Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

2 hours ago, Marten said:

Another game in the Forth and Endrick League for me tonight. A lovely drive to Gartocharn for Gartocharn 5-2 Gargunnock. 

I keep noticing your posts about the Forth & Endrick League in the 'Recent Posts' section, and they've reminded me of when my Great Uncle would take me along to see Aberfoyle Rob Roy thirty years ago. I remember seeing them play out a cracking 5-4 game in Gartmore, and I was wondering if you've any idea why they seem to have jacked it in? The Forth & Endrick wiki page seems to have Gartmore FC dropping out of the league in 1995.

Admittedly, there probably wasn't a massive player base to choose from in Gartmore  :lol:

6 hours ago, BFTD said:

I keep noticing your posts about the Forth & Endrick League in the 'Recent Posts' section, and they've reminded me of when my Great Uncle would take me along to see Aberfoyle Rob Roy thirty years ago. I remember seeing them play out a cracking 5-4 game in Gartmore, and I was wondering if you've any idea why they seem to have jacked it in? The Forth & Endrick wiki page seems to have Gartmore FC dropping out of the league in 1995.

Admittedly, there probably wasn't a massive player base to choose from in Gartmore  :lol:

I don't know that much about the league other than some of the current teams tbh, so I can't answer that, sorry.

In the fall-out after the LL colt team saga I said I would go to at least one game between 2 "good guys" (who voted against the awful plan to allow these teams in the LL). As you have to put your money where your mouth is, I had a day out in Edinburgh and went to Christie Gillies Park for Civil Service Strollers 3-2 Bonnyrigg Rose. Good game and a surprising result, CSS were strong and deserved it. IMG_20210724_144536.jpgIMG_20210724_151917.jpgIMG_20210724_152810.jpgIMG_20210724_160907.jpg

Myself and a couple of Edinburgh City reprobates also supported a couple of the good guys:

IMG_20210724_151410456_HDR.thumb.jpg.f12bfec42ae5da863eb2cbeae49a7a77.jpg

Bo'ness United 1 Dalbeattie Star 2.

This wasn't a shock result. Star could actually have had more and missed a penalty and Bo'ness's goal only came from a goalkeeper fluff. Star have a couple of good players and a couple of home fans told me Bo'ness are in transition.

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Myself and a couple of Edinburgh City reprobates also supported a couple of the good guys:

IMG_20210724_151410456_HDR.thumb.jpg.f12bfec42ae5da863eb2cbeae49a7a77.jpg

Bo'ness United 1 Dalbeattie Star 2.

This wasn't a shock result. Star could actually have had more and missed a penalty and Bo'ness's goal only came from a goalkeeper fluff. Star have a couple of good players and a couple of home fans told me Bo'ness are in transition.

We are very in transition…😐

On 23/07/2021 at 23:05, Marten said:

Another game in the Forth and Endrick League for me tonight. A lovely drive to Gartocharn for Gartocharn 5-2 Gargunnock. IMG_20210723_195527.jpgIMG_20210723_193234.jpgIMG_20210723_193527.jpgIMG_20210723_205752.jpg

Seen some belting games with Garto this season. They're my "local" team in the Forth and Endrick. Great to see their pitch looking so good after it spent so long out of commission. 

On 24/07/2021 at 01:23, BFTD said:

Kippen threw in the towel a few years back because they couldn't find the numbers to sustain a team, I assume Gartmore had a similar problem. The team make ups are as wide as at any league in football, some boys still in school mixing with guys well into their forties. It's a very entertaining league and a really good way to spend a Friday evening in the summer.

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Kippen threw in the towel a few years back because they couldn't find the numbers to sustain a team, I assume Gartmore had a similar problem. The team make ups are as wide as at any league in football, some boys still in school mixing with guys well into their forties. It's a very entertaining league and a really good way to spend a Friday evening in the summer.

Aye, I figured it'd probably be as simple as that. Pity. We spent a lot of time over that way when I was wee.

On 24/07/2021 at 17:24, Marten said:

In the fall-out after the LL colt team saga I said I would go to at least one game between 2 "good guys" (who voted against the awful plan to allow these teams in the LL). As you have to put your money where your mouth is, I had a day out in Edinburgh and went to Christie Gillies Park for Civil Service Strollers 3-2 Bonnyrigg Rose. Good game and a surprising result, CSS were strong and deserved it. IMG_20210724_151917.jpg

A plague of locusts for those that stand in front of the seated enclosure, ruining the view of those sitting down. That happened at the two games I saw there too.

Cambuslang U20's vs Ardeer U20's

Decent game. Thought the ref was a bit of a homer the first half. Every 50/50 decision seemed to go Cambuslang's way and he missed the most stonewall penalty you're ever likely to see. The CR boy lunged in and cleaned the boy out. He could have easily been sent off but the ref never even saw it as a foul.

1-1 at HT was fair and I thought Ardeer looked on the front foot. At HT the CR manager told the team to get into the changing rooms.

2nd half and he must have went completely through them. It was a combination of a different CR side and appalling goalkeeping by the Ardeer sub 'keeper. The poor boy had a mare and was responsible for about 5 goals. The manager clearly spared the boys blushes a bit and subbed him after the CR onslaught had calmed down a bit.

7-1 in the end and a decent night's entertainment for £2.

Camelon tomorrow.

IMG_20210726_201825_953.jpgIMG_20210726_205933_077.jpgIMG_20210726_205936_337.jpg

29 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Any decent games in the Glasgow / Lanarkshire area tonight ?

West of Scotland League seems to stick almost exclusively to Wednesdays when it comes to midweek cards.

EK v Caledonian Braves in LL. Otherwise you're talking Dunipace, Camelon or various West Lothian games in EOSL.

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

Any decent games in the Glasgow / Lanarkshire area tonight ?

42 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

West of Scotland League seems to stick almost exclusively to Wednesdays when it comes to midweek cards.

EK v Caledonian Braves in LL. Otherwise you're talking Dunipace, Camelon or various West Lothian games in EOSL.

Don't Caley Braves SOS play their home games at Strathclyde Park? They're at home to Creetown tonight.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Don't Caley Braves SOS play their home games at Strathclyde Park? They're at home to Creetown tonight.

He did say any "decent" game: they began a week past Saturday by losing 13-0 😎.

I'd also doublecheck fans are being admitted - no mention on social media.

Lots of good games tonight - do we risk the amber thunderstorm warning?
905783037_Screenshot2021-07-27at12_56_11.thumb.png.f06aff5ba8f565d29f4b1bc1e536558f.png
Were you as stupid as me then? The whole journey from Queen St it was warm and sunny. The brakes came on for Camelon station and the heavens opened. It's fucking bouncing and I'm in a hoody and shorts [emoji38]

This better be an immense game of football.