Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

next weekend, LKS Lodz-Wisla Plock on the Saturday then Jagiellonia Bialystock-Korona Kielce on the sunday; being stuck indoors on a horrible sunday meant I got bored and stupidly went and booked flights to warsaw

in a fortnight, Venezia-Cosenza, forli-someone, cesena-rimini(a local derby,may be tasty) and reggio audace-vicenza(another derby,i think)

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 17:10, Sergeant Wilson said:

Newport County 0 Walsall 0, last night. Interesting stadium and sports complex, decent crowd of 3049. Newport is a midden though, except for Tiny Rebel brewery pub. Town centre is full of people living in tents.

20200211_194526.jpg

20200211_204423.jpg

Had to get a connection in Newport when I went to Chepstow in middle of a Scotland Wales/Scotland Belgium double header and we stopped off there to get train to London.

Absolute toilet of a place.

On 14/02/2020 at 08:40, Trackdaybob said:

E-ticket bought, I'm off to The Walks tomorrow.

Kings Lynn Town v Bradford PA in the National League North :) 

Hopefully back to winning ways. 

Game off :(

obviously not random from my perspective, but in the interests of keeping the euro-grounds pics in one place:

Udinese v Hellas Verona - Dacia Arena (ex Stadio Comunali Friuli, known as 'the Cosmo')

Here's the old place to show how far redevelopment has brought it on:

udinold04.thumb.jpg.4a7455355ee97483e1d49fb8edd789ab.jpg

udineold02.thumb.jpg.3ff20a7bb4a515b595da643a19946d62.jpg

udineold01.thumb.jpg.9be939f7ecadccc7fc48b17a37b83b51.jpg

the 'new' curved stand was built in the early 80's and is now by far the oldest part of the current stadium: 

IMG_4345.JPG.7686c30a9468fc4df67ff4b2b04caec1.JPG

IMG_4340.thumb.JPG.0a66255c2eec40735baf82679032bd52.JPG

IMG_4339.JPG.d98757d11066312f85401564f00cafea.JPG

good example of how grounds *should* be modernised - access is great, loads of parking, close to the pitch with a virtually overhanging roof that makes for a fantastic atmosphere; didn't see anything of Udine itself, though, and the emphasis on road connectivity make it very non-rail travel friendly (over three miles to the city centre station, so quite a trot); It looks rather formulaic, like Southampton or Leicester with three uniform sides, but the 'old' stand and the fact it's on the original site make it more 'proper' if that makes the slightest vestige of sense - good place - enjoyed it !

Edited by Herman Hessian

obviously not random from my perspective, but in the interests of keeping the euro-grounds pics in one place:
Udinese v Hellas Verona - Dacia Arena (ex Stadio Comunali Friuli, known as 'the Cosmo')
Here's the old place to show how far redevelopment has brought it on:
udinold04.thumb.jpg.4a7455355ee97483e1d49fb8edd789ab.jpg

udineold02.thumb.jpg.3ff20a7bb4a515b595da643a19946d62.jpg
udineold01.thumb.jpg.9be939f7ecadccc7fc48b17a37b83b51.jpg
the 'new' curved stand was built in the early 80's and is now by far the oldest part of the current stadium: 
IMG_4345.JPG.7686c30a9468fc4df67ff4b2b04caec1.JPG
IMG_4340.thumb.JPG.0a66255c2eec40735baf82679032bd52.JPG
IMG_4339.JPG.d98757d11066312f85401564f00cafea.JPG
good example of how grounds *should* be modernised - access is great, loads of parking, close to the pitch with a virtually overhanging roof that makes for a fantastic atmosphere; didn't see anything of Udine itself, though, and the emphasis on road connectivity make it very non-rail travel friendly (over three miles to the city centre station, so quite a trot); It looks rather formulaic, like Southampton or Leicester with three uniform sides, but the 'old' stand and the fact it's on the original site make it more 'proper' if that makes the slightest vestige of sense - good place - enjoyed it !

Aye, it's practically impossible to get to with public transport due to the number of buses from the stadium to the city. Pordenone fans aren't able to get to the majority of their home games using public transport. Nice stadium though.

I was going to toddle through to Cittadella on Saturday as work commitments finally made it plausible but now I've a friend visiting so may have to give it a miss.

On 06/01/2020 at 16:59, Slacker said:

Flying out to Valencia in February so, all going well, I'll be going to Levante vs. Real Madrid. Just need to keep my eye on their website for when they start selling tickets and hope it doesn't sell out too quickly.

Will be my second taste of La Liga, after seeing Valencia thump Villarreal 5-0 back in 2011. 

Anyone been to Levante's ground?

Levante 1-0 Real Madrid. Benzema and Hazard missed a few great chances.

B0ABC0F4-FEEE-43E1-A781-28A0BA30FF07.jpeg

this is interesting (sic) - free lift and a ticket  (not free) for Brighton v Crystal Palace tomorrow; will be my first top flight English game for about twenty five years; already done the Amex for a championship game v Rovers (first game when it opened, so another sell out) but might be amusing to get a feel for the whole 'M23 derby' thing;

experience dictates that Palace fans are c***s, so will definitely be supporting Brighton - hoping for much venom, seethe and riotous disorder from all concerned; 

On 28/02/2020 at 14:03, Herman Hessian said:

this is interesting (sic) - free lift and a ticket  (not free) for Brighton v Crystal Palace tomorrow; will be my first top flight English game for about twenty five years; already done the Amex for a championship game v Rovers (first game when it opened, so another sell out) but might be amusing to get a feel for the whole 'M23 derby' thing;

experience dictates that Palace fans are c***s, so will definitely be supporting Brighton - hoping for much venom, seethe and riotous disorder from all concerned; 

deary me - don't believe the hype, that's all I can say after this early afternoon bore-fest; the football was fairly poor - maybe mitigated by very strong winds - but the much vaunted atmosphere was absolutely non-existent (as was my phone which i left at home, hence no pics); palace fans made a bit of a row and let off a smoke bomb after they scored (wooooh !) but no more so than any other visiting fans at any other run of the mill league game; home fans were piss poor to be point of being embarrassing; no venom at all, very little seethe, minimal riotous disorder (some hoardings outside the ground got manhandled by palace fans, a bit) but there wasn't a hint of menace from either set of fans - there was more angst with drivers vying to get out of the car park after the match; absolutely no way this deserves a place at the top table in any sort of sensible list of the most intense local rivalries

nice ground; very good access - exceptional, in fact, but shit football and the fans were just slightly wanky bystanders who failed to get properly invested in proceedings from either perspective - lamentable, uninteresting fare on and off the pitch - boooo !