Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

You ever go to Palace games? There’s a few Palace fans from work who have suggested it but I’ve not got round to it yet.

I have only been once for the League Cup game v Colchester this year. The fans seemed like a good bunch, no obvious p***ks despite getting papped out by a League Two side. For the League Cup it was only £10 in and you could buy tickets on the night. I imagine the atmosphere is better for a Premier League game - you can actually hear the fans from my house despite being 1.5 miles away, since Palace don't actually play in CP any more.

Sadly missing Hearts vs Rangers on Sunday so looking to get my football fix. A few Lowland and EoS games on around Edinburgh tomorrow but thinking between Spartans or Craigroyston for logistical reasons. 

Haven't ever seen Craigy play so leaning towards that.

Feel totally lost tomorrow. Daughter doesn't want to stay the night, girlfriend on a night out so I've the day to myself but it's the weekend before payday so i've barely a nugget to rub together.

On 21/01/2020 at 21:45, Sergeant Wilson said:

Most of the Dulwich supporters will have leaning towards a big team, but as you say they are regulars there for a variety of reasons. I've always enjoyed it and just avoided the weird beards. The Cherry Tree opposite is a decent pub, but given the drink choices in the park you could just go straight there.

Yeah, I was in the Cherry Tree before the match last week, nice pub. Bit of a different pre-match experience from the Pittodrie Bar!

In London next weekend.

Going to Spurs v Man City on the Sunday.

Looking to take in some non-league football on the Saturday. Options within reasonable range of my mate's place (Putney) look like:-

Hampton and Richmond (10th) v Hungerford (bottom of the league)  in National League South or Carshalton Athletic (4th) v  Worthing (top of the league) in Isthmian League Premier.

I suspect we'll decide based on choice of a good pub nearby for lunch. 

Edit to add any thoughts re best/other options welcome. Also considering Dulwich Hamlet but one of our group already been there this season so more likely looking elsewhere.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Went to Anderlecht against Charleroi in December and wrote about it (and aspects of Belgian football more generally) in my football travel blog.

If you're interested, the link is here: https://alasdairmaddensroadtonowhere.com/2020/01/27/visiting-vincent-rsc-anderlecht-v-charleroi-8-december-2019/.

Thoughts appreciated as always. I've also started a Twitter account for my football travel blog: @RTNFootball (https://twitter.com/RTNFootball). Feel free to give us a follow for some of the more interesting stories from across the continent. Will follow back too! Only started the account recently and we do it in our free time, so any support would be appreciated. 

Cheers.

IMG_8604.jpeg

Went to Anderlecht against Charleroi in December and wrote about it (and aspects of Belgian football more generally) in my football travel blog.
If you're interested, the link is here: https://alasdairmaddensroadtonowhere.com/2020/01/27/visiting-vincent-rsc-anderlecht-v-charleroi-8-december-2019/.
Thoughts appreciated as always. I've also started a Twitter account for my football travel blog: @RTNFootball (https://twitter.com/RTNFootball). Feel free to give us a follow for some of the more interesting stories from across the continent. Will follow back too! Only started the account recently and we do it in our free time, so any support would be appreciated. 
Cheers.

IMG_8604.thumb.jpeg.2226344ac005769246a41fee7b6f0b57.jpeg

Followed [emoji108]

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Followed emoji108.png

Cheers, appreciate that!

We do a podcast as well (Road to Nowhere European Football Podcast) which you can find on Spotify. We posted our first ever episode this week. A work in progress and we'll definitely make changes as we go along (shorter running time, more stats etc) but overall the feedback so far has been really positive. Feel free to follow/ have a listen!