Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts v Leith Athletic, Under 20s at the Fleet Grounds, Rosyth, attendance looked about 50-60. I couldn't do a headcount as we were all on the same side of the pitch.

I didn't bring a jacket and got caught out by a bizarrely strong wind. I was freezing so I left at half time when it was 1-0 to Swifts. Leith turned it round to win 3-2. A good level of technique on show, I was just tired, hungry, under-dressed and cold. I sat in the car for a bit and intended to come back out for the second half, but it wasn't worth it.

IMG_20210813_201333918_HDR.jpg

11 hours ago, GordonS said:

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts v Leith Athletic, Under 20s at the Fleet Grounds, Rosyth, attendance looked about 50-60. I couldn't do a headcount as we were all on the same side of the pitch.

I didn't bring a jacket and got caught out by a bizarrely strong wind. I was freezing so I left at half time when it was 1-0 to Swifts. Leith turned it round to win 3-2. A good level of technique on show, I was just tired, hungry, under-dressed and cold. I sat in the car for a bit and intended to come back out for the second half, but it wasn't worth it.

IMG_20210813_201333918_HDR.jpg

Always windy in Rosyth!

2E71CD92-12CC-4B5F-A619-B0951592AA92.thumb.jpeg.864b4daa8dbae328572849ccee2ff308.jpeg

LTHV v Linlithgow Rose - currently 2-1 to Rose at half time. Very scrappy opening 15, then Rose took complete control for a bit although the only moment of real quality was their second goal. Vale got one from a corner with the last kick of the half. 

Main complaint is the referee who has dished out 5 yellow cards, four of which seem to have been for dissent.  Certainly wants to make sure everyone remembers that he’s here. Other than him it’s been relatively enjoyable.

Edit: ended up 2-2, Vale scored with the last kick of the ball. Rose should have had it won within the first few minutes of the second half, missing two absolute sitters.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

I'm down in London this weekend and I went to AFC Wimbledon v Bolton Wanderers at Plough Lane. The first Wimbledon game with fans in Wimbledon in 30 years. A great occasion and a great game, finished 3-3. Wimbledon did really well fighting back from 3-1 down and definitely showed the right attitude by battling to a draw. A draw was probably the right result. IMG_20210814_152306.jpgIMG_20210814_152311.jpgIMG_20210814_162601.jpgIMG_20210814_170153.jpg

Man Utd 5-1 Leeds. Down with a Man Utd supporting mate. 

A full stadium with no restrictions felt fucking brilliant. What a fixture for fans to return to in full aswell - atmosphere was electric with the biggest cheer perhaps being Varane being paraded pre-match after signing about 10 mins before kick off. 

First half was end to end with Leeds pretty unlucky to be going in a goal down at the break but after they equalised, Man U took complete control and absolutely battered them. Pogba set up 4 of the 5 goals with 2 of the assists being world class passes. The other assist from Lindelof for Bruno Fernandes hat trick goal was another sublime set up. 

From a Scottish perspective, McTominay had an excellent game and was everywhere. Despite conceding 5 goals I don't think Cooper was particularly bad for Leeds, his central defensive partner Struijk had a stinker though. 

Few photos, the bottom one being the Leeds fans celebrating their equaliser, a photo I'm quite happy with myself about :lol: Think it's a belter. 

No description available.

9 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Man Utd 5-1 Leeds. Down with a Man Utd supporting mate. 

A full stadium with no restrictions felt fucking brilliant. What a fixture for fans to return to in full aswell - atmosphere was electric with the biggest cheer perhaps being Varane being paraded pre-match after signing about 10 mins before kick off. 

First half was end to end with Leeds pretty unlucky to be going in a goal down at the break but after they equalised, Man U took complete control and absolutely battered them. Pogba set up 4 of the 5 goals with 2 of the assists being world class passes. The other assist from Lindelof for Bruno Fernandes hat trick goal was another sublime set up. 

From a Scottish perspective, McTominay had an excellent game and was everywhere. Despite conceding 5 goals I don't think Cooper was particularly bad for Leeds, his central defensive partner Struijk had a stinker though. 

Few photos, the bottom one being the Leeds fans celebrating their equaliser, a photo I'm quite happy with myself about :lol: Think it's a belter. 

Hope you didn’t buy on of those half and half scarves 😀

Dyce Juniors 1-0 Montrose Roselea

320 mile round trip on the latest episode of the groundhop.
Not the greatest game I'll ever see but it's a home win and a hard fought one for Dyce.

If you follow the thread you'll know I like writing about my experiences. The link is below and feedback is welcome :) 

https://groundhopscot.wordpress.com/2021/08/14/club-9-280-dyce-juniors/

-mdEqN-o.jpeg

XQ9Gx_bU.jpeg

CIR4bLqc.jpeg

Dritte Liga 1-3 between TSV Havelse - 1. FC Magdeburg

Havelse is an area within the town of Garbsen, which is on the western outskirts of Hanover. Following promotion from the Regionalliga Nord, they are playing their home games this season at H96‘s HDI-Arena.

Beautiful sunny day, shitloads of away fans. An enjoyable enough game, the quality was fairly woeful. Magdeburg secured the points with 2 penalties right at the end of the game. Attendance given as 3,136, which I would break down as ca. 2,300 away fans, 500 Havelse fans with the remainder being H96 fans like myself looking for something to do on a Saturday afternoon.

7EC0C5ED-9238-4EE7-ADF8-7B9362607E65.jpeg

DAC3F8B5-C85E-4F47-A1F8-512DAF6E4DB3.jpeg

448C236B-4B3F-455D-956F-08361CBD5640.jpeg

30 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Dritte Liga 1-3 between TSV Havelse - 1. FC Magdeburg

Havelse is an area within the town of Garbsen, which is on the western outskirts of Hanover. Following promotion from the Regionalliga Nord, they are playing their home games this season at H96‘s HDI-Arena.

Beautiful sunny day, shitloads of away fans. An enjoyable enough game, the quality was fairly woeful. Magdeburg secured the points with 2 penalties right at the end of the game. Attendance given as 3,136, which I would break down as ca. 2,300 away fans, 500 Havelse fans with the remainder being H96 fans like myself looking for something to do on a Saturday afternoon.

7EC0C5ED-9238-4EE7-ADF8-7B9362607E65.jpeg

DAC3F8B5-C85E-4F47-A1F8-512DAF6E4DB3.jpeg

448C236B-4B3F-455D-956F-08361CBD5640.jpeg

Are there any of the traditionally big East German clubs who aren’t a bit shite now? 

Are there any of the traditionally big East German clubs who aren’t a bit shite now? 
This is the book for you. Author visits all the teams who competed for the final Oberliga in 1989/90.

Spoiler: they all went downhill faster than Alan Baxter after taking a nasal inhaler.

https://books.google.co.uk/books/about/The_Turning_Season.html?id=W_mkzQEACAAJ&source=kp_book_description&redir_esc=y

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Hope you didn’t buy on of those half and half scarves 😀

Never in a million years. Went by a fair few Man U fans singing "we all hate Leeds scum", while wearing said scarf 🤑

On my way back to Dundee from London today. But I just had to make a stop in Newcastle where I went to Newcastle 2-4 West Ham. My ticket was in the away end. The view was great and some game for a neutral. Excellent atmosphere around me. IMG_20210815_135736.jpgIMG_20210815_141933.jpg