Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

I'll buck the trend with East Kilbride Vs Civil Service Strollers. Finished 1-0 Strollers, slightly against the run of play but both teams had chances.
Highlight of the night was a very local lad in a wheelchair belting out "stand up if you love EK"! 
The midges at K Park are utterly horrendous it should be noted. Eaten alive.

20190827195808_IMG_4206.thumb.JPG.5be452045cfd795c4462fdbadbbd4d04.JPG
20190827195253_IMG_4202.thumb.JPG.04913ddfb3627e07484527b276844e55.JPG
20190827195453_IMG_4204.thumb.JPG.de725f0c4c80575617e5b828c971d974.JPG

That result is surely classed as an upset ?

31 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

That result is surely classed as an upset ?

I'd say so, EK defending champs, but CSS finished top 5 last year and look very well organised again, well capable of taking points off the more  fancied teams this season I think. 

I went to Bristol Rovers v Brighton in the Carabao Cup last night. Interesting ground that appears to offer eleven separate viewing options including three separate gazebos. Brighton were dominant in the first half and had two goals ruled out for offside, but were lacking in a bit of penetration. They eventually went ahead and basically stopped playing at that point. Rovers equalised with an absolute screamer of a volley in front of the terrace I was on. Some good #scenes when that went in. After that Rovers held on pretty well against a pretty well relentless stream of Brighton attacks but eventually conceded a 93rd minute winner which was a bit disappointing.

Ground was pretty well packed and it was a great night for a game-and after their equaliser the atmosphere was pretty good. However, if an entire terrace had gone in for the sustained homophobic chants at a Scottish game in the same way as hundreds and hundreds of home fans did last night it would be front page news with questions asked in Parliament and endless shite chat on Sportsound. It was quite something. Started off with one or two guys shouting daft stuff and progressed to the entire terrace chanting various things that were blatantly beyond the pale!

12 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Halfway through Crystal Palace v Colchester now...

An enjoyable 0-0 which Colchester deservedly won on pens. Benteke was just awful. No movement or anticipation and his confidence looks shot, but he always looked like he was trying so I hope that shoot-out pen in front of the away fans restores his confidence a little bit. Ayew looked brilliant - get him in your fantasy teams, he'll be starting at the weekend.

I promised highlights of the inane tripe the guy behind me was spouting. I've ended up forgetting most of them but here's a couple I wrote down at half time:

1) "I can't stand McCarthy", to which his mate said he didn't know a lot about him. "All I know is he won't wear a poppy cos he's IRA. And apparently that's all starting again now now. So I can't be having it"

2) His mate, "I'm trying to work out how many internationals we've got"

Bloke, "Two"

Mate, "Nah it's way more than that"

Bloke, "Oh what tonight?! Three"

His mate, "Nah... Meyer, Townsend, Benteke, Ayew, Zaha, even Kelly's got one cap"

Bloke, "Kelly hasn't".

Mate, "He played one game for England"

Bloke "No he never"

Mate, "I'll bet you a fiver!"

Bloke, "What, at right back?"

😂

As a local, basically the reason is that it's a rugby ground that's been tinkered with to add capacity for the football.

There's been rumours and plans for a new 30,000 seat stadium near by for probably ten years now and has got no further than drawings.

Interestingly (meh) the gates to the Mem are listed and will have to stay when the ground is demolished

IMG_1566975163.994701.thumb.jpg.a6471dbe18ba2a96f577781fb85b0975.jpg

IMG_1566975182.694672.thumb.jpg.57a977411ea973984e2a46b107969e60.jpg

IMG_1566975191.453968.thumb.jpg.58ba6d982e8f305aa93a7ccca0fb2d90.jpg

IMG_1566975199.359036.thumb.jpg.73716200324dc4e9a97a64ccf442c223.jpg

On 28/08/2019 at 09:17, Margaret Thatcher said:

An enjoyable 0-0 which Colchester deservedly won on pens. Benteke was just awful. No movement or anticipation and his confidence looks shot, but he always looked like he was trying so I hope that shoot-out pen in front of the away fans restores his confidence a little bit. Ayew looked brilliant - get him in your fantasy teams, he'll be starting at the weekend.

I promised highlights of the inane tripe the guy behind me was spouting. I've ended up forgetting most of them but here's a couple I wrote down at half time:

1) "I can't stand McCarthy", to which his mate said he didn't know a lot about him. "All I know is he won't wear a poppy cos he's IRA. And apparently that's all starting again now now. So I can't be having it"

2) His mate, "I'm trying to work out how many internationals we've got"

Bloke, "Two"

Mate, "Nah it's way more than that"

Bloke, "Oh what tonight?! Three"

His mate, "Nah... Meyer, Townsend, Benteke, Ayew, Zaha, even Kelly's got one cap"

Bloke, "Kelly hasn't".

Mate, "He played one game for England"

Bloke "No he never"

Mate, "I'll bet you a fiver!"

Bloke, "What, at right back?"

😂

1 is an absolute belter. 

21 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

1 is an absolute belter. 

Getting to that time of year again aren't we. 

Must admit, I quite like the Memorial Ground, only ever been in the away terrace, but thought it was a decent place. 

Not exactly a match, but coming out of domestic arrivals in Mexico City there was a group of about 500 Chivas fans going absolutely mental for the arrival of the team for their game against Cruz Azul.

Crazy good atmosphere. I'll have to add a game in Mexico to the to do list.

Went to Strathspey Thistle v Lossiemouth today at Seafield Park on the way down from that doing in Inverness last night.

Finished 3-0 to Strathspey- very well deserved victory for them and we thoroughly enjoyed the game, although in all honesty, Lossiemouth were a gang.

9/17 Highland League grounds ticked off the list, but first time I’d actually been to a Highland League game.