Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Caledonian Braves 3-0 Broomhill

New Year's Day action in the Lowland League. The Braves deservedly went 2-0 up then got reduced to ten men. They then scored again and it was 3-0 at half time. Broomhill had the vast majority of the second half possession, but couldn't do anything with it and 3-0 it finished.

Crowd announced as 177, which was less than I was expecting given the lack of other games taking place, but comfortably the biggest crowd I've seen at Alliance Park.

20220101_151255.jpg

Edited by Craig the Hunter

On 31/12/2021 at 11:32, The Mantis said:

Dunbar Utd 3 Whitehill Welfare 1. New Countess Park last night.
Includes obligatory shot with train 😂

P1040964.thumb.jpg.24439f1983df50f75137343db1c46443.jpg

P1040954.thumb.jpg.50b2488f3539dd95bf8c7b4a1305d757.jpg

It’s a fine ground would have been tempted but too risky the way trains were getting cancelled.

53 minutes ago, Jute said:

Stirling Uni 3-2 Edinburgh Uni. Played at Ainslie Park for some reason but gave me an excuse to get out the house. 

72680DE0-C54C-40DF-98F1-DB7D9442A0D7.jpeg

I reckon it would have got changed as they wouldn’t be able to use Forthbank as Stirling Council staff would have been on holiday.

Probably also why Albion brought tomorrow’s game forward.

Much folk there?

Armadale Thistle 4-0 Bathgate Thistle
I was originally planning to go to Hawick today, but that was called off due to the pitch being unplayable. This pitch wasn't great either but the game did go ahead. Armadale Thistle played some good football, quite impressive really on such a poor pitch
d5eab0fb8062cfaa96b37664096a2c8a.jpg5e52afa075b9e5eac697aa99639aee1b.jpg8b9a5a40284e59f7ef487203fe15d268.jpga7075d4a63cd12a0ba8006cc4bdbf0b8.jpg

18 minutes ago, Marten said:

Armadale Thistle 4-0 Bathgate Thistle
I was originally planning to go to Hawick today, but that was called off due to the pitch being unplayable. This pitch wasn't great either but the game did go ahead. Armadale Thistle played some good football, quite impressive really on such a poor pitch
d5eab0fb8062cfaa96b37664096a2c8a.jpg5e52afa075b9e5eac697aa99639aee1b.jpg8b9a5a40284e59f7ef487203fe15d268.jpga7075d4a63cd12a0ba8006cc4bdbf0b8.jpg

Great to bump into you again Marten!

46 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I reckon it would have got changed as they wouldn’t be able to use Forthbank as Stirling Council staff would have been on holiday.

Much folk there?

There has also been trouble with Forthbank's electrics.

Stirling Albion's game with Elgin the Tuesday before Christmas was affected by power dropouts - there was no internal lighting or heating.

Stirling Uni's game with Dalbeattie the following night had to be abandoned entirely after some of the lights totally failed:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/dalbeattie-star-boss-hopes-fans-turn-out-for-festive-dumfries-and-galloway-derby-with-gretna-2008/ar-AASiQLw

"They had failed the night before for the Stirling Albion game but once they’d got them working they’d stayed on for the complete match.

“When we arrived they had tried them once but when they put all the floodlights on, all the lights in the ground went off. When we arrived they had put two on and were waiting to put the others on.

“They came on during the warm up and were fine for 20 minutes, then everything went off.

“We gave it one more chance but as soon as they put the second two on again the same thing happened. That was when the decision was made and the referee had already said if the lights go off during the game it would be abandoned due to the time the process takes.

“I feel a wee bit for Stirling Uni as it’s not their ground. Ideally they could have checked them during the day on Wednesday before we started to travel, that’s probably the only thing they could have done to avoid it. It’s not their fault

Stirling Albion's game with Kelty next week has been brought forward to 1pm with their website citing the reason "the recent floodlight issues at Forthbank".

Edited by HibeeJibee

48 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Much folk there?

More than I was expecting. A few of the usual suspects were there to increase the numbers. 

19 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

There has also been trouble with Forthbank's electrics.

Stirling Albion's game with Elgin the Tuesday before Christmas was affected by power dropouts - there was no internal lighting or heating.

Stirling Uni's game with Dalbeattie the following night had to be abandoned entirely after some of the lights totally failed:

Stirling Albion's game with Kelty next week has been brought forward to 1pm with their website citing the reason "the recent floodlight issues at Forthbank".

Aye the lights would be an issue but I suspect the council wouldn't have wanted to open the place on New Years Day.

Brechin City 3-5 Fraserburgh
Not many games were on today, but the big game in the Highland League was. Brechin started off very strongly, they were 3-0 up after 20 minutes and missed some chances to get an even bigger lead. Fraserburgh then pulled one back, but just before HT a Brechin City player got sent off for a bad challenge. That changed everything, in the second half Fraserburgh were stronger, although Brechin initially defended well. They managed to score a second and a late penalty gave them the equaliser. An own goal and another penalty in stoppage time gave the guests the win. Brechin City even ended the game with 9 men as the referee also sent a player off for denying a goal scoring opportunity when he gave the penalty.

Very entertaining game for a neutral.
f524ba504c074c2b2d3c52c3d04aa701.jpg0c49582f11b8435f053d89f9a233a663.jpg

7c52b9bb8072829399762a90f734fd27.jpg859b65702712abf2e3aac083f062386b.jpg

Warrington Town 2-5 Hyde United 

Cheshire FA Cup 

Warrington were by far the better side in the first half here, they went ahead twice, only to be pegged back by a couple of scrappy goals each time that the Warrington keeper a) should have easily saved and b) were deflected past him. Second half was a different tale and Hyde battered the home side and really should have had more. Funny game. Scottish interest came in the form of the half-time introduction of former Warrior/Bino/Spider Ciaran Summers, had no idea he was playing down here and hadn't noticed his name of the team sheet until the stadium announcer called him on! 

PXL_20220104_203324946.jpg

Edited by Christophe