Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

1 hour ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

I don't really follow big team football but I've heard rumblings about Barca ha kng a transfer embargo or something. What's the score with the low crowd? 

I had read they were in a mess, but they still get linked to practically every player going. Even before a manager is appointed.

Newcastle is the same.

Civil Service Strollers 0-1 Dalbeattie Star. Wind fairly spoiled this one which was a shame as both teams did show some decent stuff in the brief lulls in the wind. Surprisingly low crowd even given the weather.

304A3B83-18CE-44E1-8B61-7EF93F938B3A.jpeg

19140E0B-23AC-4EF8-A260-F0CF22122E86.jpeg

Edited by Jute

Coventry 3-2 Bristol City.

A red card, two penalties, and then an injury time winner for the team with ten men. Slow start, but the game really sprung into life when Coventry had a player sent off on the stroke of half-time and they came out for the second half like a different team. Bristol City played like they had the game won at half-time and eventually got punished for it. 

image.thumb.png.315da92510279cd3d684f3772b03994b.png

Not random at all really, as I go to most home games. But this season is first time I've been in a position to get some away tickets so indulge me as I fire some first stadium visits on here from these....

Wolves 2-1 Everton 1/11/21 

PXL_20211101_195318171.jpg

PXL_20211101_211538845.jpg

Edited by Christophe

Not particularly random as my mate is a Dunbar fan but he text d me before the game to say he had a cold and wasn't going

IMG_20211106_143907498_HDR.thumb.jpg.6ee35c6608ba670084750e0ca1bdf378.jpg

Dundonald 6 Dunbar 3

Dundonald was the last ground I went to before lockdown last year. They've put a roof over this bit of existing concrete terrace although the wind meant that by the second half the shed had emptied. The new lights also went on at half time.

9 goals, two pens, dodgy defending, soup and a cheeseburger. Not a bad day out despite the wind.

Glasgow Women 3-2 Boroughmuir Thistle at New Tinto Park this lunchtime.

A lively game from start to finish. Glasgow down to ten for the last ten minutes following a red card that only referee Chris Gentles will know what for, but they dug in and scored a dramatic stoppage time winner. Great entertainment for my fiver.

20211107_120331.jpg

20211107_120612.jpg

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Glasgow Women 3-2 Boroughmuir Thistle at New Tinto Park this lunchtime.

A lively game from start to finish. Glasgow down to ten for the last ten minutes following a red card that only referee Chris Gentles will know what for, but they dug in and scored a dramatic stoppage time winner. Great entertainment for my fiver.

20211107_120331.jpg

20211107_120612.jpg

Chris Gentles.... :lol:

He must have been beeling that he couldn't send anyone off at Accies v Hibs Ladies on Wednesday and made up for it ..

Motherwell women 4-3 Aberdeen at Alliance Park.
Excellent game for a neutral. Motherwell had a very strong first half and a good start to the second half. They took a 4-1 lead but two goals in quick succession by Aberdeen around the 80th minute ensured an exciting finish. Motherwell held on for a deserved win though.

With this visit I've now been to all grounds in the SWPL1.

3fc6d90805d6be10e500a6d4dfd98713.jpgdfc7e2202574321fdfc2746e9027f402.jpg1316367c33c14495d8b4a823ab935371.jpg

Tynecastle 3-3 Dundonald Bluebell. Real game of 2 halves. Dundonald were in total control in the first half should have been more than 3-0 ahead at the break. Tynecastle were even reduced to 10 men. Not convinced it was a red card but thought that was game done. However even with 10 men Tynecastle were much better in second half and deserved to get their last minute equaliser. Great entertainment.

F8BF3D51-1B27-43B0-B6F2-E2A40133CEAD.jpeg

Edited by Jute

Whitehill Welfare 0-7 Tranent Juniors
Lovely ground, definitely worth a visit. Whitehill got a man sent off after 8 minutes due to a bad tackle. I couldn't see it well enough to judge whether or not it was the correct decision. That basically ruined any hope for me of seeing a close game, what I generally hope for when going to games as a neutral. Whitehill held well in the first half, only 0-1 at half time. But when Tranent scored two quick fire goals straight after the start of the second half, it was clear we were going to see a big scoreline.
9d877bec81d16052bd35decdedcf4340.jpg9612b7bcafd628099e46211861b7a072.jpg084d6003fa6dad3940884982a1f4c49f.jpg3d13e6a978db0254e2ca3402e0fd798e.jpg

Been a wee while since I posted but it was Meggetland for me too yesterday.

Unbelievable entertainment for £7. Tynecastle terrible in the first half with a man sent off and 3-0 down but they battled back and a last minute equaliser sent the place wild.

usual write up is here, give it a read if you can!

https://groundhopscot.wordpress.com/2021/11/10/club-27-279-tynecastle-fc/

Meggetland 1.jpeg

Edited by GroundhopScot

Brighton 1 v 1 Newcastle on Saturday evening.

Not a classic, but enough to keep it entertaining. Brighton finished the game with defender Lewis Dunk in goal after their keeper was sent off, but Newcastle never really tested him. Brighton probably we’re marginally better, but a draw seemed fair. Also we were sitting beside possibly the sweariest man I’ve ever encountered at the football, which kept us amused when the game was quiet.

It’s a new stadium done well, and Brighton have done a good job of giving it some character. And they sell it out every home game. Fair old trek to and from the city centre (£18 in a taxi), but a fun place for a night out afterwards.

40250CA2-8B46-4205-817A-FE1A755927A2.jpeg

…and then Arsenal v Watford on Sunday afternoon.

The Emirates is an impressive beast of a football stadium (I’ve been before - when Scotland played Brazil - but can barely remember it as I don’t think I’ve ever been so hungover at a football match).

We paid a touch extra for a package that got you good seats and various other perks - a stadium tour, programme, money off at the club shop, etc. As a one-off experience it was just about worth it. And the place you spend time in before/during/after the game is pretty swanky - like a fancier airport departure lounge.

Swanky prices too though. My mate paid £11.50 for a burger. Not extras like chips or extra fillings though - that would have been £20!

All in all, it’s a long way from Palmerston.

Like Brighton the night before, no classic but enough to keep things entertaining. They probably had the chances to have won by more, but as the song goes it was 1-0 to the Arsenal.

Here’s Aubameyang about to miss his penalty…

BF029249-019F-4675-9D7E-3AC47090661E.jpeg

8 hours ago, Adamski said:

…and then Arsenal v Watford on Sunday afternoon.

The Emirates is an impressive beast of a football stadium (I’ve been before - when Scotland played Brazil - but can barely remember it as I don’t think I’ve ever been so hungover at a football match).

We paid a touch extra for a package that got you good seats and various other perks - a stadium tour, programme, money off at the club shop, etc. As a one-off experience it was just about worth it. And the place you spend time in before/during/after the game is pretty swanky - like a fancier airport departure lounge.

Swanky prices too though. My mate paid £11.50 for a burger. Not extras like chips or extra fillings though - that would have been £20!

All in all, it’s a long way from Palmerston.

Like Brighton the night before, no classic but enough to keep things entertaining. They probably had the chances to have won by more, but as the song goes it was 1-0 to the Arsenal.

Here’s Aubameyang about to miss his penalty…

BF029249-019F-4675-9D7E-3AC47090661E.jpeg

Big Watford player encroaching, should've been retaken!