Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Ended up going to see Ottawa Fury vs. Penn FC as a guest of a person with limited mobility.  Staff at the stadium were excellent, game on the pitch not so much with Penn winning 2-0.  Ottawa were the better team but were seriously hindered by (and it pains me to say this) Canadian International defender Nana Attakora who was absolutely awful with lax marking leading to Penn FC's first goal, an awful backpass that nearly led to a goal and being just too fat and slow to catch up to the Penn forward on the second goal.  He hasn't been a regular for Canada and I remember him being better (and slimmer) a few years ago.  David Edgar, who used to play for Newcastle in the Premier League must be wondering how his career has gone so wrong to be stuck in a back 4 with that guy.  The rest of Ottawa were pretty good, a lot of energy and created some good chances but not much in the way of end product.   

Edited by senorsoupe

Seville v Villareal tonight.  

Both decent sides, so hoping it will be a good one. Cue the 0-0. 

37c at the moment and 30c when the game starts. Ooft. 

Edited by qos_75

As I couldn't get to our game at Elgin (bit of luck in the end) went over to Civil Service Strollers v Wigton & Bladnoch in the South Challenge Cup ending 9-0 to the hosts. Had thought about going to Hill of Beath v Tweedmouth which turned out to be a record breaking 16-0 win for the Haws but an enjoyable enough day in the capital.

Hearts Women 3-0 Glasgow Girls in SWPL2 at King's Park, Dalkeith. A hard-fought game in the pishing rain won by the home side with goals in the second half after they'd got the measure of their opponents. The ref made two or three blunders and the guy beside me was neither calm but polite in pointing them out. Both teams very young, it's clearly all about development at this level, and some of the Hearts players showed good skills.

Nice wee ground and good food. The shed had a row of plastic chairs, welcome but a bit awkward as it significantly reduces the number of people who can get under cover. It struck me at the end how few of the 50-odd crowd headed for the gate - presumably the majority were friends and family.IMG_20180826_144236317.jpg

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

As I couldn't get to our game at Elgin (bit of luck in the end) went over to Civil Service Strollers v Wigton & Bladnoch in the South Challenge Cup ending 9-0 to the hosts. Had thought about going to Hill of Beath v Tweedmouth which turned out to be a record breaking 16-0 win for the Haws but an enjoyable enough day in the capital.

Lucky escape for you Cowden when I heard I was wondering if you would be up in Elgin ! 

1 minute ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Ha ha ... A leisurely swim over to the Strollerdome ! 

Not quite but on the way back it would have been quicker waited ages for a 27 bus up to the centre and 3 came at once:lol: And it really was sunny Muirhouse a really nice day not the sort of ground to go to in the middle of winter mind you.

14 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Not quite but on the way back it would have been quicker waited ages for a 27 bus up to the centre and 3 came at once:lol: And it really was sunny Muirhouse a really nice day not the sort of ground to go to in the middle of winter mind you.

:lol: a bus convoy sounds about right in Edinburgh ! Not much shelter at the ‘Dome ! The Strollers are flying. 

Beşiktaş 2-3 Antalyaspor.

Before last night Beşiktaş had never lost a league game at Vodafone Park. Antalyaspor went 3-1 up in the first half then picked up seven yellow cards winding up a Beşiktaş team full of p***ks. Despite facing 31 shots on goal Antalyaspor picked up a deserved three points.
IMG_20180826_220213.jpg

On 21/08/2018 at 19:42, atfccfc said:

I've been to games at Ajax, Feyenoord, Vitesse Arnham and Heerenveen. Ajax  was the only club where you had to buy a 'package which consisted of Scarf, ticket, hat and voucher for food. I looked up PSV and they had the exact same package. Something like €60+ Bigger games were more expensive  

Club Brugge in Belgium got back to me and said a membership is obligatory. So they can bolt, I'm not paying €50 for a Belgian football match. Off to Beerschot Wilrijk instead. 

These rules seem very cuntish. Is it the clubs' choice, in a transparent attempt to rip off fans, or the result of Government legislation to try to prevent hooliganism?

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

These rules seem very cuntish. Is it the clubs' choice, in a transparent attempt to rip off fans, or the result of Government legislation to try to prevent hooliganism?

I really don't know.  Standard Liege have a membership scheme which you need to get tickets. But there's two choice (red and Gold,  red is free gold has a fee i believe) which means I will travel to Liege from Brussels early on the Saturday go to stadium to get that and a ticket, go back to station and travel to Aachen in Germany for their game then back to Liege for their evening game. It's a hassle (just because I want to go to two games in one day)  if I don't get it then  Union Saint Gilloise in Brussels are at home later that evening. 

I think some of the other big clubs (ie Anderlecht, Gent and Genk) also have them but unsure if they charge. A pain in the arse if you just want to go to a few games.

5 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

PSV have this also. 75 Euros covered entry and food voucher and club shop voucher. Seems to me to be a rip-off aimed at "visiting" fans. I paid it as I wanted to complete the set in Holland but it did stick in the throat a little.

On the same trip VVV asked for membership but when I explained we were travelling from Scotland and might never be back they were more than helpful.