Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

22 hours ago, Shanner said:

Heading to Eindhoven on weekend of 10th to 13th January which looks like winter break time in Holland and Germany. 

Are there likely to be lower league games or even friendly matches to watch that weekend? 

Are you leaving on the 13th? Jong PSV vs Jong Ajax on Monday night that weekend. Failing that, Helmond Sport play NAC Breda on the Friday night. A quick Google shows it's a short train ride from Eindhoven to Helmond, and the ground is within walking distance from the station in Helmond. Stadium holds around 4,000 but apparently they only average around 1,500 spectators.

As for Germany, sadly they shut down all leagues over Christmas until late January. There will be friendlies, but usually low key matches vs lower league teams, so not sure how much notice they'll give, or how well advertised they'll even be.

Gent 2-2 Wolfsburg. Enjoyable game which arguably Gent should of won. Last minute equaliser gave a decent atmosphere at the end. Wolfsburg looked like they were playing fairly half-arsed though, no idea how strong the team they put out was. Away fans were loud, but in the kind of shite typical German ultras style with no appreciation of the flow of the game. As always stadium is very good, with a decent view of the pitch even from the cheap seats.

2E06043F-28F0-4CDE-A010-8191D7CD83FC.jpeg

Edited by Turkmenbashi

1 hour ago, Connor1874 said:

Are you leaving on the 13th? Jong PSV vs Jong Ajax on Monday night that weekend. Failing that, Helmond Sport play NAC Breda on the Friday night. A quick Google shows it's a short train ride from Eindhoven to Helmond, and the ground is within walking distance from the station in Helmond. Stadium holds around 4,000 but apparently they only average around 1,500 spectators.

As for Germany, sadly they shut down all leagues over Christmas until late January. There will be friendlies, but usually low key matches vs lower league teams, so not sure how much notice they'll give, or how well advertised they'll even be.

That's perfect mate. The Dutch Friday night game is a strong contender. Appreciated. 

13 minutes ago, Shanner said:

That's perfect mate. The Dutch Friday night game is a strong contender. Appreciated. 

More than happy to help! Love planning these wee sort of trips. Any time me and my girlfriend want to get away, I always squeeze a game in where applicable. Wonder why she even bothers suggesting holidays. :lol: 

Was at Millwall 2 Cardiff 2 during the week. I'll try to get the photos on later. It's not like the old Den. I was quite disappointed not to be Bushwhacked or spotted as a stranger by the Halfway Line Mob. Very little police presence either, a!though I was at the opposite end from the Cardiff supporters.

19 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Was at Millwall 2 Cardiff 2 during the week. I'll try to get the photos on later. It's not like the old Den. I was quite disappointed not to be Bushwhacked or spotted as a stranger by the Halfway Line Mob. Very little police presence either, a!though I was at the opposite end from the Cardiff supporters.

20191022_191041.jpg

20191022_194253.jpg

Back on topic, musselburgh athletic vs jeanfield swifts at olivebank for me this afternoon. Jeanfield are 2 points in front of mussy, so should be a good game. this is a rearranged fixture, as mussy were meant to playing Penicuik, but it had to be changed due to Penicuik playing in the scottish Cup.

At Ajax Amateurs v FC Lisse in the Derde Divisie (Dutch tier four).

Played on one of the twelve pitches dotted around the Ajax training ground, De Toekomst.

Crowd is maybe 150, standard is really not dissimilar to watching e.g. Cove v QP, albeit the Ajax #8 loves a wee bit of flashy SKILLZ to no real benefit.

To think that about 14 hours ago I was out in Kirkcaldy at a gig, and now I'm here, what a small world.

2-0 to Lisse at HT. IMG_20191026_135738.jpegIMG_20191026_141611.jpegIMG_20191026_141829.jpegIMG_20191026_142800.jpegIMG_20191026_143518.jpegIMG_20191026_143105.jpegIMG_20191026_143821.jpeg

On 27/10/2019 at 15:30, Christophe said:

Strathclyde University (1sts) 2-0 Glasgow University (2nds) in the BUCS Scottish Division 2A 

20191023151643_IMG_5463.JPG

20191023145848_IMG_5453.JPG

Christophe, you're worse than Rab/Hitler for spamming up the thread with pictures from your trips to the public park. Real grounds only is the very clear rule.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson