Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Did Adam Marriot score again?

Yes he did. 

He's a goal machine. 21 so far this season I think. 

He's great to watch, a very clever player. 

Millwall 2-2 Nottingham Forest

Thanks to the above posters for their advice, I'm so ****ing glad I came here! We arrived in London around 2.30pm and found a nice boozer next to King's Cross for a couple of hours. My mate and his wife were going down for the weekend too so we sort of tagged along with each other, and instead of my girlfriend coming, my mate came instead. Win win. Once we'd checked into the hotels, we took the walk from mine in Shoreditch, down to London Bridge. At this point we didn't have a lot of time for stopping as I wanted to get to The Den fairly early and sample the atmosphere.

We ditched the ball and chains at London Bridge station around 6.45 and headed for the short train journey to South Bermondsey. From there a short walk up to The Den where we got our tickets. Asked the girl behind the counter to pick our seats for us, telling her I like a bit of an atmosphere. She stuck us slap bang in the middle of the Dockers Stand, a fine recommendation indeed. Got in the ground sharp and had 2 pints before the game started, and another at half time. Ground wasn't all that busy, but a good atmosphere nonetheless, and those Millwall boys are a very passionate bunch!

Game itself was pretty decent. Millwall I felt were the better team and really ought to have killed the game off earlier but allowed Forest back in it. Forest brought on Lewis Grabban who changed the game for them as he scored 2 to put Forest 2-1 up. Millwall fans were giving him all kinds of stick from the minute he stepped on the park. Millwall did equalise fairly late on, and could've won it moments later, but a draw was the end result.

Spoke to a few locals (one of which was actually a Chelsea fan) who couldn't have been any nicer and although a noisy, passionate and pretty foul mouthed bunch, they were all very good lads. Probably the best experience I've had at a game as a total neutral, and I can see myself going back there again. 

79226531_10158241676359947_4209938084684365824_n.jpg

78358258_10158241773649947_5625733736952758272_n.jpg

Looking for a random match to go to this weekend as I cant really face the Aberdeen v Hamilton shitshow at Pittodrie.  Looking at Arbroath v Arabs as a possibility but any other suggestions within 1 hour max of the Peoples Republic of Dundee?

Looking for a random match to go to this weekend as I cant really face the Aberdeen v Hamilton shitshow at Pittodrie.  Looking at Arbroath v Arabs as a possibility but any other suggestions within 1 hour max of the Peoples Republic of Dundee?

I think that game is all ticket so you might not be able to pitch up on the day. Dundee are at home to Dunfermline if that floats your boat?

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
26 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I think that game is all ticket so you might not be able to pitch up on the day. Dundee are at home to Dunfermline if that floats your boat?

I can get a ticket from the work (hotline to Dick Campbell's team).

4 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Also Montrose v Clyde 

Considering this as well just to see the Clyde massive in action.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Broaden your horizon by going to an East Of Scotland League game, Jeanfield Swifts v Musselburgh Athletic, Kinnoull v Hawick Royal Albert United or St Andrews United v Arniston Rangers. All 1.30pm kick-off

28 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Broaden your horizon by going to an East Of Scotland League game, Jeanfield Swifts v Musselburgh Athletic, Kinnoull v Hawick Royal Albert United or St Andrews United v Arniston Rangers. All 1.30pm kick-off

I was going to do one of these but the early kick off may be a slight issue.  Ill see though.  May head to Jeanfield.

I was going to do one of these but the early kick off may be a slight issue.  Ill see though.  May head to Jeanfield.
Jeanfield is a great choice. Quite an attractive style of football to watch, usually a lot of goals when I've seen them, and the pies are braw. Nice setting too, you can wander along the Tay from the car park.

22 hours ago, Jute said:

Heading to Spartans v Dalbeattie in the lowland league tomorrow. 

Spartans doing free entry with donation to food bank drive.

http://www.spartansfc.com/2019/12/11/donate-at-the-gate-and-watch-footy-against-dalbeattie-for-free/

Finished 4-0 to Spartans. Think ref was only person In the ground that thought there was a pass back when he awarded free kick that lead to second goal for Spartans.

4D69D90F-40B3-40D9-80A2-A9A4F8710E70.jpeg

Watched about 20 mins of a Wishaw v Kilsyth friendly today in Kirky as I noticed a game on while passing. Was fuckin garbage game though and freezing cold hence the short stay. Only player I recognised was ex Clyde striker Willie Sawyers. No idea what the score was. Or why I even posted this.