Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Rangers Women 2-1 Hibernian Women. 

Probably the biggest game in Scotland today and it didn't disappoint. Hibs deservedly led at the break but Rangers were much improved after half time and probably did enough to earn the three points even if the penalty from which the equalised was extremely soft (a true Chris Gentles special).

20220123_161548.jpg

Arsenal V Burnley. Absolutely dreadful match. One paced arsenal too slow in thought and movement to breakdown a Burnley team more than happy to sit in and play out for a 0-0 draw. £30.50 ticket and £3.50 programme. Bought a whole host of printed Fanzines too!

IMG_20220123_150316.jpg

IMG_20220123_133010.jpg

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Rangers Women 2-1 Hibernian Women. 

Probably the biggest game in Scotland today and it didn't disappoint. Hibs deservedly led at the break but Rangers were much improved after half time and probably did enough to earn the three points even if the penalty from which the equalised was extremely soft (a true Chris Gentles special).

20220123_161548.jpg

Whats the attendance like for Rangers Women home games?

Not heading to the Chelsea U23 game tonight now. Got to the stadium, bought my ticket and headed to the turnstiles. Only to be told by the steward that I couldn't bring my bag in, just incase I wanted to blow the stadium up! I have nowhere to put it so got a refund and now heading to the pub instead 🤷‍♂️🍺🍺🍺 

IMG_20220124_173607.jpg

6 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

Not heading to the Chelsea U23 game tonight now. Got to the stadium, bought my ticket and headed to the turnstiles. Only to be told by the steward that I couldn't bring my bag in, just incase I wanted to blow the stadium up! I have nowhere to put it so got a refund and now heading to the pub instead 🤷‍♂️🍺🍺🍺 

IMG_20220124_173607.jpg

Why didn't they just look in it?

Petershill 3-3 Partick Thistle Youth XI.

Monday night mid-season friendly at Petershill. Decent game. Petershill deservedly led 2-0 at half time, but the very young Thistle side came out like a train after the break and raced into a 3-2 lead before being pegged back. A bizarre ending when the ref blew for full time eight minutes early when he was informed they only had the pitch booked until half 8. Why they didn't just play two forty minute halves I don't know!

20220124_190344.jpg

4 hours ago, atfccfc said:

IMG_20220124_173607.jpg

Not many pubs near Kingsmeadow either... I do remember the Willoughby Arms in a residential estate near Norbiton station which is a great pub, but that's about a 20 minute walk away. Been there a few times when Wimbledon still played at KM back when I lived in England.

14 hours ago, atfccfc said:

IMG_20220124_173607.jpg

Were you planning on blowing it up? Never clarified that, to be fair.

Burton v MK Dons tonight for me.

57 minutes ago, Crow said:

Saturday ... Edinburgh University 0-6 Celtic B in the Lowland League @ East Peffermill 🌱. Comfortable win for the visitors who raced into a 3-0 lead early on. Crowd 161.

61B34744-DA0F-4CB6-B206-BAF68F9FFABB.jpeg

AEB35593-F9E7-4CDC-AADE-F3395B9CB585.jpeg

It would have been 160 if you'd done the right thing and dingied reserve teams.

Tonight's not so random, random game. Aldershot V Southend United. Frustrating draw for the Shots. Took an early lead then sat back and let Southend have the majority of the ball, who done nothing with it until the 86th minute to equalise. 

2141 (about 500 Southend fans) crowd. £20 ticket and £3 programme. 

Its been 5 years since I've seen a live Aldershot win 😬.

IMG_20220125_185119.jpg

IMG_20220125_194356.jpg

16 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

Tonight's not so random, random game. Aldershot V Southend United. Frustrating draw for the Shots. Took an early lead then sat back and let Southend have the majority of the ball, who done nothing with it until the 86th minute to equalise. 

2141 (about 500 Southend fans) crowd. £20 ticket and £3 programme. 

Its been 5 years since I've seen a live Aldershot win 😬.

IMG_20220125_185119.jpg

The first pic reminds me of Dens for some reason.

Civil Service Strollers 0-0 Armadale Thistle (CSS win 3-1 on penalties)

Crowd of 100-150 for this EoS Qualifying Cup tie.

My first proper trip to Christie Gillies Park despite playing on the old college pitches next to it and playing at the adjacent World of Football complex many times. Stopped off in the clubhouse for a bottle of beer on the way in which was nice. Quite impressed by the clubhouse. £3 for a bottle of Birra Moretti.

Game itself was a bit of a battle. A decent watch for a 0-0 draw with chances for both sides. CSS made a strong start hitting the woodwork twice early on but as the game progressed Armadale grew into and started to really frustrate the hosts. The visitors then were reduced to 10-men but as extra time came, they continued to scare Civil Service. Injuries further impacted Armadale but they bravely held on for penalties, but no upset on the cards as the home side got the job done.

I see Armadale are in the Conference X but I think that league seems quite hard to gauge. They're top of that league and reckon they'll be looking to kick on further next season. Civil Service played some good football, and have some very decent players, but really lacked a bit of composure in the final third.

image.thumb.png.fe5c4a37b4f3ab65d3d53cbebfb1d808.png

7 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

The first pic reminds me of Dens for some reason.

It's a great old ground which I always love visiting. It hasn't changed in 50+ years bar the odd bit of painting. The club are trying to get the ground redeveloped but are finding it hard to get certain parts of planning permission through (belt a road that runs close behind the main stand) The need to modernise is long overdue and will continually hold the club back from any ambition it has. 

10 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

I see Armadale are in the Conference X but I think that league seems quite hard to gauge. They're top of that league and reckon they'll be looking to kick on further next season. Civil Service played some good football, and have some very decent players, but really lacked a bit of composure in the final third.

The top few teams in Conference X would probably be up there if they were in Conference A/B right now. Unfortunately for them they are another season away from that level, as next season they'll play in the Second Division against the bottom half of the current Conferences.