Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Man City 1-3 PSG: UEFA Youth League - 24/11/21

Unfortunately Scottish interest was consigned to the bench (Cieran Slicker and Adedire Mebude) although the latter did get the last 20 minutes and looked fairly sharp wide on the right hand side of the front three for City). 

Standouts were the PSG number 9, Xavi Simons, who was unplayable for the City defense for spells in the first half in particular. Also liked the look of the PSG left back, Vimoj Mungu, a diminutive French full-back in the lineage of Lizarazu, Digne etc...who despite his slight frame stopped everything down the City right and managed to get a limb onto everything. As for City, they actually looked the better team for most of the second half, I liked their Norwegian left side midfielder Oscar Bobb. 

PXL_20211124_164204564.jpg

Edited by Christophe

Looking forward to going to watch Matlock Town Vs Marske United in the English FA Trophy tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully post up a few pictures tomorrow evening. Weather looks terrible, but sure that a couple of pre match pints will compensate! [emoji6]

Civil Service Strollers 0-3 Peterhead. Red card to Civil’s number 10 changed the game as they had been better team up until then. Peterhead were poor in the first half but much better in the second with the numerical advantage. 

AF1D2919-17EC-43D0-9446-04A6CDA69F32.jpeg

Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale V Edinburgh City. I had planned on going to Dumbarton V Sauchie Juniors but travel chaos put paid to that theory. So stayed in Edinburgh and enjoyed some local travel chaos instead. An accident at Tolcross had lots of buses diverted. 

Game finished 2-1 to City. LTHV have given a good account of themselves in the game an nearly snatched a deserved replay at the death. 

IMG_20211127_150515.jpg

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Civil Service Strollers 0-3 Peterhead. Red card to Civil’s number 10 changed the game as they had been better team up until then. Peterhead were poor in the first half but much better in the second with the numerical advantage. 

AF1D2919-17EC-43D0-9446-04A6CDA69F32.jpeg

I was there, too. I'll be in that picture actually!

It was freezing. First pen was soft, and second only a little closer to a sure thing. Thought the Strollers wee the better team until they were behind & never looked like getting back into it. 

Edited by morrison

Hamilton Academical 2-3 Kilmarnock. 

Drab first half, but came to life after the break. Killie led, but Accies came back to take the lead from the spot with five minutes to go. Killie equalised three minutes later following some dreadful defending from a corner and won it with the last kick after more awful corner defence.

20211130_202525.jpg

On 29/11/2021 at 15:02, The Mantis said:

I forgot about this one... see when you go to Ochilview for a EOSL match and that fat orange jacketed c**t of a steward isn't there...

ochilview_pano.thumb.jpg.6960b5b3e3e40d3838f9c0d05a9ba352.jpg

I call one (possibly him) Von Hindenburg.

At a Stenny v City game the so brave stewards told 13 year old Cara to get her feet off the back of an empty seat while ignoring the hospitality guys drinking Buckie from a glass bottle at the back of the stand.

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I call one (possibly him) Von Hindenburg.

At a Stenny v City game the so brave stewards told 13 year old Cara to get her feet off the back of an empty seat while ignoring the hospitality guys drinking Buckie from a glass bottle at the back of the stand.

Yeah when WW played the Shire the WW committee members were chatting near the tea bar, club ties and all that,  and he was trying to order them back to their seats. Good job Sir Peter had called it a day by that time 😂

Clydebank 3-1 Troon
Good attendance and atmosphere. Troon were the better side in the first half and should really have had the lead at HT. In the second half the Bankies were a lot better and ultimately deserved their win. The guys standing next to me made me think the language I used towards the ref and some opposition players the last two Lochee United games was actually quite tame... They provided good entertainment though (and admittedly, the ref was poor)!
43067a4242a045702d265a249db02259.jpg47e43ec7afea7ff8e56eee1a7c3c5078.jpgd678937079c4b86bf7835b856467aff5.jpg

Dunbar United A-A Linlithgow Rose
It can't get any more typically Scottish than this. From a lovely walk around Dunbar seaside in decent weather to a game abandoned due to heavy snow. It was 2-1 to Dunbar when it got abandoned, but imo the referee had no other choice. There was no chance of it improving to resume the game. dbddc175e156142bcfd78e0ca84254e5.jpg059eb00a4bd3da1600a5c47cd1585b85.jpgaa1db262f87b25b7f253d46419448837.jpg

Broxburn 2-3 Jeanfield Swifts. Proverbial game of 2 halves this one. Jeanfield were totally in control in the 1st half and well worth their 3-0 lead at half time. Broxburn just we’re not at the races in the first half. Second half however Broxburn were like a different team and can consider themselves unfortunate not to have got something from the game with Jeanfield keeper making a couple of good saves. One of best pies I have in a while as well. 

7CFA4F07-06B9-439F-BD57-B5D4D81F40FA.jpeg

151A0F99-25FF-4BED-A8F3-7F4DB18787C4.jpeg

Glasgow City 0-1 Celtic Women at Firhill this afternoon. 

Celtic win the SWPL Cup but it was in truth a poor game. Celtic took the lead after 25 minutes and then for some reason decided to sit on it. It only worked out for them because City were extremely wasteful. Not a great final for the 3,645 in attendance but definitely worse ways to spend an early Sunday evening.

20211205_160650.jpg

20211205_161200.jpg