Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Shotts Bon Accord 0-3 Pollok.

Not much of a contest. Pollok a far better team and the scoreline reflected that. Had heard lots about Hannah Park and wasn't disappointed. The pitch in indeed huge, a food kiosk better stocked than many corner shops and friendly people. Good afternoon out.62c90de2ad9b565662649fcbce52c2c0.jpg8ff7806b33db444ff2bdf08a1de6b363.jpg

Kilsyth Athletic 4-2 Royal Albert.

Game two of the day and it was a comfortable win for Athletic who despite being a tier lower we're by far the better team.

Now, about the ground. It's absolute nonsense that Kilsyth Sportsfield has been deemed up to West of Scotland League standard. A standard 3G cage with absolutely no spectator facilities whatsoever. And the screens they've put up to stop people watching without paying in wouldn't stop anyone from doing just that. In fact, a group walking a dog watched a good 20 minutes from outside the cage. Nothing against the club, who clearly have ambition and some decent people running it, but as it is, there's no way it's a suitable venue.

20220716_140135.jpg

Kilsyth Athletic 4-2 Royal Albert.
Game two of the day and it was a comfortable win for Athletic who despite being a tier lower we're by far the better team.
Now, about the ground. It's absolute nonsense that Kilsyth Sportsfield has been deemed up to West of Scotland League standard. A standard 3G cage with absolutely no spectator facilities whatsoever. And the screens they've put up to stop people watching without paying in wouldn't stop anyone from doing just that. In fact, a group walking a dog watched a good 20 minutes from outside the cage. Nothing against the club, who clearly have ambition and some decent people running it, but as it is, there's no way it's a suitable venue.
20220716_140135.thumb.jpg.32febdfd5b43c702d4e88e6cf01b9f95.jpg
Grass pitch next door too. Poor show really.

Edinburgh United 1-1 Gretna 2008
The fact that Gretna play 3 divisions higher than their hosts wasn't visible at all. The match was tight, Edinburgh United took the lead midway through the second half. Gretna kept pushing though and deserved their equaliser. A draw was probably the right result.
7464c09b56b3ffb17c3fa8de523c6f00.jpg63c4150f031c5cb3404eb688d4425c0c.jpg2db888367e0a9d1ec37abe735fdcbc06.jpg451360fb2f9d578acd06a37730f3a0de.jpg

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Edinburgh United 1-1 Gretna 2008
The fact that Gretna play 3 divisions higher than their hosts wasn't visible at all. The match was tight, Edinburgh United took the lead midway through the second half. Gretna kept pushing though and deserved their equaliser. A draw was probably the right result.

Plus United have been facing a bit of a rebuild. Lost 5 or 6 players from last season and the manager of 4 years packed in. Spent a lot of time there last season as I was taking photies for them while another P&B legend was doing the programme.

OK, went to Meadowbank so here's my excuses:

1. It was the only competitive game I could find in the Edinburgh area. Always prefer that to a friendly.

2. Been to Meadowbank loads of times so it wasn't a tick (judging by the accents and many sad wee guys with rucksacks, plenty others wanted to bag the occasion/ground).

3. Wanted to run the eye over one of ICT's league rivals.

4. Wanted to visit the Bellfield Brewery which is just across the road.

5. You can never pass up an opportunity to have a couple of pints in the Guildford between buses.

It truly is a terrible venue and I feel sick for the likes of @tamthebam. Some people have been saying it's no worse than AP but the seats have very few passageways and are packed very tightly so if you want a pish you feel you are annoying far more folk. I got told off for sitting in the Directors' Box 🤣(not very obvious).The toilet situation at ht was awful too, a long walk followed by a queue. 1-1 at ht, fairly even, FCE took the lead with a grand strike from Crane, Low equalised from the spot. Arbroath totally dominant second half and supersub Bobby the Binman hit 2 great strikes.

image.thumb.jpeg.09cc5de879bd11517e28e347610ad29a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7269e7aea22bd36c5c8962a081532268.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b775a143737f4e54c03fa1c4912df0d1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8d19f46ed826dcef0ffb9a8c909e8f26.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cb4038ceae7422a03b00b60e9af97825.jpeg

Edited by The Mantis

1. It was the only competitive game I could find in the Edinburgh area. Always prefer that to a friendly.
2. Been to Meadowbank loads of times so it wasn't a tick (judging by the accents and many sad wee guys with rucksacks, plenty others wanted to bag the occasion/ground).
5. You can never pass up an opportunity to have a couple of pints in the Guildford between buses.
It truly is a terrible venue and I feel sick for the likes of [mention=12982]tamthebam[/mention]. Some people have been saying it's no worse than AP but the seats have very few passageways and are packed very tightly so if you want a pish you feel you are annoying far more folk. I got told off for sitting in the Directors' Box [emoji1787](not very obvious).The toilet situation at ht was awful too, a long walk followed by a queue. 1-1 at ht, fairly even, FCE took the lead with a grand strike from Crane, Low equalised from the spot. Arbroath totally dominant second half and supersub Bobby the Binman hit 2 great strikes.
Good to see there's an instant replacement for Central Park as the worst ground in the League

10 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

It looks a truly terrible football venue, I've been to Aberdeen Sport Village and that isn't great, but it has far more elevation than Meadowbank.

