Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

I was over in Copenhagen last weekend for a stag do.  Took in a match at their stadium against bottom of the league Velje BK. First half was decent enough with the home side scoring twice - one a well worked ball to the back post and the other from a penalty for a stupid hand ball. Former Middlesbrough midfielder Fischer the star man.

Second half was a complete non event. I genuinely don't think Copenhagen had a shot on target as the just cruised through the game. Nice enough ground although it was half empty.  The ultras behind the goal made a decent noise throughout the match. Beer was good if a bit expensive.

Highlight being a tv shirt cannon being wheeled out at half time.  A good looking girl with a cannon? Of course not!  A man on the back of a 'lion' firing them in.  Most unusual.

image.png.256926c636e5598b486b3afb618f4269.png

One night a few weeks ago after drink had been taken I agreed to go watch Harrogate town with a mate. He took me up on my offer and last Saturday was in attendance v Dagenham and Redbridge. God awful game only spiced up by crowd 'trouble' when the Harrogate 'ultras' changed end at half time and found themselves stood beside the few daggers fans who had made the journey.  After the town goal something kicked off and it looked like a 15 year old was getting huckled out of the ground by his dad!! dagenham equalised in added on time with their only real chance.

On the way back my mate was saying that he'll be going back if I wanted to go again. That'll be a NO then.

15 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

Anyone got experience getting tickets for Newcastle? Down that way in May visiting a pal and want to try get tickets for the game v Liverpool.

I think you might struggle for that one unless your pal is a regular already.

Go non league, plenty available around there.

Sadly non league season over by that date. That was our initial plan as well.

4 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Sorry, too quick of the mark there. Nothing else even close either. Either change your dates or hang about in pubs near St James and maybe buy two around there.

On 09/03/2019 at 12:45, Sergeant Wilson said:

given that Liverpool may still be in sight of a title at that time I think youre correct and tickets might not be easy to come by

On 08/03/2019 at 20:43, mrcat1990 said:

Anyone got experience getting tickets for Newcastle? Down that way in May visiting a pal and want to try get tickets for the game v Liverpool.

Generally games do go to general sale, but as someone said this might be harder with Liverpool chasing the title. Depending on how keen you are to go, a membership would guarantee that you're able to buy a ticket.

Memberships are £40 now though.

39 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Generally games do go to general sale, but as someone said this might be harder with Liverpool chasing the title. Depending on how keen you are to go, a membership would guarantee that you're able to buy a ticket.

Memberships are £40 now though.

I know quite a few who snapped up hospitality tickets way back I imagine this will be long since sold out.  If Liverpool hang on in there they will be pretty hard to come by in the home areas. 

On 09/03/2019 at 12:51, mrcat1990 said:

Jump on one of the buses down to Southend to see Jack Ross's Red and White Wizards lift the League One trophy*

Spoiler

*Maybe

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

Just back from a Belgrade triple header. Saturday, took in third div game in morning. FK Bask 1 v Jedinstvo 0. Belgrade's oldest club(Bask) play at a tidy 2 sided stadium which has a poor 3G pitch. A scrappy game which ended up with a win for the home team. I just rolled up in the morning, and walked in for nothing. Later that day it was Red Star Belgrade 4 v Zemun 0. Red Star's 74th birthday was celebrated with a huge pyrotechnic show by the Ultras. Add that to a ticket price of about 70p, and it was a cracking night out. Sunday's derby game nearly didn't happen for me. The police decided that Vozdoc's home game to Partizan would only have a crowd of about 500, due to security reasons. Because of this It was only VIP's for Vozdovak and Ultras for Partizan that got the few tickets. I managed to blag a ticket by making out I was press from the UK. Took quite a lot of phone calls, people asking and bullshit, but I eventually got ushered in with one of the official photographers. The game was terrible, partly due to another poor 4G pitch, and partly due to the teams being crap. Summed up with an awful f#ck up by the Partizan sweeper, which caused the goal. This game was played on the most unusual place I've ever seen. Directly on the roof of a supermarket, about 7 floors up. Belgrade is a brilliant place to watch footy, with the fans being mental. The city itself is superb. Great cafe, restaraunt and bar scene, with plenty of culture of you need it. Locals generally are friendly and it's as cheap as chips to stay there. Just wish we could get direct flights from Scotland, as it was a bit of a pain having to go via Amsterdam.

3 minutes ago, yogisbairns said:

Just back from a Belgrade triple header. Saturday, took in third div game in morning. FK Bask 1 v Jedinstvo 0. Belgrade's oldest club(Bask) play at a tidy 2 sided stadium which has a poor 3G pitch. A scrappy game which ended up with a win for the home team. I just rolled up in the morning, and walked in for nothing. Later that day it was Red Star Belgrade 4 v Zemun 0. Red Star's 74th birthday was celebrated with a huge pyrotechnic show by the Ultras. Add that to a ticket price of about 70p, and it was a cracking night out. Sunday's derby game nearly didn't happen for me. The police decided that Vozdoc's home game to Partizan would only have a crowd of about 500, due to security reasons. Because of this It was only VIP's for Vozdovak and Ultras for Partizan that got the few tickets. I managed to blag a ticket by making out I was press from the UK. Took quite a lot of phone calls, people asking and bullshit, but I eventually got ushered in with one of the official photographers. The game was terrible, partly due to another poor 4G pitch, and partly due to the teams being crap. Summed up with an awful f#ck up by the Partizan sweeper, which caused the goal. This game was played on the most unusual place I've ever seen. Directly on the roof of a supermarket, about 7 floors up. Belgrade is a brilliant place to watch footy, with the fans being mental. The city itself is superb. Great cafe, restaraunt and bar scene, with plenty of culture of you need it. Locals generally are friendly and it's as cheap as chips to stay there. Just wish we could get direct flights from Scotland, as it was a bit of a pain having to go via Amsterdam.

Sounds brilliant Yogi !