Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

9 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Hebburn Town 5 Newcastle Benfield 2.

Decent game and cracking facilities for £6.

Hebburn centre forward scoring for fun has just went on a 4 week trial with Newcastle Utd. 

20201024_153925.jpg

20201024_221725.jpg

Is that a new club house, when I was there I was in one a bit more basic than that?

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye sports and social club maybes 4 or 5 year old. Cheap drinks wi table service. 

They've drawn North Shields in the Vase. 

I didn't think it was that long ago I was there, time flies.

That should be a good game. North Shields seem to have improved a bit and best them recently in the league.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

I didn't think it was that long ago I was there, time flies.

That should be a good game. North Shields seem to have improved a bit and best them recently in the league.

Had a decent view from the balcony.

Who knows when it'll get played now wi this new lockdown announced Thursday.

Its madness South Shields can participate in the FA Cup and if they get through wont have a game till the next round as theyve cancelled it all from the national league down. 

• 3 weeks later...

Was fortunate to take in a few games down South. Kendal Town, Whitley Bay, Workington, FCUM and Corinthian Casuals. All cracking clubs that are very welcoming. No chance of travelling now though. Have been taking in games in Scotland, watching through fences and so forth. Plenty of scope in the juniors and EoSL league for doing this. I’d rather be doing this as watching games on tv or screening. A few clubs that are watchable are Rosyth, Livingston Utd, Fauldhouse, Caledonian Braves and Blackburn.

16 hours ago, yogisbairns said:

Was fortunate to take in a few games down South. Kendal Town, Whitley Bay, Workington, FCUM and Corinthian Casuals. All cracking clubs that are very welcoming. No chance of travelling now though. Have been taking in games in Scotland, watching through fences and so forth. Plenty of scope in the juniors and EoSL league for doing this. I’d rather be doing this as watching games on tv or screening. A few clubs that are watchable are Rosyth, Livingston Utd, Fauldhouse, Caledonian Braves and Blackburn.

Are you just ignoring the restrictions then?

Are you just ignoring the restrictions then?

The games down South were all done before restrictions in England. The juniors games in Scotland were all through/over fences, and last Saturdays Blackburn game was within my area. By the letter of the law, I shouldn’t be watching games over a fence, but other than that, I think I’m ok. Just trying to find games in West Lothian at the moment. Given that nearly all the juniors that are left are in this area, I should be fine. That said, all the games were called off due to water logged pitches last weekend. Strangely enough, the Harthill ground actually falls into West Lothian, as it’s in Greenrigg, and not Harthill.

The games down South were all done before restrictions in England. The juniors games in Scotland were all through/over fences, and last Saturdays Blackburn game was within my area. By the letter of the law, I shouldn’t be watching games over a fence, but other than that, I think I’m ok. Just trying to find games in West Lothian at the moment. Given that nearly all the juniors that are left are in this area, I should be fine. That said, all the games were called off due to water logged pitches last weekend. Strangely enough, the Harthill ground actually falls into West Lothian, as it’s in Greenrigg, and not Harthill.

Edited to add, their are a few people watching games over fences. The clubs and officials (to my knowledge) don’t seem to be bothered, and I always ask in advance if they’re ok with me doing so. I even made a contribution to one of the clubs to cover the ref for one of the games. One club even let me come inside the ground, as long as I was discreet and stood well out of the way of everyone.
The game at this level is going to be killed off if they don’t let fans back in, in some form. Having been down to England, their system works fine with larger crowds than we get up here. No one will convince me that their is a problem social distancing in lower league footy up here. As opposed to looking at the problem from Celtic & Rangers, downwards, they should be looking at the problem upwards from junior level.

6 hours ago, yogisbairns said:

I was at 3 per-lockdown in England as well, but I thought clubs and leagues had asked people not to go near grounds as it might reflect poorly on the clubs.

Been to 2 games all season in England.

Most clubs are giving 6 tickets out to other clubs for various reasons. Basically 3 are guaranteed to "next opposition" Clubs and then the other 3 are picked on a whoever they feel like inviting basis. I get tickets through my work or more likely I don't get tickets at the moment!

Edited by dumpweed

I was at 3 per-lockdown in England as well, but I thought clubs and leagues had asked people not to go near grounds as it might reflect poorly on the clubs.

I’ve always asked someone from the club if they’ve any objection to me watching over/through a fence. They’ve all said they’ve no problem, and just be discreet. That and just giving yourself some room. I counted about 25 watching over a fence at Musselburgh recently.

12 minutes ago, yogisbairns said:

I’ve always asked someone from the club if they’ve any objection to me watching over/through a fence. They’ve all said they’ve no problem, and just be discreet. That and just giving yourself some room. I counted about 25 watching over a fence at Musselburgh recently.

Were all 25 being discreet?
Judging from match pictures and films some clubs do appear to have had an astronomical increase in the numbers on their committees. For years they were crying out for people to help, but now public spiritedness seems to have returned thanks to a global pandemic. How heartwarming. Will they all remain involved once the vaccinations are complete?

Were all 25 being discreet?

Judging from match pictures and films some clubs do appear to have had an astronomical increase in the numbers on their committees. For years they were crying out for people to help, but now public spiritedness seems to have returned thanks to a global pandemic. How heartwarming. Will they all remain involved once the vaccinations are complete?

To be honest, not everyone is being discreet. Think this is the reason the WoSL has tweeted recently that fans have been getting into grounds (via committee’s etc), and it’s not on. You’re spot on about “will fans show the same level of appreciation when the vaccine is rolled out”. I hope so, but you never know. It’s a crying shame that the lower leagues have been totally overlooked at the moment. All the talk is only of the SPFL. It’s as if the lower leagues didn’t exist. You guys will know as well as me that their is no problem letting fans in at all, at that level. It’s been a golden opportunity lost, to let footy fans from the SPFL see what else is out there. As it is, the game at this level is dying on its feet at the moment, and it’s only good will that’s keeping the game alive. I managed another game today from outside(with the help of my ladders). I do feel guilty that I’m watching a game free of charge, and have made a couple of donations to clubs.

On 05/12/2020 at 20:36, yogisbairns said:

To be honest, not everyone is being discreet. Think this is the reason the WoSL has tweeted recently that fans have been getting into grounds (via committee’s etc), and it’s not on. You’re spot on about “will fans show the same level of appreciation when the vaccine is rolled out”. I hope so, but you never know. It’s a crying shame that the lower leagues have been totally overlooked at the moment. All the talk is only of the SPFL. It’s as if the lower leagues didn’t exist. You guys will know as well as me that their is no problem letting fans in at all, at that level. It’s been a golden opportunity lost, to let footy fans from the SPFL see what else is out there. As it is, the game at this level is dying on its feet at the moment, and it’s only good will that’s keeping the game alive. I managed another game today from outside(with the help of my ladders). I do feel guilty that I’m watching a game free of charge, and have made a couple of donations to clubs.

Nobody forced the Scottish non-leagues to start a brand new season in the middle of a pandemic and restrictions on all sorts of everyday events, of which going to a game is not even remotely top of the priority list.