Suppose if they build a "proper" stand, then it might be okay, but still crap for the FC Postal fan.

FTFY

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:
1 hour ago, The Mantis said:
It truly is a terrible venue and I feel sick for the likes of [mention=12982]tamthebam[/mention]. Some people have been saying it's no worse than AP but the seats have very few passageways and are packed very tightly so if you want a pish you feel you are annoying far more folk. I got told off for sitting in the Directors' Box emoji1787.png(not very obvious).The toilet situation at ht was awful too, a long walk followed by a queue. 1-1 at ht, fairly even, FCE took the lead with a grand strike from Crane, Low equalised from the spot. Arbroath totally dominant second half and supersub Bobby the Binman hit 2 great strikes.

Good to see there's an instant replacement for Central Park as the worst ground in the League

I was hiding behind the trees on Marionville Road looking in out of curiosity. Since the directors unilaterally changed the name of the club I decided they can get stuffed 

I've seen other pics of the place and I can't believe how fucking tinpot it is. I'd seen the plans previously and peaked over the fence but it really brought home how bad it is today. Of course the Clowncil have done things on the cheap but when I look at the stand Dunbar United have just put up I shake my head

Chirnside United 0 Tweedmouth Rangers 5

Went up to Comrades Park on Thursday night. Chirnside played in the East of Scotland League until 1979 so I was curious to see the ground. 

The home side were mid table in the Borders Amateur League last season but we're outclassed by their visitors. There was a bit of handbags at the end but veteran ref Andy Rooney sensibly broke it up with no further sanctions 

IMG_20220714_191634214.thumb.jpg.1bc042601cb517e6881015c8284d7d0a.jpg

Oklahoma Rangers 0-7 Vale of Leven u20s. 

OK, not strictly random because the Vale are my team, but playing a travelling American side is pretty random, so I'm posting!

Oklahoma Rangers are an American youth team who are on a UK tour just now. Our 20s were selected to be their local opposition at the Rangers Training Centre tonight. Good performance from our boys, looked really sharp, especially considering it was our first game of preseason with a vastly different team to last year. The Americans had a couple of really tidy looking players, but the rest weren't up to the West of Scotland under 20s standard. Good night, always nice to see something a bit different in preseason.

20220716_190538.jpg

Glasgow Wellington Colts 8-4 Glasgow North United.

Not the highest quality game I've ever seen, and some very tired legs in the second half, but decent entertainment. First time I've had to walk through Scotstoun Stadium to get to the back pitch, so that was a nice novelty. 

20220717_112302.jpg

Bonnyrigg Rose 1 Hibs 4. Attendance 2,400 at a spruced up New Dundas Park.

Bit of a gala day occasion for the locals in Midlothian as the "big team" (for many) came to town.

Hibs were very comfortable throughout, looking like a significantly better team than Killie yesterday.

Bonnyrigg had some decent spells but will rue conceding a third goal immediately after scoring, just a few moments away from HT.

Game disrupted twice due to spectators needing medical treatment. Hopefully just heat related and nothing too serious.

Great to see David Marshall, who becomes the first international goalie to grace these parts since Henry Smith was at Whitehill Welfare.

Bonnyrigg go on to host Falkirk on Wednesday.
22eba76ec252075888df615f17c84410.jpgbc5c58b57e2a46b0e76dc95d059a917f.jpg

Kilsyth Rangers 3-5 Armadale Thistle

Kilsyth scored after 50 seconds and then oops... West Division 2 against East division 3 but Thistle looked the better side throughout. Two late goals make the score line a bit less one sided.

Always a decent ground for a visit Duncansfield and worth it against to get out on a lovely night after it being so bloody warm during the day.73ca35a27adfaf623b2ca2310b85d0cd.jpg0a567b88bc7ae286d578dfcbda932df8.jpgffe8ab7f2d6e570f2b5c35c1ba360c3e.jpg

Berliner AK07 4-4 VFB Lübeck.

What would a holiday be without a game of football? Cracking game between two tier four teams. 36 degrees throughout the game but playes at a good pace throughout. BAK came from 2 goals down twice to snatch a draw in the Berlin heat.

Played at Stadion Rehberge, which isn't BAK's normal ground, for unknown reasons

20220720_183653.jpg

20220720_192739.jpg

Ashfield 2-2 Port Glasgow. Two in two days for the groundhopping express. So is Saracen Park the Ashfield Azteca, the West of Scotland Wembley, the Possil Parkhead or even the near Springburn Nou Camp? Well unfortunately no, it's closest to Central Park Cowdenbeath. Football in a place used for sports like speedway or stock cars are almost exclusively dreadful imo. We've gone from, arguably, the biggest pitch in Scotland at Shotts to surely the narrowest in Ashfield.

The first half was dreadful hence the essay above. Second half picked up a lot and actually ended up quite entertaining. Port from the League below coming back from two goals down.

20220720_184811.jpg

20220720_194235.jpg