Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Hibs 1 v 4 Slavia Prague, Women's Champions League. Att 1,287.

Hibs were outclassed by a bigger, faster, more proficient side but they were in the game more than the score suggests, and they weren't under the cosh by any stretch. A few of the visting players picked up bookings and I don't think they enjoyed the, er, robust Scottish approach. Jamie-Lee Napier is a class apart and will be playing full time football somewhere soon. Slavia's third goal was a properly outstanding drive from distance, I'll be looking to see it again when the game reaches iPlayer. 

Nice of Rachael Boyle's husband to come and support his wife. If the women are WAG, is he a HAB? 

IMG_20190911_194644002.jpg

IMG_20190911_193441931.jpg

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Hibs 1 v 4 Slavia Prague, Women's Champions League. Att 1,287.

Hibs were outclassed by a bigger, faster, more proficient side but they were in the game more than the score suggests, and they weren't under the cosh by any stretch. A few of the visting players picked up bookings and I don't think they enjoyed the, er, robust Scottish approach. Jamie-Lee Napier is a class apart and will be playing full time football somewhere soon. Slavia's third goal was a properly outstanding drive from distance, I'll be looking to see it again when the game reaches iPlayer. 

Nice of Rachael Boyle's husband to come and support his wife. If the women are WAG, is he a HAB? 

IMG_20190911_194644002.jpg

IMG_20190911_193441931.jpg

After a good start thought they got seriously under the cosh in that 1st half they got carved apart a couple of times before the equaliser and then taken apart  in the 20 minutes before half time. Thankfully competed much better in the 2nd half and could have pulled 1 back. Hopefully they can compete over there in the 2nd leg. 

I've admired this thread (and in particular the recommendation to download the Groundhopper app) from afar but finally decided to make an account this evening. I write a blog in my free time about my visits to various football games (some more random than others) and I would appreciate if you could have a look/ let me know your thoughts. So far, I have written about trips to see Cliftonville, Feyenoord, LA Galaxy and Kaiserslautern. I also wrote something on Kilmarnock's win over Rangers at the end of last season as well as a piece on my season following Racing Club Strasbourg Alsace a couple of years ago. A friend guest contributed a post on his recent visit to see Riga FC take on FC Copenhagen. Hopefully you find some of the posts interesting!

The link is: https://alasdairmaddensroadtonowhere.sport.blog

feature.jpg

59 minutes ago, Fenwick Killie said:

I've admired this thread (and in particular the recommendation to download the Groundhopper app) from afar but finally decided to make an account this evening. I write a blog in my free time about my visits to various football games (some more random than others) and I would appreciate if you could have a look/ let me know your thoughts. So far, I have written about trips to see Cliftonville, Feyenoord, LA Galaxy and Kaiserslautern. I also wrote something on Kilmarnock's win over Rangers at the end of last season as well as a piece on my season following Racing Club Strasbourg Alsace a couple of years ago. A friend guest contributed a post on his recent visit to see Riga FC take on FC Copenhagen. Hopefully you find some of the posts interesting!

feature.jpg

Have you ever been to Strasbourg?

On 12/09/2019 at 19:43, Fenwick Killie said:

that's excellent fella - anything that captures someone's love for the (fucking stupid) game that we all follow, the more inexplicable and tenuous the better,  is top quality in my book - good work  thumbs_up.gif

Maribor 2-1 Aluminij

A great game of football last night. Fifth versus first but nothing between the two sides.

A really good match day experience. Everyone involved was very friendly and spoke perfect English, from the club shop to the beer vendors and the stewards. The stadium is lovely too and right in the centre of town.

Plenty on here will be familiar with Maribor thanks to the regular pumpings they fish out to Scottish sides and you can buy prints of their beautiful match posters from such glorious occasions.IMG_20190914_201327.jpegIMG_20190914_200232.jpegIMG_20190914_225753.jpeg

19 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

that's excellent fella - anything that captures someone's love for the (fucking stupid) game that we all follow, the more inexplicable and tenuous the better,  is top quality in my book - good work  thumbs_up.gif

Thanks for the kind words - I enjoy writing the posts so I’m glad to see people seem to be enjoying reading them!

In the away end (mate is a Hansa diehard), at Eintracht Braunschweig v. Hansa Rostock.

No helicopters or water cannons in place, but still a massive police presence at the train station both before and after the game.

As regards the game, Rostock were the better team and filly deserved their win.

IMG_5834.jpgIMG_5836.jpgIMG_5844.jpg

Yes - I studied there for a year of my undergraduate degree then worked there for a couple of months last summer. Lovely city.

Did a football treble there last season. Karlsruhe on Saturday afternoon, jumped on a train and straight to Strasbourg to see them play in the evening. The following day it was lower league stuff to see Schiltigheim play. Strasbourg is a superb city to stay and to watch footy.