Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

The top few teams in Conference X would probably be up there if they were in Conference A/B right now. Unfortunately for them they are another season away from that level, as next season they'll play in the Second Division against the bottom half of the current Conferences.

I was wondering what the script was with that division. I got the impression that the X conference was just a stop gap for the newly applied teams to EoSFL. Is that the plan, to streamline it into a simple 3 tier/1 league system?

13 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

I was wondering what the script was with that division. I got the impression that the X conference was just a stop gap for the newly applied teams to EoSFL. Is that the plan, to streamline it into a simple 3 tier/1 league system?

Conference X becomes the Third Division (minus two promoted clubs), the top half of Conferences A & B will be the First Division and the bottom half the Second Division as shown here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_East_of_Scotland_Football_League#First_Division 

Only just discovered this thread so my random match is from October 23rd. Clyde were away to Cove so me and my old man took the shorter trip down the M74 to see Carlisle vs Oldham. 

Typically, we picked a game that finished 0-0 but that was better than a 6 hour round trip to see Clyde get scudded 3-0. A decent standard of football similar to mid to lower end Championship level up here I would say.

Attendance: 4274 (420 Oldham fans). A good crowd for two teams slogging it out at the bottom end of League 2 and fighting for their survival in the football league. One player of note was Zach Clough playing up top for Carlisle. Looked a shadow of the player he was at Bolton a few years back.

FE4AA78B-CB4C-4574-B0DE-C526C6F7C4F6.jpeg

825730D6-938B-48E2-8A65-CC8CC1B45BAF.jpeg

8563D781-A44A-4A3D-9DA8-AE371894208B.jpeg

Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale 1-2 Penicuik Athletic. Back up plan to the back up plan as first two games I was thinking of going to fell victim to the weather. Worked out okay though as this was an entertaining game with both sides playing some nice football. Very nice pie as well. 

BF1FBC54-A85F-4262-BBE3-264144D4C3F5.jpeg

Prenton Park for Tranmere Rovers V Forest Green Rovers today. A bit of a treck to get here today. I'd planned on arriving into Liverpool at 10.30 for have a look around before heading to the game, but with my train at 6.15 from Edinburgh cancelled then delays along the way I didn't arrive into Birkenhead until 2.30. 

I expected a good exciting tie today between the top two in League two. But in truth, Forest Green were absolutely brilliant and ripped Tranmere Rovers to shreds! 

4-0 to FGR in front of a crowd of 10942, £18 ticket which was good value. Unfortunately the programmes were all sold out by the time I arrived.

Scottish interest in the game in both teams. 

Ross Doohan, Calum MacDonald, Kane Hemmings and Josh McPake for Tranmere.

FGR had. Jack Aitchson, Nick Cadden and Regan Henry.

Now to get myself home tonight ...

IMG_20220129_142131.jpg

IMG_20220129_145809.jpg

Edited by atfccfc
Spelling

11 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

Prenton Park for Tranmere Rovers V Forest Green Rovers today. A bit of a treck to get here today. I'd planned on arriving into Liverpool at 10.30 for have a look around before heading to the game, but with my train at 6.15 from Edinburgh cancelled then delays along the way I didn't arrive into Birkenhead until 2.30. 

I expected a good exciting tie today between the top two in League two. But in truth, Forest Green were absolutely brilliant and ripped Tranmere Rovers to shreds! 

4-0 to FGR in front of a crowd of 10942, £18 ticket which was good value. Unfortunately the programmes were all sold out by the time I arrived.

Scottish interest in the game in both teams. 

Ross Doohan, Calum MacDonald, Kane Hemmings and Josh McPake for Tranmere.

FGR had. Jack Aitchson, Nick Cadden and Regan Henry.

Now to get myself home tonight ...

IMG_20220129_142131.jpg

IMG_20220129_145809.jpg

Remember and claim compensation for cancelled train. Got my ticket fully reimbursed for train that was cancelled on way home from Accrington a couple of weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Jute said:

Remember and claim compensation for cancelled train. Got my ticket fully reimbursed for train that was cancelled on way home from Accrington a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers, already on it as I booked online via LNER APP. Very easy to do. My trip down is already in. I do hope the trip back has no delays though. 

1 minute ago, atfccfc said:

Cheers, already on it as I booked online via LNER APP. Very easy to do. My trip down is already in. I do hope the trip back has no delays though. 

Mate who supports Sunderland reckons he has been delayed nearly every game he has been to this season. Saving him a fortune in travel but has meant some long days. Hope you get back okay. 

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Mate who supports Sunderland reckons he has been delayed nearly every game he has been to this season. Saving him a fortune in travel but has meant some long days. Hope you get back okay. 

Thanks, on train and it appears to be on time. Will need to run from Central to QS to get earlier train home as I'm absolutely knackered now!

I hope your mate got delayed today and decided to head to pub instead! Seeing that Sunderland got murdered at Bolton! 😬

1 hour ago, atfccfc said:

Thanks, on train and it appears to be on time. Will need to run from Central to QS to get earlier train home as I'm absolutely knackered now!

I hope your mate got delayed today and decided to head to pub instead! Seeing that Sunderland got murdered at Bolton! 😬

He was there and is not a happy man tonight. 

Was supposed to be at Wrexham today but the gig I was doubling up the journey for was cancelled midweek so I made the shorter trip to see Runcorn Linnets Vs Workington. 5th Vs 1st in the Norther Premier League Division 1 West. Not much between the teams but the pacesetters from Cumbria took the points after edging the second half. Third time I've been to the APEC and the Linnets crowds are rising each time, it's went from around 200 to 700 to 963 today. Great to see a community minded team get positive gains through the gate, announcing today's crowd as their largest ever league gate.

PXL_20220129_165750845.thumb.jpg.bd6c2ab83a0df780f305df5fa85cd551.jpg

Edited by Christophe

49 minutes ago, Crow said:

Caught the 2nd half of Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale 1-2 Penicuik Athletic after @ Ainslie Park. Crowd 120 odd.

2EE20311-BB67-41F1-8DAC-779277EC352B.jpeg

That’s pretty much where I was sitting in first half but moved at half time to stand down the bottom. 

On 24/01/2022 at 22:23, Marten said:

Not many pubs near Kingsmeadow either... I do remember the Willoughby Arms in a residential estate near Norbiton station which is a great pub, but that's about a 20 minute walk away. Been there a few times when Wimbledon still played at KM back when I lived in England.

I'd been once before I went earlier this season (seen the Chelsea women V Everton Women game, no problem with a bag then!), back in 1991-92 I to see Woking play, when it was still Kingstonians ground and the stadium was Red rather than blue. It has changed a fair bit since then. It was still a fairly new ground back in the early 90s.