Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Going to Copenhagen this weekend, so will be taking in a few games.

Tomorrow I'll be going to FC Roskilde v Kolding IF, which got moved from Roskilde's ground with a 6pm kickoff to a 3pm kickoff at a ground in Copenhagen, very strange. Saturday I'll be going to Hellerup IK v Frem and then Sunday I'll be taking a trip to Malmo v Eskilstuna.

Upper Annandale 1-3 East Fife in the Lowland Development League at New Tinto Park last night. Good competitive game, a late third from the Fifers sealed the win.
20200306_200138.thumb.jpg.c19ddb894e8fc52786f4360396efb4a0.jpg
Development League or not, what's the point in this being played in Glasgow?

12 hours ago, H Wragg said:
On 07/03/2020 at 10:23, Craig the Hunter said:
Upper Annandale 1-3 East Fife in the Lowland Development League at New Tinto Park last night. Good competitive game, a late third from the Fifers sealed the win.
20200306_200138.thumb.jpg.c19ddb894e8fc52786f4360396efb4a0.jpg

Development League or not, what's the point in this being played in Glasgow?

The Upper Annandale under 20s team are Glasgow based. I'm not really sure on the reasoning behind it.

do leith athletic and Edinburgh uni play on the same pitch or is it same facility,different pitches?
Adjacent pitches. Edinburgh University play on the grass stadium pitch at the bottom of this photo, Leith play at the fake plastic pitch further up the complex, just adjacent to the hockey pitches.

The Uni ground has became one of my favourite grounds to visit. Where else can you watch a game beside a biscuit factory, a train line and a volcano? Lovely home baking too!Screenshot_20200308_141153_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpeg

Rayo Vallecano v Elche in the Spanish Segunda Division.

If you find yourself in Madrid and Vallecano are at home then I’d definitely recommend checking them out - it’s dead easy to get to from the city centre. I really enjoyed my visit today. Their ground is quite old school, and has probably seen better days, but the lack of polish appeals to me with these things. It all felt like an authentic football experience.

The game was a good one too. Vallecano easily the better team in the first half And went in 1-0 after a penalty for handball, but Elche were like a different team after the break: fast, counter attacking football that Vallecano struggled to deal with, and crosses that caused havoc whenever they swung in.

Finished 2-3 to Elche. Absolute howler from the Vallecano goalie for #2. Vallecano had (a bit harshly) a guy sent off for a trip at 1-1 (that’s the aftermath in the picture), and there were a couple of good ‘handbags’ instances - about half the players involved in one just before half time.

And it’s lovely and sunny here. Around 20 degrees. Feels a long way from the Glasgow I left yesterday morning.

A great way to spend a Sunday lunchtime.

3AA3D0D5-1A0E-4A2C-8993-9CBE0FE6B282.jpeg

Edited by Adamski

11 hours ago, WhiteCollarClyde said:

Perhaps not the most exciting but heading to Blackpool v Sunderland on Saturday afternoon.

First time heading to Bloomfield Rd and first time in Blackpool for years.

Looking forward to it. Any recent experiences of the place and/or decent pre match pubs?

Stay away from Yates at the seafront. This is good advice at the best of times, however there is a ticket-only event on for Sunderland fans featuring some 'entertainer' called Wee Phillie, whom Sunderland fans largely agree is an absolute danger to society. Take a look at this photo and judge for yourself..

Image result for wee phillie

2 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

The coupon-buster to end all coupon-busters if that score stays the same!

It did :( 

Now I'm back at work. Only three hours to go though.

Bradford well worth the win. Fair to say Lynn were poor. Probably the worst I've seen them play. So two points off the top with three games in hand now. 

Back again on Saturday though :shutup Kings Lynn Town v Guiseley.  I'm looking forward to it. 

Carlisle United 2-0 Newport tonight. Carlisle better team and could easily have won by more. Newport not helped by Ryan Inninss proving him being shite at Dundee was not an aberration and getting a stupid red card. A whole 49 away fans there. 

573FFF3D-E4B6-41D0-9107-C880ABFCC1DB.jpeg