Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Stonehaven 4-1 Buchanhaven Hearts
North region division one

A nice trip up to Stonehaven. First a pre-match pint with a lovely view of the harbour. Then a walk to the ground. The ground itself wasn't that much. I can hardly call it enclosed. But the surrounding were lovely.

IMG_20210803_191814.thumb.jpg.e42da93c7c2805336c6f302989917056.jpgIMG_20210803_193604.thumb.jpg.83256d1380c50beadbe0a04ef998aa4d.jpgIMG_20210803_194017.thumb.jpg.c70cb1e036788b6613303a4229530dbc.jpgIMG_20210803_203309.thumb.jpg.6274623ad4d834da5db766c9798d088f.jpg

Did you go to the Marine? I enjoy a wee stop in Stonehaven on way to Cove. I don't enjoy Cove. Maybe I'll stay in Stonehaven next time!

Just now, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Did you go to the Marine? I enjoy a wee stop in Stonehaven on way to Cove. I don't enjoy Cove. Maybe I'll stay in Stonehaven next time!

Yeah, I had a pre-match pint over there. I took the train this time as that's easy enough from Dundee to Stonehaven. :)

Abbey Vale 1-3 Lochmaben, att 90.

That's me been to all the SoSFL grounds now. I wish I were mature enough not to be keeping count, but I'm not and it's a nice wee milestone. A few more are likely to come in the next couple of months or so.

Abbey Vale had four wins from four going into this, while Lochmaben had one point from five matches, but you'd never have been able to tell from the way the match went. Lochmaben just about had the edge throughout and were better in front of goal.

A beautiful evening at one of the most picturesque grounds in the country, my crappy phone pics can't do it justice. Criffel behind the goal, Sweetheart Abbey to the north and fields around the rest. 

IMG_20210804_185722560.jpg

IMG_20210804_194614777.jpg

IMG_20210804_191227606_HDR.jpg

Kilbirnie Ladeside 1-6 Rossvale in the WOSFL Premier Division

Not sure what the script was supposed to be but I'm pretty sure this wasn't it.
A must win as both teams were looking for their first points. The game's much closer than the scoreline suggests although it's hard to grudge Rossvale any of the 6 goals as Kilbirnie were miles off it defensively.

They've also sacked their manager after this loss!
As always, I've done a wee writeup here;

https://groundhopscot.wordpress.com/2021/08/04/club-6-280-kilbirnie-ladeside/

Kilbirnie 1.jpeg

Kilbirnie 2.jpeg

Kilbirnie 3.jpeg

Went to Craigroyston v Dalkeith in the U20s tonight. No game. Checked Twitter, then checked Dalkeith's Twitter; game was switched to them at home. Decided my next best option was Gala v Cumbernauld Colts at South Queensferry. No game there either, can't find why not. Cumbernauld had tweeted a few hours before kick off that it would be on.

Ah well, the vagaries of development league football.

[Random Matches You're *Not* Going To thread for this pish.]

Newtongrange Star 1-1 Blackburn United. Newtongrange created more chances than Blackburn but mixture of poor finishing and some good saves from Blackburn keeper meant game finished in a draw. Always enjoy games at New Victoria Park. Great ground to watch football in with excellent facilities.

709834EA-8425-4C5F-A3D0-8D365877F5A1.jpeg

961EEE89-59F4-434B-8740-EE3971446298.jpeg

Edited by Jute

Camelon Juniors 2-4 Dundonald Bluebell

Not much in the game until the red card but Dundonald deserved the win. Great game, 6 goals and one of the few clubs to offer a steak pie!
The link to my review is below, any feedback is appreciated.

https://groundhopscot.wordpress.com/2021/08/07/club-7-camelon-juniors/

Camelon 2.jpeg

Camelon 4.jpeg

Edited by GroundhopScot

I was behind the goal and Sibanda at the post knocked it in for the first and as everyone behind the goals could see the keeper and Number 23 were playing him on, there was nothing controversial about it at all - he was clearly in line with the defence and the linesman made that point to the Camelon players. 

I thought the referee called the big moments correctly and the better team won, as well as scoring 4 they hit the woodwork 4 times. The pelanty for Dundonald was clear as day from the other end of the park.

Camelon needed to concentrate on the game for the last half hour instead of trying to blame the referee for their ills.

