolished. Still a good ground for this level.6a33df34458a84445c3d6e3fb31c95ba.jpg5728a83e05c4e46edc857960f300a8bc.jpg1d178db340c5d52fb883cccb8119e5a4.jpg

Lanark United 4-1 East Kilbride Thistle.

More ninth tier action for us at Moor Park Lanark. Lanark had won 4 out of 4 so far and never really looked in danger here apart from a spell after the before the EK equaliser. An early penalty and three 2nd half goals made it a routine win for the Yowes.

Moor Park has no cover nor lights. Used to be two sheds apparently but they have been demolished. Still a good ground for this level.6a33df34458a84445c3d6e3fb31c95ba.jpg5728a83e05c4e46edc857960f300a8bc.jpg1d178db340c5d52fb883cccb8119e5a4.jpg
Demolished by a hurricane! Awful what happened to Moor Park after Storm Arwen.

42 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Demolished by a hurricane! Awful what happened to Moor Park after Storm Arwen.

Jeebus. Done well to still be functioning