Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

In my mind if there's no terracing, the capacity shouldn't be more than one line of spectators around the pitch.

When the guys from Midlothian Council were assessing Whitehill, which has abundant grassy banking, they said they would only allow 2 rows of people where it wasn't terraced. Not sure if they were making it up as nobody else in Midlothian had ever been given a capacity. Maybe hard standing is assessed more generously.

Had a great time at Keith once watching ICT and stayed over in a hotel in the square. Everybody was great, had a really good night. Unfortunately there was a nightclub opposite and when I left in the morning, some youngsters had twisted my wiper arms. It was raining too. The hotel owner got a scrappie to open up on a Sunday, drove me there and back, and I got sorted just in time to catch ICT at Inverurie 10 mins before kick off..

On 7/19/2018 at 22:42, The Mantis said:

Whitehill, which has abundant grassy banking

picture below is The Mountfield Bank at Lewes; there's a walkway round the back of the white rails, and you often get folk sat on top of the poles - quite often visiting fans as its the route from the bar to the "proper" away enclosure (hardly any games are segregated now, mind - it had to be bought in for the one season in the Conference); the only good thing about visiting teams scoring is that - almost every game that it happens- someone sat on the bars will jump off to celebrate and, particularly in the winter, fall arse over tit and slide/roll down the grass and crash in to the back of the hoardings at the bottom ; only rivalled by a similar arrangement at Dunstable Town's old Creasey Park, and Springfield Park at Wigan with it's legendary away-end mud slide...

26711034.jpg

Brilliant day down in Preston, I may have been harsh in my original opinion that it was a shithole, it’s improved a lot since the last time I was down there.

Game finished Preston NE 2-2 West Ham. Both teams tried to play a decent game which was good, I had been expecting them not to give a f**k since it was a friendly.

Deepdale is a great stadium, reminded me of Tynecastle with the way the stands are built and that it’s close to the pitch.

IMG_0955.thumb.jpg.94f01d3a81851f814deff9cdd81d808a.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

22 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Brilliant day down in Preston, I may have been harsh in my original opinion that it was a shithole, it’s improved a lot since the last time I was down there.

Game finished Preston NE 2-2 West Ham. Both teams tried to play a decent game which was good, I had been expecting them not to give a f**k since it was a friendly.

Deepdale is a great stadium, reminded me of Tynecastle with the way the stands are built and that it’s close to the pitch.

IMG_0955.thumb.jpg.94f01d3a81851f814deff9cdd81d808a.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

Preston is a brilliant day out. Great stadium structure as you say and always a cracking atmosphere when Blackburn play there.

Was Saturday in Magdeburg (bit of a dump) for the Interwetten Cup, a 3 team pre-season tournament involving 1. FC Magdeburg, FC. Genoa plus Swansea City. 30oC plus sun, so pedestrian paced football. Took in the 1st two games, both of which involved Swansea. Oli McBurnie came on at 1/2 time in the game against Genoa. Had more or less no service, so not a lot to do but in the last minute got on the end of a cross and looped a header in. Banged away his penalty in the resulting p/k kick-off. IMG_4221.jpgIMG_4209.jpgIMG_4219.jpg

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 21:56, Rab B Nesbit said:

Forth & Endrick League in Tuesday night ... Buchlyvie United 1 Drymen United 5 

109E2B7E-328A-4E95-89F8-14FDB266EAC3.jpeg

Mon the BU! I mind when they landed a helicopter on the pitch.

The late and sometimes lamented Mrs King was a BU fan, haven't been there for around 30 years now.

Edited by Jason King

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

Mon the BU! I mind when they landed a helicopter on the pitch.

The late and sometimes lamented Mrs King was a BU fan, haven't been there for around 30 years now.

A helicopter on the pitch !? Enjoyed my visit JK !