Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Are the huge grey sheets behind each goal to make it easier to distinguish the goal frame? I observed before that the join of the walls + glazing was very close to the height of the crossbar, but that seems an extreme solution!
Might be more for the Scotland rugby team than the football, the posts are even harder to spot against that transparent background than the football goals.

Guest DAVIDB69
Would recommend the Anchor and Hope pub on the Riverside. (SE7 7SS)

Sorry never saw your post in time, quite possibly the worst game I have ever been to in my life. Next to nothing happened all game

Aarau 1 - 0 Chiasso.

Promotion still an outside chance, would be romping it if not for the whole losing 6 of the first 7 thing.

Hopefully making the game next weekend away to Vaduz, possibly my favourite away ground of any I have visited.

26EA2770-CEFC-43BB-8CE8-5B5273027641.jpeg

CAF743BA-5276-46F4-9947-C826457EB08E.jpeg

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:06, IrishBhoy said:

Went to Chelsea v Leicester a few weeks ago. Had no plans at all to attend but me and my pal were drinking in a pub on Fulham High Street and two guys we were speaking to offered us their season cards. They told us the atmosphere was awful and they only attend the ‘bigger’ games, but we thought they were at it and jumped at the chance to go for f**k all. 

We ended up leaving at half time and went back to the pub to hand back the cards. I’ve heard better atmospheres playing a game of Fifa, it was unreal. Leicester fans made a bit of noise as you would expect but the rest of the stadium was lifeless. That’s 4 EPL games I’ve attended now and none have been anything special, maybe I’m just unlucky. 

As mentioned a couple of pages before you, I was at Chelsea vs Newcastle a couple of weeks before albeit in the away end. Toon fans noisy as ever, but rest of the ground was silent.  Even after the game, walking to the tube and on the tube, everyone was just so dull and lifeless.

Going down to St James on Saturday to watch Newcastle vs Huddersfield.

Got a few things in the pipeline. Away on a lads holiday in April to Munich and looking into getting tickets for the Augsburg game that weekend.

Away back to Germany in May for my usual trip to Schalke, but like last year, gonna take the girlfriend a few other places en route, which of course means more foreign fitba. :)

Last year we did Amsterdam, Brussels and Paris as well as Dusseldorf and Koln over in Germany. Only game I took in apart from the Schalke game was FC Utrecht vs VVV Venlo.

This year we're going to Reykjavik, Copenhagen and Basel before we head to Germany. Already spotted Valur vs IA on the Saturday night I'm in Iceland. Valur are champions and only play 20 minutes walk from my hotel so that'll be interesting.

The Danish league will still be ongoing when I'm in Copenhagen, but don't arrive til Sunday evening and they do a split like us so can't gauge it yet. There's usually Monday night games though so hoping for a bit of luck.

A game in Basel is probably off limits. The Swiss league is also ongoing when I arrive but matches haven't been re-scheduled for TV yet so I've no idea if I'll get a chance. That said, provisional fixtures show a midweek round when I arrive.

SPAL 1-4 Fiorentina.

Ferrara is a great city and the stadium is a perfect size and in the centre of town with plenty of bars in the vicinity. It's a nice oddity seeing folk head to the game on bicycles.

The game was notable for a contentious period in the second half. With the score 1-1, SPAL break upfield and put the ball in the net. After a while the referee decides to consult VAR. His decision is to award a penalty to Fiorentina for a challenge on Chiesa 36 seconds before the goal. Fiorentina convert the penalty six minutes after the original foul. They then score another two minutes later and from there it was game over.IMG_20190217_123146.jpg

7 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

SPAL 1-4 Fiorentina.

Ferrara is a great city and the stadium is a perfect size and in the centre of town with plenty of bars in the vicinity. It's a nice oddity seeing folk head to the game on bicycles.

The game was notable for a contentious period in the second half. With the score 1-1, SPAL break upfield and put the ball in the net. After a while the referee decides to consult VAR. His decision is to award a penalty to Fiorentina for a challenge on Chiesa 36 seconds before the goal. Fiorentina convert the penalty six minutes after the original foul. They then score another two minutes later and from there it was game over.IMG_20190217_123146.jpg

Saw that. Just evidences the farce that VAR brings. It really isn't an improvement to the game at all. Looks a fantastic ground though, very well suited to the club in terms of size.

4 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

As mentioned a couple of pages before you, I was at Chelsea vs Newcastle a couple of weeks before albeit in the away end. Toon fans noisy as ever, but rest of the ground was silent.  Even after the game, walking to the tube and on the tube, everyone was just so dull and lifeless.

Going down to St James on Saturday to watch Newcastle vs Huddersfield.

Playing for 4th they won’t know what to do with themselves :). They like a good gloat down there when they’ve won but it’s hilarious when they don’t.