Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Portogruaro 1-0 Opitergina.

Probably the best game I've seen all season. First versus third in Promozione, the sixth tier of Italian football (and there are actually about seven hundred clubs above this level).

Porto have a very tidy set up, proper tickets, a decent range of merch and their streak sandwich is the best food I've ever eaten at a stadium. They had one season in Serie B a good few years back and retain a fanbase of around 700. A banner hangs on the main stand saying "President, let us dream, we want to go to Serie A." They even had a handful of ultras on their tiny curva.
The stadium itself is a nice one incorporating a velodrome and a tiny basketball court sits behind one of the goals.

It was end to end for 88 minutes with very little between the two teams but plenty of chances. Then Porto smashed a winner on the volley from a tight angle. Defeat was very harsh on Opitergina who actually had one of their best games of the season.IMG_20190113_161800.jpgIMG_20190113_152926.jpgIMG_20190113_151932.jpgIMG_20190113_145428.jpgIMG_20190113_132553.jpg

Portogruaro 1-0 Opitergina.

Probably the best game I've seen all season. First versus third in Promozione, the sixth tier of Italian football (and there are actually about seven hundred clubs above this level).

Porto have a very tidy set up, proper tickets, a decent range of merch and their streak sandwich is the best food I've ever eaten at a stadium. They had one season in Serie B a good few years back and retain a fanbase of around 700. A banner hangs on the main stand saying "President, let us dream, we want to go to Serie A." They even had a handful of ultras on their tiny curva.
The stadium itself is a nice one incorporating a velodrome and a tiny basketball court sits behind one of the goals.

It was end to end for 88 minutes with very little between the two teams but plenty of chances. Then Porto smashed a winner on the volley from a tight angle. Defeat was very harsh on Opitergina who actually had one of their best games of the season.IMG_20190113_161800.thumb.jpg.26a5aec803902ecfc27020706b684e67.jpgIMG_20190113_152926.thumb.jpg.ee2e123491ddfe99ed57b64fa5bc75e6.jpgIMG_20190113_151932.thumb.jpg.53ef55c469e4a4d8f5c0ad4c15cd9afa.jpgIMG_20190113_145428.thumb.jpg.f84b73236f60d996dd743679c623ff34.jpgIMG_20190113_132553.thumb.jpg.e672926fc74b09933df80e9dea985e15.jpg
Whats the price of a ticket for such game...

19 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Newtongrange Star 2-4 Penicuik Athletic yesterday. Cracking game with Penicuik coming from 2-0 down to win20190112_141812-1612x784.jpg20190112_143728-1612x784.jpg

Only been there once but great games for me.  Amateur club I'm secretary of won a cup there last season. Great day in the sun.

Only been there once but great games for me.  Amateur club I'm secretary of won a cup there last season. Great day in the sun.

Took in conference C showdown between Broxburn and Linlithgow last Saturday. Broxburn winning 4-3 after being 3-2 down. Two poor defences with Lithgae probably being the better team in the 2nd half. Still to see Penicuik this season.

10 hours ago, yogisbairns said:

Took in conference C showdown between Broxburn and Linlithgow last Saturday. Broxburn winning 4-3 after being 3-2 down. Two poor defences with Lithgae probably being the better team in the 2nd half. Still to see Penicuik this season.

Been following the EoS closely this season. Great to see the Scottish pyramid really taking off, but this is where you can't help but feel we need to reshuffle the top 4 leagues into top 2 perhaps.

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 20:39, Marten said:

Schalke '04 1-2 Borussia Dortmund
I managed to get tickets for the biggest derby in German football. Amazing atmosphere and experience. The Veltins Arena doesn't look impressive from the outside but inside its a great stadium. BVB showed why they were top of the league. They were the better team and took an early lead. Schalke got a penalty via VAR in the second half which made it exciting, but the winner for BVB was deserved. It was a great trip to Germany and definitely worth the effort. 20181208_152827.jpg20181208_151936.jpg

I was there too.  2nd Derby but the first in the Nordkurve. Toyed with the idea of going to see Werder vs Fortuna  but ended up going to Viktoria Koln vs Bonner SC. :)

23 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Was down at Stamford Bridge for the first time on Saturday, in the Toon end no less. 8)

Cracking day out, drinking mainly in the Earl's Court area. Nice ground, good atmosphere from the away end, but Chelsea fans are shite.

Great day out at Chelsea Connor. 

10 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Great day out at Chelsea Connor. 

Yeah loved it! Looking back through this thread at your posts as I notice you go to a lot of LEAFA games on a Sunday. Don't suppose you've been down to watch the famous Broughton Albion yet?

9 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Yeah loved it! Looking back through this thread at your posts as I notice you go to a lot of LEAFA games on a Sunday. Don't suppose you've been down to watch the famous Broughton Albion yet?

I’ve been to a few Connor but not to Broughton Albion yet. Where do they play? 

9 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I’ve been to a few Connor but not to Broughton Albion yet. Where do they play? 

We play our home games at the new Portobello High School, got Easthouses there on Sunday. They cuffed us 12-1 last time round, but they also cuffed us 13-0 way back last season and we pumped them out the Edinburgh Cup after, so I expect a response. :)

Edited by Connor1874

Off to Napoli this weekend, as per usual Italian ticketing is fucking atrocious. Honestly never come across a country where they f**k about so much. 

Was looking forward to visiting Sorbillo for some pizza, but a bomb was let off there last night over unpaid "protection" money. 

Off to Napoli this weekend, as per usual Italian ticketing is fucking atrocious. Honestly never come across a country where they f**k about so much. 
Was looking forward to visiting Sorbillo for some pizza, but a bomb was let off there last night over unpaid "protection" money. 

You defo don't want to try Turkey then![emoji23]