Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

On 11/01/2020 at 10:39, Craig the Hunter said:

Upper Annandale 3-7 Stirling University in the Lowland Development League Knockout Cup last night. Uppers were 2-1 up at halftime and looking like the better side, but the students were absolutely ruthless in the second half.20200110_200354-1612x784.jpeg

Was going to go to this but the weather was just too horrific

Went to Sunnybank vs Buchanhaven Hearts on Saturday, was 5-0 the home side. Poor Crowd of about 27. All the goals came from terrible defensive mistakes.

It's a weird ground, in that you've got a wee bit of cover, you get your Tea in a porcelain mug and have to walk through what looks like Craiglang to get to it. Nice wee club though.

82440773_859665931134513_1016541943473111040_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=n_Xtsfzi_lEAX9edSo_&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&_nc_tp=1002&oh=2839d82ae1edfefb61513ae4ce097182&oe=5E20E97A 81988039_1255858407940529_6860469055673860096_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=RySC-lEghNcAX8Yl-fp&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&_nc_tp=1002&oh=b00f690f2a8080a813b3a4158e383a59&oe=5E2029B782118042_584902572345975_960208598367993856_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=AG_hzE5-d5cAX_edlSr&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&_nc_tp=1002&oh=5e66a43111a24674c721eb922c9841ca&oe=5E202BD282001468_586875902103506_5796329365503475712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=C5x0-hKuI9kAX-ckQEd&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&_nc_tp=1002&oh=dc0601665083d2c3d33eddbf1b81b6f9&oe=5E20213B

Just bought my ticket online for the Vanarama National League North 1st v 2nd at The Walks tomorrow. 

Kings Lynn Town v York City. 

Looking forward to it. A point separates them but Lynn do have 2 games in hand. 

Heading to Edinburgh United v Burntisland Shipyard in East of Scotland league today. 

ETA: Finished 3-3 and draw was probably right result. Both teams played some decent football at times. Shippy ultras made plenty of noise. Lost count of the number of yellow cards (at least 9) and there was also a red card after the final whistle for Burntisland number 5 for scuffle as players walked off. Others from both teams could easily have joined him.

1270B3A4-E37A-4DA3-9E9A-F801AC8E744A.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Jute

Was at Dulwich Hamlet vs Chippenham yesterday at Champion Hill (National League South). Finished 1-1 with a last minute equaliser for Dulwich after a fairly dreadful first half but entertaining enough second. 

Great day for it with a crowd of 2900, of whom I’d estimate less than a 1000 were regulars. Former Aberdeen legend Jeffrey Monakana and ex-Well player Lionel Ainsworth were playing for Dulwich, with Ainsworth the best player on the park though noticeably slower than he used to be. Highlight of the match is getting to drink beers pitchside! 

Good day out and I’d recommend to anyone in London who’s after a game and not too fussed about the standard of football.

D0EB45EB-7C29-4C89-96CE-74E3F993D7D3.jpeg

43F4B963-9F9C-4CB0-A3FD-743A17475C11.jpeg

7759B74B-41B7-42E9-81F5-F9AE7712CBCF.jpeg

Enjoyed Auckland City v Hawke's Bay United at Kiwitea Street yesterday. Ended 4-2 to Auckland City. Didn't know who to support as I'm visiting the Mrs's family in Auckland so it's technically my "home" team in NZ but I did win the Oceanic Champions League with Hawke's Bay in Football Manager. In the end I decided not to care.

Not the highest standard, probably same level as the better part time teams in Scotland but both teams made efforts to play good football. Ball stayed on the deck and Auckland played with the confidence of a team that knows they're a step above their opponents but Hawke's Bay kept their chances to a minimum. For all ACFC looked more likely to score they never forced the Hawke's Bay keeper into a save then HBUFC took a shock lead from a corner. Their big centre back, number 20, who had done a great job of marshalling the defence heading in. Two minutes later he flapped at a ball over the top of him and made a ridiculous pass back to the keeper, who was rushing out, who had to dive to save the ball. ACFC then got a penalty for handball from the resulting indirect free kick that was awarded. Then, two minutes later, Auckland made it 2-1 from a corner themselves and were swarming over the Hawke's Bay goal in the last five minutes of the half.

Then I was having a pint in the clubhouse so missed Hawke's Bay's equaliser. After that Hawke's Bay managed to hit the far post from an inswining corner that was hit with the outside of the boot and would have been the best thing I've ever seen at the football if it had came off but lost a sloppy goal only to concede a 4th as they chased an equaliser at the death. Surprisingly good game of football. Sounded like over half the crowd were European ex-pats. About 800 folk all in I guess. Good day out. Far more enjoyable than last season when I saw Wellington Pheonix at Eden Park. Kiwitea Street is a great wee ground, weather was amazing, beer was a decent price. 