....and only those numpties on Scotail call it Camel-On. Its Kemlin to the locals.

9 minutes ago, drs said:

I was behind the goal and Sibanda at the post knocked it in for the first and as everyone behind the goals could see the keeper and Number 23 were playing him on, there was nothing controversial about it at all - he was clearly in line with the defence and the linesman made that point to the Camelon players. 

I thought the referee called the big moments correctly and the better team won, as well as scoring 4 they hit the woodwork 4 times. The pelanty for Dundonald was clear as day from the other end of the park.

Camelon needed to concentrate on the game for the last half hour instead of trying to blame the referee for their ills.

....and only those numpties on Scotail call it Camel-On. Its Kemlin to the locals.

That's fair enough! It's hard to see from the main stand but I thought he was in an offisde position. In fairness I wasn't even sure he touched the ball at all.

Agree with that. Dundonald fully deserved the win. 100% penalty too  I was a bit confused that there was such a protest about it.

What were your thoughts on the 'dive' for the red? It's never a pen but I probably would've given him the benefit of the doubt and waved play on.

Edited by GroundhopScot

Hibs 4-0 Kilmarnock, SWPL League Cup, Group Stage, at Armadale's Volunteer Park. Attendance about 70.

At some point I've ticked off this ground as one I've been to, and I feel like I must have seen Linlithgow Rose here, but I had no recollection of it. I think I ticked it by mistake. Hibs are playing their home games at the Spaghettihad this season and when their fixtures clash with Livi they're using Volly Park instead.

The first half was a bit spoiled for me by standing next to two loudmouthed bawheids from Kilmarnock who relentlessly and mindlessly abused the ref. Even by the standards of a men's game they would be tools, but people don't behave like that at women's games. I moved to the other end of the ground at half time to get away from them.

About 20 minutes into the first half something happened that I'd never seen before. The ref sent a Killie player to the touchline to take a nose-ring out. She obviously couldn't and had to be substituted. After coming off she walked round the pitch... to talk to the two bawheids. She told them the ref wouldn't let her put tape on her nose ring (how would you even do that?) and they were all angry because it's not in the rules.

Except the laws of the game specifically say you can't tape over jewellery, it has to come off.

Hibs had 5 players making their competitive debut, 3 of whom were making their first appearance for them altogether, so they took a while to find some fluidity. The big lassie up front, Alexa Coyle, looks a player. She comes from the University of Montana where she skipped her final year to sign a pro contract with Hibs. Her big brother was a linebacker in the NFL with Seattle Seahawks and the San Fransisco 49ers.

Amy Gallacher was very good too and Notley in midfield has a great touch. Rachel Boyle was imperious as ever and was a bit wasted at right back. She was more influential as she moved further forward in the second half, but even then most Hibs attacks came through Gallacher and Cavanagh down the left.

Kilmarnock deserve enormous credit. They barely got out of their own half for the entire 90 minutes but they were very solid and well organised, with their centre halves barely putting a foot wrong. I don't know their names because Kilmarnock didn't give the player numbers on their team-line tweet, their website doesn't give squad numbers and they don't have names on their back. The number 2 was very good, talking her right back through a scary game. It was only 2-0 until pretty late, with Cavanagh adding a third from a mis-hit (she gave the game away by roaring in frustration as the ball left her foot, and was embarrassed to see it loop over the keeper) and a fourth coming as tiredness crept in.

A good game, excellent pitch, proper ground (nae refreshments, alas) and it didn't even rain. I can't understand why these games don't draw bigger crowds.

IMG_20210808_153402394_HDR.jpg

Edited by GordonS

Oakley United 0-2 Thornton Hibs
East of Scotland qualifying cup 2nd round
Drove away in the pissing rain in Dundee to end up in a lovely sunny Oakley. Very nice ground, and a decent game. The guests were the deserved winners. They played some very good football. IMG_20210810_185451.jpgIMG_20210810_185546.jpgIMG_20210810_191957.jpg

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Oakley United 0-2 Thornton Hibs
East of Scotland qualifying cup 2nd round
Drove away in the pissing rain in Dundee to end up in a lovely sunny Oakley. Very nice ground, and a decent game. The guests were the deserved winners. They played some very good football. IMG_20210810_185451.jpgIMG_20210810_185546.jpgIMG_20210810_191957.jpg

Popular game for neutrals: