Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Edinburgh Uni 0 Bo'ness Utd 5 from a pleasant night at East Peffermill with a few of the EOS regulars including @tamthebam. A full LL card on last night but this was my nearest fixture and a chance to see how Bo'ness were shaping up including Musa the goalie signed from WW. A hat-trick from Jamie McCormack, another from Dan Watt and a penalty from Declan Hughes saw off the Uni who defended boldly but it could easily have been double figures. Crowd was about 170.

IMG_7334.thumb.jpeg.45028a6da5803293cdc9ceaae03f9d22.jpegIMG_7333.thumb.jpeg.7106db687724b2292e4587e6dca9a35b.jpegIMG_7329.thumb.jpeg.002c3b25b3188b9f784c2f91d4b7dbf5.jpeg

Edited by The Mantis

4 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Cmon Tam where’s your arty photos from last night!

You can't rush art...

.....zzzzzz......

..anyway I have to crop some bushes into the foreground for my many fans..... 

Doune Castle AFC 1-4 Stirling University EOS
Doune Castle gave a good account of themselves considering the difference in level between the sides. Ground comparable to what I'm used to in the Forth and Endrick League. It's obviously in the same region.
02671f529853e62879d605d81e23043e.jpga7349d602ba148214a9f1d0000ce66f9.jpg52a56d5e00f37b5e7ea3c1f38d1c3792.jpg20aa6dcc030a5ea0d5956822bb3bd5a6.jpg21e56fd5eded1ccfa88a2e9e9d9dd1f7.jpg

Hibernian 1-0 Norwich City 🐤 @ Easter Road Stadium on Sunday. Elias Melkersen’s ⚽ strike just before half time proved to be the winner in today’s pre-season friendly. Norwich were much changed having played Celtic the day before. 🧮 Crowd 9495.

1B679E8F-00D8-42A5-80E3-9D9F89F93036.jpeg

778530D6-8F07-47DA-9E17-BCF415572800.jpeg

7ACDCCC5-1A25-4E1D-A6FD-6C41A5A29B19.jpeg

Edited by Crow

Brechin Victoria 1 Dundee Violet 1, 27.07.22

£6 adults, £3 concession (half price for Brechin City season ticket holders.

£2.75 for a pie and a cup of tea.

Violet appeared the stronger team but didn't take their chances. Vics scored early in 2nd half after being awarded a penalty. Violet equalised from free kick. 

20220727_190340.jpg

Rare Thursday game sees me at the Site Matt Busby Complex for Central Sunday : Blantyre Albion 3 Maddieston 2 decent game for a Sunday fixture, hard to watch without linesmen at times - just had cheating ones in my day ! Some good goals, well worked 1st for the Albion, and an audacious shot with the gk off his line for 2-2 (away leveller) Maddieston defender should have gone for two stupid challenges, after he'd been done for pace.Overall enjoyable stuff,decent standard.

Me and my friend are trying to plan a European weekend away where we can take in a couple of matches. We’ve been to Germany and the Netherlands before, and fancied going somewhere that’s maybe not as popular but can still guarantee a lively atmosphere at the games as well as a nice city to explore. 

From the research I’ve done over the last few days Krakow looks like somewhere that could tick all those boxes. Neither of us have been to Poland before so that would be a bonus, and if we chose our games correctly I’m sure we could guarantee a good atmosphere. Has anyone got any experience of watching football in Krakow? Is it easy enough to get tickets etc. As well as either Wisla Krakow of Cracovia, we would quite like to take in a lower league game as well. I know there’s some guys on here with an encyclopaedic knowledge of lower league European football, are there any teams in the Krakow region that would be worth visiting anytime between the start of September and the end of October?

Hello all.

I've decided this year to fulfill the lifelong ambition I've had for the past 6 months and go to see all 42 teams in the top 4 leagues play at home this season.

My only requirement is that it's a competitive first-team game. None of this mince with complicated rules etc.

This thread seems a good way to provide myself with a bit of accountability and avoid waking up on a rainy November morning and chucking it.

I'm at 4/42 so far, having been at some League Cup and Europa Conference games. I'll fire some pictures up here for where I've been so far and as I go.

So. Hello.

43 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

Hello all.

I've decided this year to fulfill the lifelong ambition I've had for the past 6 months and go to see all 42 teams in the top 4 leagues play at home this season.

My only requirement is that it's a competitive first-team game. None of this mince with complicated rules etc.

This thread seems a good way to provide myself with a bit of accountability and avoid waking up on a rainy November morning and chucking it.

I'm at 4/42 so far, having been at some League Cup and Europa Conference games. I'll fire some pictures up here for where I've been so far and as I go.

So. Hello.

Looks like you're including Rangers and Celtic.

Disqualified!