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

On 19/01/2020 at 13:59, AngusTheBull said:

Great day for it with a crowd of 2900, of whom I’d estimate less than a 1000 were regulars.

Their average attendance is 2200 (in a league where the average away crowd is about 100), so probably more than 1000 there on Saturday were regulars. 

Unless you're describing the actual people themselves, in which case definitely not "regular".

I went to Bristol City vs Barnsley at the weekend.

Good enough game, where 2-2 probably would have been a fair scoreline, but in the end a 1-0 win for the play-off chasing home side vs the relegation threatened visitors, with a late goal.

Bristol City, along with Gent, has been mentioned as the 'template' stadium for AFC's new place.  Very tidy ground, with plenty pre-match entertainment outside - food, bevvy stalls and live music - and pristine concourses inside.  Most atmosphere was generated by a pocket of around 1,000 or so younger lads in one of the corner areas of the stand.

Bristol is a big place, and City are by far the bigger club of the two there - but they seem to constantly punch below their weight. I have childhood memories  of them in the top flight due to Match of the Day and Panini stickers of the likes of Gerry Gow - and don't believe they've been back there in almost 40 years.

They don't look good enough to go up, based on Saturday's evidence - and Barnsley look like a neat and tidy side, who will ultimately probably be relegated, but not without a fight.  

I went to Bristol City vs Barnsley at the weekend.
Good enough game, where 2-2 probably would have been a fair scoreline, but in the end a 1-0 win for the play-off chasing home side vs the relegation threatened visitors, with a late goal.
Bristol City, along with Gent, has been mentioned as the 'template' stadium for AFC's new place.  Very tidy ground, with plenty pre-match entertainment outside - food, bevvy stalls and live music - and pristine concourses inside.  Most atmosphere was generated by a pocket of around 1,000 or so younger lads in one of the corner areas of the stand.
Bristol is a big place, and City are by far the bigger club of the two there - but they seem to constantly punch below their weight. I have childhood memories  of them in the top flight due to Match of the Day and Panini stickers of the likes of Gerry Gow - and don't believe they've been back there in almost 40 years.
They don't look good enough to go up, based on Saturday's evidence - and Barnsley look like a neat and tidy side, who will ultimately probably be relegated, but not without a fight.  
Ashton Gate is a nice ground since the redevelopment. I was there several years ago before the big stand and the end stand were built and you could see the potential with the old shed behind the goals and the decent sized (but poor legroom wise) stand along the touchline. Sadly I saw a dull as ditchwater 0-0 between City and Reading or some other mid table dross.

8 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Their average attendance is 2200 (in a league where the average away crowd is about 100), so probably more than 1000 there on Saturday were regulars. 

Unless you're describing the actual people themselves, in which case definitely not "regular".

Didn’t realise the average attendance was as high as that admittedly. The crowd definitely had the feeling of a lot of day trippers and girlfriends/wives tagging along to drink outside in the sunshine though.

You definitely wouldn’t describe the Chippenham fans I saw as ‘regular’

11 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Didn’t realise the average attendance was as high as that admittedly. The crowd definitely had the feeling of a lot of day trippers and girlfriends/wives tagging along to drink outside in the sunshine though.

You definitely wouldn’t describe the Chippenham fans I saw as ‘regular’

Yeah that sounds like the Dulwich support!

Nothing against them really though - they have been doing it for years so, in their own weird way, they are loyal supporters.

I live in Crystal Palace, just around the corner from Dulwich. Whereabouts in London are you based/who's your local team?

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

17 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Nothing against them really though - they have been doing it for years so, in their own weird way, they are loyal supporters.

I live in Crystal Palace, just around the corner from Dulwich. Whereabouts in London are you based/who's your local team?

I’m between Clapham and Brixton so Dulwich are actually my closest team. That was the first time I’ve been but would go back anyway. Bit of a different atmosphere from normal.

You ever go to Palace games? There’s a few Palace fans from work who have suggested it but I’ve not got round to it yet.

30 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Most of the Dulwich supporters will have leaning towards a big team, but as you say they are regulars there for a variety of reasons. I've always enjoyed it and just avoided the weird beards. The Cherry Tree opposite is a decent pub, but given the drink choices in the park you could just go straight there.