Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
2 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:
No, why?

You must have been close to where I was standing, going by that photo. And there was a guy next to me taking pictures.

We were at the front, right next to the cordon. 

First game in 18 months, unhappy at the outcome but never experienced a game being abandoned at such an early stage. Ref made the correct call due to the threat of injury.

We were at the front, right next to the cordon. 
First game in 18 months, unhappy at the outcome but never experienced a game being abandoned at such an early stage. Ref made the correct call due to the threat of injury.
Ah right. Aye you were right in front of me [emoji38]

Aye a right shitter given I'm currently soaked, standing at Larbert for a train home, spending/spent more time travelling than actually seeing a game and £7 down. But it was good to see some live football nonetheless.

A trip to Ormiston v Leith Athletic tonight. Ormiston a ground I had never hitherto been to despite me growing up six miles away. East Lothian was a different world then.

Missed all the biblical rain and thunder, even had a nice wee blot of late summer's evening sunshine.

Lovely wee ground. IMG_20210727_193944.jpeg

Were you as stupid as me then? The whole journey from Queen St it was warm and sunny. The brakes came on for Camelon station and the heavens opened. It's fucking bouncing and I'm in a hoody and shorts [emoji38]

This better be an immense game of football.
I was precisely as stupid as you, but I got lucky - and I kept my eye on the rain radar right up until I left. Not a drop fell on Moffat during the game I went to, but I had to get off the road for 15 minutes near Bathgate because of heavier rain than I've ever seen in Scotland.

Upper Annandale 1-1 Lochar Thistle, very basic ground but not a bad place to watch some football on a warm evening. The early stages of the match were very congested and every second touch was a tackle. But it improved as it went on and you got to see some of the talent on both sides. Lochar equalised from a penalty that looked very dubious to me, though 1-1 was a fair result.IMG_20210727_201253301.jpegIMG_20210727_201223830.jpeg

First game of 2021/22 for me tonight. Pre-season friendly, but as my last game was Scotland Vs Croatia and I put that into my 2020/21 stats, this seems like a good line in the sand to start afresh....

Warrington Town 0-2 Accrington Stanley

A surprisingly good showing for the Northern Premier League home side against League 1 opposition. After conceding two in the opening 15 minutes, they turned things around and were unlucky not to get something out of the game. Apparently lost narrowly to L2 Tranmere 0-1 at the weekend past also, so might be one to keep an eye on for honours this season in the 7th tier.

PXL_20210727_200947560_MP.thumb.jpg.612f1b070001561b4d7fef3c11e6fbef.jpg

Edited by Christophe

2 hours ago, GroundhopScot said:

East Kilbride 1-1 Caledonian Braves

I like to write about my games so I can remember everything.

If you want to you can read here

https://groundhopscot.wordpress.com/2021/07/28/club-4-280-east-kilbride-fc/

Photo 27-07-2021, 20 46 01.jpg

Was that lad in the electric chair in your shot 'effing and blinding' all game? Remember going to a game there a couple of years ago and there was one lad who fit that description with another lad with a drum, singing EK songs and berating opposition players all game.

Not any different to young teams at any ground granted, but the fact there was just the two of them and no-one else in the ground was really making a noise made the "fucking" and "cunting" really stand out. Great effort from the young  lads! 

Edited by Christophe

1 hour ago, Christophe said:

Was that lad in the electric chair in your shot 'effing and blinding' all game? Remember going to a game there a couple of years ago and there was one lad who fit that description with another lad with a drum, singing EK songs and berating opposition players all game.

Not any different to young teams at any ground granted, but the fact there was just the two of them and no-one else in the ground was really making a noise made the "fucking" and "cunting" really stand out. Great effort from the young  lads! 

Yeah, that'll be him! 

He was giving the players pelters. Loved his passion although not sure the poor EK right back did! Let out a massive frustrated scream at the final whistle too. No actual word - just a big noise
No drumkit yesterday though. 

Lothian Thistle Hutchinson Vale 1-3 Dunbar United. 2nd goal from Dunbar was a great strike. Save from Dunbar keeper in first half was a cracking one. Lothian had loads of the ball but just could not score. 

01A7151B-439B-4C1B-B72B-9DEBD945EB36.jpeg

F09BFB1A-857A-4500-B57D-89D694BB196B.jpeg

Edited by Jute