Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

A few days in London coming up, and thinking about going to a game on the 29th. Fulham v Stoke, Millwall v Brentford, and Wimbledon v Oxford that day. All would be new grounds for me. Millwall would be in walking distance, possibly most intrigued by Wimbledon though. Any recommendations?

7 hours ago, Adamski said:

A few days in London coming up, and thinking about going to a game on the 29th. Fulham v Stoke, Millwall v Brentford, and Wimbledon v Oxford that day. All would be new grounds for me. Millwall would be in walking distance, possibly most intrigued by Wimbledon though. Any recommendations?

Fulham is my favourite away day. Nice surroundings and classic stadium.

Millwall is actually a pretty decent day out if you're on public transport. Loads of pubs at London Bridge which only takes five minutes to get to on the overground.

There isn't a fat lot around Wimbledon's current stadium but if you are the sort of person who likes to tick grounds off then that might be a good choice as they're moving soon so you won't get many more chances (unless you want to attend a Chelsea Ladies game, as they are taking it over).

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Fulham is my favourite away day. Nice surroundings and classic stadium.

Millwall is actually a pretty decent day out if you're on public transport. Loads of pubs at London Bridge which only takes five minutes to get to on the overground.

There isn't a fat lot around Wimbledon's current stadium but if you are the sort of person who likes to tick grounds off then that might be a good choice as they're moving soon so you won't get many more chances (unless you want to attend a Chelsea Ladies game, as they are taking it over).

Cheers for that! Think I’ll aim for Millwall. Easy for me to get to without ducking out of family duties for too long, and sounds like it’ll be good.

Edited by Adamski

On 04/12/2019 at 17:06, Sergeant Wilson said:

The fanzone, with doub!e Decker bus bar.

IMG-20191022-WA0000.jpg

1 hour ago, Adamski said:

Cheers for that! Think I’ll aim for Millwall. Easy for me to get to without ducking out of family duties for too long, and sounds like it’ll be good.

I should be on commission for promoting Millwall.

Been to Fulham a few times and always enjoyed it. Think I’d pick Millwall and Brentford. Two London teams and Brentford playing well at the moment.

Weird one (two) today. Went to Renfrew v Petershill but after half an hour it was abandoned after a mass brawl which started up at the top goals, seemed to cool off, then restarted down in the other half and up against the fence next to the crowd.

Quickly nipped along to Govan for Ants v Maybole second half. 1-1 when I got there. Maybole went 2-1 up then quickly got a disputed pelanty for 3-1. McGrory of Ants was then straight red carded for a bad tackle, tempers got frayed and for a while I thought 'here we go again' 😂. Ended 6-1.

IMG_5759.thumb.jpeg.4292234ca03e9048de32c4a85294caa9.jpeg

IMG_5762.thumb.jpeg.5e34618c46e5955e934e993115173447.jpeg

IMG_5769.thumb.jpeg.75852ac9348ea7bb93f63ccaf29d2316.jpeg

Edited by The Mantis
Pics or GTF

Decided to go to Dundee North End vs Luncarty, was originally planning to go to Downfield vs Broughty Athletic but unfortunately that games was postponed due to Waterlogged Pitch. Nice wee set up at Fairview Park, a stone's throw from Tannadice and Dens. Pie was good but stuck to the foil at the bottom of the packet - messy.

Dundee North End 1-1 Luncarty: the home side dominated the game and really should have been two or three up, however, a late header snagged a draw for Luncarty. I saw Lochee United earlier in the season in the Scottish Cup Prelims, and thought that the quality on show was far inferior today - although that could just be a December Pitch.

Crowd - 100ish.

Image Image

Decided to go to Dundee North End vs Luncarty, was originally planning to go to Downfield vs Broughty Athletic but unfortunately that games was postponed due to Waterlogged Pitch. Nice wee set up at Fairview Park, a stone's throw from Tannadice and Dens. Pie was good but stuck to the foil at the bottom of the packet - messy.

Dundee North End 1-1 Luncarty: the home side dominated the game and really should have been two or three up, however, a late header snagged a draw for Luncarty. I saw Lochee United earlier in the season in the Scottish Cup Prelims, and thought that the quality on show was far inferior today - although that could just be a December Pitch.

Crowd - 100ish.

Has the Dokens ground been renamed as always knew it as North End Park?

Been to Fulham a few times and always enjoyed it. Think I’d pick Millwall and Brentford. Two London teams and Brentford playing well at the moment.

One of the reasons I moved to London in the mid 80s was all the different games you could go to. In those days you could just turn up on the day at most grounds, very few games were all ticket and it was much more affordable even in the top flight.
I remember once going to Millwall v Leeds at 11am then Brentford v Brighton at 3pm the same day over the other side of town.
The only game I didn’t get into was Fulham v Wolves in the old Div 3. All Wolves away games were all ticket due to trouble at Scarborough the previous season. There were only about 4K at that game. Got to the Cottage a few weeks later Vs Preston. A lovely ground but less than 3 thousand there that night.
I ended up following Palace home and away towards the end of 80s having the joys of a 9-0 defeat at Anfield then revenge in the FA Cup at Villa Park 4-3.
I still follow their results but can’t get the same enthusiasm for the overpaid players today. It must be a sign of my age!

off to southern spain in a couple of weeks for 6 nights,hoping to catch some copa del rey and lower league action.i wish the Spanish federation would announce fixtures more than a couple of weeks in advance,still no dates or times for segunda B and lower,they make the sfa look efficient

Edited by highlandcowden

Which did you go to?

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Which did you go to?

I went to Millwall. It was a grand afternoon for a game - crisp and sunny. And the London derby and the timing of the game between Christmas as New Year brought out a decent (~16,000) noisy crowd. The Den is an authentic football experience: friendly mixed in with a bit rough around the edges with a hint that bother could be found if you went looking for it. But maybe I’d just read into the reputation a bit too much. But much more my kind of place for a football day out than some of the Premier League options close by.

Millwall won 1-0. A goal chalked off for offside in the first few minutes, then the one that counted not long after. Brentford keeper came off his line and made a bit of an arse of it. Millwall slightly more impressive overall, although Brentford had (and missed) the better clear-cut chances.

And a braw sunset towards the end of the game.

91E4296D-D0A6-49C9-B83D-54A1A5699430.jpeg

6 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

off to southern spain in a couple of weeks for 6 nights,hoping to catch some copa del rey and lower league action.i wish the Spanish federation would announce fixtures more than a couple of weeks in advance,still no dates or times for segunda B and lower,they make the sfa look efficient

Livi are playing Anderlecht in southern Spain, don't know where but it might be worth a check.