Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

My m ate got us tickets for the Newcastle end at West Ham in November. If it's half as good as our trip to Chelsea in January, we're in for a cracker of a day.

Train down and up this time. We flew down and got the overnight Megabus back last time. Flying to a match was a bit surreal, and the overnight Megabus was awful. Almost missed it by going to McDonald's and Sainsbury's to get food and bevvy to keep us occupied on the journey. They got confiscated and put in the hold before we could even step foot on the bus. As soon as we got home, we cracked open a warm Stella, and devoured a cold, congealed McDonald's. Mmm.

Train back is first class as it was somehow cheaper than standard. Although something tells me 3 lads who've been down in London on the piss all day will get rumbled quite quickly in first class.

Also going to London again in December with my girlfriend. She wants to do something on the Saturday night so I've decided we can go to a game in the afternoon. We plan on being situated in Shoreditch so West Ham and Millwall were the obvious choices. West Ham play Arsenal that day which will likely be moved for TV and will be pretty pricey, so thinking Millwall vs Forest instead. Besides, after my last post, I'm already doing West Ham plus I can't help but feel that going down Millwall is a must for football fans.

I've been told to go to Brentford as I believe this is the last season at Griffin Park and I've been told it's a great ground, but sadly they're away that day. I would really have liked to do Leyton Orient, but they too are away that day.

I believe we'll be in Cambridge at the end of January too for a party on the Friday night. Obviously I looked and found Cambridge are at home on the Saturday, so it would be rude not to.

Macclesfield-port vale this weekend(all ticket!lucky I checked)

following weekend im in porto and hoping to see varzim-estoril and leixoes-praiense in the taca de Portugal,hopefully there'll maybe be local league action too though I think most of that's on at the same time

55 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Anyone been to Sheffield United. Thinking about game in Jan v West Ham..

Wee Crimbo present to myself..

Thoights

good ground.their ticket office has always been good when ive been In touch but,of course,its the EPL now so who knows

8 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Thanks guys. Close to city centre does me nicely..

Looking at Glasgow to Manchester train and local service to Sheffield

Perfect shed boy 👍. Cross Country goes there direct too from Edinburgh but your route probably best. 

15 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Was at Bramhall Lane a few weeks ago great day out at an old school city centre ground. 

@Connor1874 ... next time try the sleeper train if you get in early enough it’s not much more than the bus and it’s a lot more comfortable. 

Can you book on that through the train line or does it have to be through them direct? I've never seen the times come up on the train line.

32 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Can you book on that through the train line or does it have to be through them direct? I've never seen the times come up on the train line.

Yes go on their website Connor I did it a few weeks ago back from MK Dons £45. It leaves Euston at 23.50 into Glasgow / Edinburgh at 7.20. 

https://www.sleeper.scot/

1 minute ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Yes go on their website Connor I did it a few weeks ago back from MK Dons £45. It leaves Euston at 23.50 into Glasgow / Edinburgh at 7.20. 

https://www.sleeper.scot/

Excellent cheers. Will certainly use that I think. 3pm kick offs are fine in London, just that Chelsea vs Newcastle match was a half 5 kick off.

7 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Excellent cheers. Will certainly use that I think. 3pm kick offs are fine in London, just that Chelsea vs Newcastle match was a half 5 kick off.

Yes half 5’s on a Saturday are a menace. I’m not sure if the sleeper runs on a Saturday it might just be 6 days a week. Sunday’s are better because there’s always the cheap 9.25pm Ryanair flight from Stansted. 

4 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Yes half 5’s on a Saturday are a menace. I’m not sure if the sleeper runs on a Saturday it might just be 6 days a week. Sunday’s are better because there’s always the cheap 9.25pm Ryanair flight from Stansted. 

The worst of it was the Megabus was rammed full because it passed through Newcastle, and not even the Geordies could get a train home at that time. Then again, I think it was the fact it got punted to 5.30 was the real reason we managed to get a ticket, so every cloud and that.

This time, it's a combination of them being rank, and the fans being so against Ashley and Bruce. If it means away days in London, then long may it continue. :lol: 

17 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Anyone been to Sheffield United. Thinking about game in Jan v West Ham..

Wee Crimbo present to myself..

Thoights

You might struggle with tickets, going to be the first time West Ham have been to Brammal Lane since the Tevez/Mascherano affair. 

Should  be bit of a lively day. 

The weekend I'm in Manchester and going to Man U v Brighton on the Sunday, Blackburn have Leeds at Elland Road on the Saturday so will probably go to that aswell (only 1hr each way on train/bus) despite the farcical ticket prices and apparent shite away end. I've been told off before for putting my visits to Blackburn games in this thread :lol: so I'm only in to ask what Elland Road is like? And more specifically the away section?

10 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Got few pals from plaistow drinking dens and KUMB usually good for a few tickets aswell

Appreicate the heeds up

Have you had a read of the Away Season Ticket Thread recently? Brady and her pals seem very keen to kill that core away support. 

Miss boozing in Plaistow, surprised The Vic is still going in all honesty. 

Have you had a read of the Away Season Ticket Thread recently? Brady and her pals seem very keen to kill that core away support. 
Miss boozing in Plaistow, surprised The Vic is still going in all honesty. 
Have not mate or not for a while..

I know big W who runs the vic and yeah quite suprised myself but few of the lads still organise days and nights ive noticed on social media

Some great days n nights spent in great company[emoji106]

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Have not mate or not for a while..

I know big W who runs the vic and yeah quite suprised myself but few of the lads still organise days and nights ive noticed on social media

Some great days n nights spent in great companyemoji106.png

I think when the move initially happened, they had plans to sell, but have managed to keep going. 

Always used to enjoy when the police came in to see who was about and they put on "The Bill" theme tune. 

Apart from the football itself, it's the one thing I miss about going every week. Probably find our paths have crossed at one time or another.