Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

On the way into Inverurie Locos v Brora I caught a bit of Colony Park u19s v Byron Dons u19s next door at Colony Park. Nice to check off a ground I wasn't expecting. 

Also caught some of the warm up at Fyvie FC. Won't be counting that as a ground ticked off but looked like a nice wee setup for an amateur side.

I'll report on Locos v Brora later on.

20210925_141439.jpg

20210925_131159.jpg

Edinburgh Uni 0-3 Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale. Really good game. Howler from the Uni keeper for the first but had number of other good saves. LHTV through on merit though as they created the better chances.

47512438-37FD-4A31-AD4B-9622B131F4CF.jpeg

7B1DA111-B224-493D-82CE-DBEE8D90F180.jpeg

Edited by Jute

On 19/09/2021 at 17:11, Marten said:

Quick Den Haag 1-0 JOS Watergraafsmeer
I'm still in The Netherlands and today I got into the stereotype for the Dutch and cycled from my mother's home to The Hague. Quick were one of the original big Dutch teams who won one Dutch title and 4 Dutch cups. They also once won three Dutch cups in a row, something that since then has only been equalled by Ajax and PSV. Their last main trophy was over a century ago.

Like many clubs from back then, they are also multisport. In the last two decades or so they are far better known for their cricket team, who are one of the biggest sides in the Dutch league. Their football team did climb up the leagues in recent years though and they are in the fourth tier now. They very much represent the city's elite. Their opponents today are from Amsterdam and very much represent the elite over there. Very friendly people there from both sides. The ground is lovely with a beautiful old stand and terracing in front of the club house. Great afternoon out all together.

IMG_20210919_152949.thumb.jpg.76e4172dc1b17959dbb0d9a9c391aef8.jpgIMG_20210919_154721.thumb.jpg.89bd6a3c7e23e73d00f6cfa81c705c60.jpgIMG_20210919_154837.thumb.jpg.a465c0cef26bfe9797c9492e31cc673c.jpgIMG_20210919_154931.thumb.jpg.b384e3e8060e47d9344c1cf7b8017524.jpg

I live about five minutes walk from HVV Den Haag and they are very similar to what you say about Quick. Nowhere near as big a ground but do like the bit of trivia that they are the only Dutch club outside the main three to have won more than ten titles, “allowing” them to put a star on their top. Shame they were all (I think) over a century ago!

Inverurie Loco Works 2-1 Brora Rangers in the Highland League this afternoon. 

Three goals, two red cards and a missed penalty. Cracking entertainment and a really good setup at Harlaw Park.

Game was held up for almost 20 minutes early on when one of the linesmen collapsed. Thankfully he was fine, but was subbed by a retired referee who appeared from the crowd.

20210925_151833.jpg

20210925_170354.jpg

20210925_170354.jpg

Edited by Craig the Hunter

Sporting Hasselt 1-1 Berchem Sport
In the space of three weeks I have now visited non-league games in four different countries. After Scotland, England and The Netherlands, I went to Belgium this time. I was visiting a friend who lives next to this ground so we went to this game in the Belgian fourth tier. Lovely ground, partly very old and one brand new part. Game was very physical and entertaining for a neutral.

IMG_20210925_202738_mfnr.jpgIMG_20210925_200534_mfnr.jpgIMG_20210925_210951_mfnr.jpg

13 minutes ago, Marten said:

Sporting Hasselt 1-1 Berchem Sport
In the space of three weeks I have now visited non-league games in four different countries. After Scotland, England and The Netherlands, I went to Belgium this time. I was visiting a friend who lives next to this ground so we went to this game in the Belgian fourth tier. Lovely ground, partly very old and one brand new part. Game was very physical and entertaining for a neutral.

IMG_20210925_202738_mfnr.jpgIMG_20210925_200534_mfnr.jpgIMG_20210925_210951_mfnr.jpg

Right, pack it in! When are you coming back?

Haddington Athletic 1-1 Deveronvale (Haddington win 5-3 on pens)

Third Scottish Cup game of the season for me and Haddington were superb
Over 500 at the match and the scenes of joy at the end were brilliant

Usual write up is below if you have a minute

https://groundhopscot.wordpress.com/2021/09/25/club-17-279-haddington-athletic/

jiNAmnNA.thumb.jpeg.a241d88826cb0893b1530476e18ad0b0.jpeg7wGCP9sQ.thumb.jpeg.947c42614b79187445bfeaf660edbfb2.jpeg

PSV Women 2-1 FC Twente Women
The biggest game currently in the women's eredivisie with last season's champions away to the runners-up. Good ground again, facilities in Women's football improved a lot in recent years, with Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV now all having a fully licensed second stadium they use for their women. Attendance was around 1,000. In the first half, only the main stand was used, but it was really hot in the sun so the stewards opened the opposite stand and lots of people, myself included, moved at HT.

IMG_20210926_122140.jpgIMG_20210926_122341.jpgIMG_20210926_132855.jpgIMG_20210926_132908.jpg

Barnsley 1 Nottingham Forest 3 at Oakwell tonight (Wed 29th). Slow burn 1st half with only a soft pen for Barnsley separating the sides. Forest really came out of the traps in the 2nd half though, missing two really good chances before drawing level through Danish Winger Phillip Zinkernagel on loan from Watford. Further goals from Bren Johnson and Lewis Grabban securing the points.
Convincing win in the end, difficult to understand why Forest have been languishing in the bottom three before tonight. Barnsley look like they’ll struggle this term on this showing however! Stand outs for Forest, Full back Djed Spence and Midfielder Ryan Yates.
Approx Crowd 13.5K with just over 2000 away fans travelling up the M1 from Nottingham.
9EA33C01-FB98-4319-B818-8E9ABF70319F.thumb.jpeg.8200b57fd60ec1dc423688f6ac0ba0c3.jpeg
C8BCE784-7D23-4884-9A9F-78E750E915AA.thumb.jpeg.ce687ee9a907d47c2973100e2d6f6638.jpeg

The Groundhoppers are visiting us this weekend to lick our corner flags, secrete blades of grass into their little test tubes and take an almighty abundance of photos (whole memory cards will be filled just with photos of the Dalkeith sub goalie warming up).

The coach party fuelled only by cornish pasty and Yorkshire Tea. You will hear them approach as their badges clank in rythym to their stride.

There's a preview to their weekend activities here: https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/scottish-groundhops-2021-2.4749/

An interesting selection of grounds on Saturday as they encircle my childhood home. I know them all well. But I'm still going (to the Saturday games only), and looking forward to it.

I've learned a lot from the preview though, some new facts for me to grapple with:

* A two minute walk across King's Park counts as a "hike".
* Tweedmouth usually bring quite a few fans.
* "The indigenous community [of Bonnyrigg] are a tough bunch."
* The grass bank on the touchline at Bonnyrigg is treacherous. (This theme returns wherever grass is found at any slope.)
* Some wildly ambitious estimated driving times, such as 15 minutes from Penicuik to Easthouses.
* A whole write up about Lin Lithgow (sic) visiting Star, before the author comes back to meekly confess that the game is in fact against Tranent. (Posted on Wednesday.)
* Some comment about "the nature of the Tranent support" and the impact of drink thereon.

It's tremendously ill-informed reading, very much recommended.

6 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

The Groundhoppers are visiting us this weekend to lick our corner flags, secrete blades of grass into their little test tubes and take an almighty abundance of photos (whole memory cards will be filled just with photos of the Dalkeith sub goalie warming up).

The coach party fuelled only by cornish pasty and Yorkshire Tea. You will hear them approach as their badges clank in rythym to their stride.

There's a preview to their weekend activities here: https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/scottish-groundhops-2021-2.4749/

An interesting selection of grounds on Saturday as they encircle my childhood home. I know them all well. But I'm still going (to the Saturday games only), and looking forward to it.

I've learned a lot from the preview though, some new facts for me to grapple with:

* A two minute walk across King's Park counts as a "hike".
* Tweedmouth usually bring quite a few fans.
* "The indigenous community [of Bonnyrigg] are a tough bunch."
* The grass bank on the touchline at Bonnyrigg is treacherous. (This theme returns wherever grass is found at any slope.)
* Some wildly ambitious estimated driving times, such as 15 minutes from Penicuik to Easthouses.
* A whole write up about Lin Lithgow (sic) visiting Star, before the author comes back to meekly confess that the game is in fact against Tranent. (Posted on Wednesday.)
* Some comment about "the nature of the Tranent support" and the impact of drink thereon.

It's tremendously ill-informed reading, very much recommended.

You forgot the mandatory DSLR and beer belly. Or having a laugh trying to dodge the guys with clickers (two of them, so they can agree exactly on the attendance). If only they would watch the game instead of talking all the way through so you have to move.
I'm off to Kirkcaldy tomorrow to watch Edinburgh United, but might pitch up at Nitten later.

32 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

And he's one of the better posters on that site!

Just had a read at NLM, I know that poster, he's been going to EOS and LL games for decades so the comments should be taken as tongue in cheek for his 'foreign' audience.