Spartans 1-0 Heart of Midlothian B @ Ainslie Park Stadium 🌱 on Tuesday night. A 1st half headed own goal proved to be enough for the home side. Hearts with plenty of the ball ⚽️ but only really came close late on forcing 2 brilliant saves from Blair Carswell 🧤. An excellent crowd of 660.

3D97644A-71EC-435B-A36E-E0AFC7AE169B.jpeg

2AA70C8B-C2D9-49A1-A715-5A0FA67C172F.jpeg

C578430F-557C-4A72-A327-3C50F455E78D.jpeg

Chesham United 4-2 Wycombe Wanderers
A long weekend down south for me and I started on the very edge of the tube map, which is actually well outside Greater London. A lovely town which is well worth visiting in itself. A very friendly club, I had loads of good chats with locals, and a lovely ground with a good backdrop.
8df6e1a0d7cc21b92ccd1365587d1e22.jpg2712ea53850ced0536a593bc4869b197.jpgb7f10740c6eee52abe1b254a134adcf4.jpg46040b52ed6bba2186e10f10db8a721c.jpgc73b49fef935b0b084183e5d72b58c70.jpg57e3a9f8da116f18168a5e4857171a0d.jpg

Whitletts Victoria 2 St Roch's 0. Late change of plan saw me heading here instead of Saltcoats.

What's not to like about this?

Well, there's the tuneless drummer leading the children singing their charming songs about the IRA.

There's the 6/7 year old kids in Whitletts kit waving their Union Jack back at the away supporters.

There's the downtown Bucharest Ceausescu era vibe of the Dam Park architecture.

There's the dive bombing seagulls.

There's the guy tanning his cans from a blue bag carry out at an impressive rate coming way too close to me and calling me Big Man a lot in that sinister/friendly way, whilst telling me what a fabulous atmosphere this is.

There's the people wearing balaclavas because they saw somebody on You Tube do that once.

And there's the fitba. HOOF.

Can't be arsed with any of this. Day 1 of the league season and I've picked a stinker.

Nice pie at least.

5b6a8e5aa6c8a4c30968a805cbd9ef85.jpg

Musselburgh Athletic 2-4 Crossgates Primrose. 30 minute delay in kick off due to Crossgates being delayed on bypass by an accident. Musselburgh in for a long season based on this showing. All over the shop at the back and looked like conceding every time Crossgates got the ball into their half. 

CE7F92B7-55C8-448B-8304-2ABA9D8F23E5.jpeg

28CA47D6-9F61-4ADE-9906-EF73D6FCF872.jpeg

Edited by Jute

A first visit to Dumbarton, to see the Son's play Stirling Albion today. Sadly I never got to visit Boghead. 

A cracking start to the match as Dumbarton came flying out of the traps and took a two goal lead after four minutes. After that Stirling settled down and tried hard to get back into the match. They didn't do much in the first half. But made the Son's keeper work in the second. 

A red card for a bad elbow on a Dumbaron player put paid to any comeback. 

Sadly didn't get to visit the Castle as it's closed for maintenance work 😢

IMG_20220730_150049.jpg

IMG_20220730_160222.jpg

I went to Haddington (or as I call them Hadyingtong) v Hill o' Beath 

It was a hot day in Haddington, plenty of berry bugs about too. The first half was fairly even, not too many chances and the game needed a goal. The restart was slightly delayed when the ref had to sprint back into the dressing room- he'd forgotten something vital for officiating. 

Haddington went ahead from the penalty spot. Hawthorn's equaliser came in odd circumstances. A Haddington player went down injured, a Haws player must have called him something unsavoury and the ref gave him a straight red. The ball was played in soon after, Haws squeezed it in, Ross Allum gestured GIRUY at some home fans and after consultation between the ref and the assistant ref Haws kicked off with 9 players..

A draw was a fair result all round.

There may be photos to follow..

1/42: Albion Rovers 1-2 Cove Rangers 12/7, League Cup.

A great night at the fitba. Cove clearly a better side, but Rovers are unlucky not to square it up in the second half. Hit the bar late on and force a lot of pressure.

Highlights include standing next to Billy Stark (I'm absolutely sure) to watch the game and the performance of the fittest linesman I've ever seen. Usually they're wee, fat, and bald. This lad clearly has ambitions!

AR fit linesman.jpg

AR Sunset.jpg

AR Stand.jpg

2/42: Clyde 1-2 Bonnyrigg Rose 13/7, League Cup.

The Bully Wee's Big Hamilton Comeback. Among the first games I was ever taken to see were some home games in Clyde's Second Division title-winning season of 92/93 at the old Douglas Park, and here we are again about three decades later.

Bonnyrigg deserve to win. McGachie looks a good lower-league striker. Big and strong with a smart turn and causes Clyde loads of problems. Clyde lack a presence up front and look like they'd make a good fives team.

ndp1.jpg

ndp2.jpg

NDP3.jpg