Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Clydebank 1-0 Benburb.

Game two of the day was not a classic by any stretch of the imagination. Bankies in control throughout, but couldn't add to the lead they gained late in the first half.

20211013_193115.jpg

You were standing just along from me then. Accurate summing up of the game as well.

9AA5B498-20DD-4829-A5CA-1744404C9A6C.jpeg

On 13/10/2021 at 16:06, Craig the Hunter said:

First game of today:

Stirling University 5-0 Loughborough University. 

A flurry of second half goals gave Stirling a comfortable victory as they start their defence of the BUCS Premier North title. Healthy crowd of about 65-70.

20211013_132023.jpg

Officials in different colours there, bit unusual 

The last time I seen UoS in a BUCS game there was a Northern Irish lad about 50ish going absolutely fucking tonto, nominally supporting Stirling but giving the lads absolute pelters for moves breaking down and chances being missed. Started bellowing advice to the dugout which was met with a few sharps looks! All seemed very odd at that level and wondered if he was a regular fixture. I'm sure he mentioned something about doing a show on the student radio as well! This guy still about? 

On 13/10/2021 at 21:58, Craig the Hunter said:

Clydebank 1-0 Benburb.

Game two of the day was not a classic by any stretch of the imagination. Bankies in control throughout, but couldn't add to the lead they gained late in the first half.

20211013_193115.jpg

Where do you find the time to do this and drink as much as you do?

(See What are you drinking thread)

39 minutes ago, Christophe said:

The last time I seen UoS in a BUCS game there was a Northern Irish lad about 50ish going absolutely fucking tonto, nominally supporting Stirling but giving the lads absolute pelters for moves breaking down and chances being missed. Started bellowing advice to the dugout which was met with a few sharps looks! All seemed very odd at that level and wondered if he was a regular fixture. I'm sure he mentioned something about doing a show on the student radio as well! This guy still about? 

The only other obvious non-student who was there was an English guy in his 60s who was valiantly supporting Stirling. He gave them nothing but encouragement. 

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Where do you find the time to do this and drink as much as you do?

(See What are you drinking thread)

I just have a few beers after the football!

Edinburgh University AFC v Dalkeith Thistle.

Warm welcome to Peffermill as ever. The guy on the gate is a friendly face, and it was nice to visit the HomeBakingHub.

Attendance: 46. (Not counting anybody who glanced out of the passing LNER Azuma train, the driver of which may have been lost as they normally go in to Waverley via Meadowbank instead of the South suburban loop.)

The Uni are winning 1-0 at HT and the game looks quite one sided, but Dalkeith have started so they will finish.

02c1f052a320105e54daf32effe86106.jpge56723780318ff795c6e78c3a6bb170f.jpg

Dundee St James 4-1 Scone Thistle. New ground for me. Saint James were dominant team in first half and should have been more than 2 up. Scone came more into game in second half and should have got more than 1 they did. 

838AD0B1-CA1E-45A0-B542-5432C2936B0E.jpeg

Edited by Jute

Brentford 0-1 Chelsea
My second new ground in London this season after Wimbledon back in August. Ground looks great, but Griffin Park will still be missed my many. Good atmosphere in the home end, but the away end were very quiet despite them winning.

e90c205d278b51de3bc5be368caa1bb1.jpg77820dd3ba7d28b10bb1dcfde21a263b.jpg635f8801cd9a7e2da754408a5d010762.jpgca1355ad839bbe7a5fdcd36b8dc1938b.jpg