Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

There were so many odd aspects. The only alcoholic drink sold in the stadium was sangria (I had two glasses). The Legia Ultras had a banner saying #SaveAlfieEvans. A local supporter complimented on my jumper and then spoke to me for most of the second half. He was a nice guy but said he was "sad" that their best player is "the black" (midfielder called Remy). The standard of football was really poor but the atmosphere is very impressive. 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

There were so many odd aspects. The only alcoholic drink sold in the stadium was sangria (I had two glasses). The Legia Ultras had a banner saying #SaveAlfieEvans. A local supporter complimented on my jumper and then spoke to me for most of the second half. He was a nice guy but said he was "sad" that their best player is "the black" (midfielder called Remy). The standard of football was really poor but the atmosphere is very impressive. 

I think P&B needs to see this item of clothing-were you still wearing a xmas jumper with a flashing Rudolf nose?

surprised about the sangria(!), everywhere else ive been has sold lager

not surprised about the standard of footy

Istanbul derby: Kasımpaşa 1-4 Fenerbahçe.

IMG_20180428_182502.jpgIMG_20180428_202056.jpg

Fenerbahçe fans left another poor impression after shouting at each other during the minute's silence and continuing to sing about Șenol Guneș's injuries.

One Fenerbahçe goal was offside, at another the ball had run out of pay before the cross went in and a third was while a player was down badly injured. None of those are Fenerbahçe's fault but it's a shite way to lose. Kasımpaşa should have been out of sight at half time but failed to fit the target with a number of clear headers. Watch out for Trezeguet at the World Cup, he's had a great season.

IMG_20180428_210801.jpg

^ quirks of Turkish stadiums thread for this pish: Motherwell should have just built around that house like Kasımpaşa have.

Ajax 3 AZ Alkmaar 0.

Decent game, Ajax dominant with very good second and third goals. Kluivert goal was superb. Atmosphere was superb outside yet subdued inside. Van Der Sar is not well regarded, made a speech on pitch and was hissed off - second place not enough.

Wondeful wonderful place to watch football. Stadium under significant refurb behind the stands and the facilities are about perfect.

Great experience!

20180429_143005.jpg

55 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Ajax 3 AZ Alkmaar 0.

Decent game, Ajax dominant with very good second and third goals. Kluivert goal was superb. Atmosphere was superb outside yet subdued inside. Van Der Sar is not well regarded, made a speech on pitch and was hissed off - second place not enough.

Wondeful wonderful place to watch football. Stadium under significant refurb behind the stands and the facilities are about perfect.

Great experience!

20180429_143005.jpg

Envy you a wee bit. Had a tour there as Ajax had switched their game to the night before we arrived. Got the train to Rotterdam and watched Feyenoord instead.

Yesterday, AOK Stadion in Wolfsburg for VfL Wolfsburg against Chelsea. Champions League Women semi-final.
Crowd of 3813.
2-0 for Wolfsburg which following the 3-1 in the 1st leg puts them in the final in Kiev against Lyon.

Stadium is right beside the Volkswagen Arena.

On 29/04/2018 at 17:32, The Mantis said:

Envy you a wee bit. Had a tour there as Ajax had switched their game to the night before we arrived. Got the train to Rotterdam and watched Feyenoord instead.

As much as I dislike Feyenoord, their ground and atmosphere are better than at Ajax generally.

Was at Tottenham-Watford last night on a freebie. Fourth time there this season, zero atmosphere and a mad rush to leave at 80 minutes by half the crowd to get back to the tube. Really bitty game with an end of season feel to it. 

Enjoyed a visit to the Beveree on Saturday to see Hampton & Richmond Borough v Truro City. Truro scored a soft early goal, good equaliser from Hampton. Brilliant save from Truro goalie (on loan from Bristol City) near the end to deny Hampton a win. Hampton finished 4th in the league and Truro seventh so  they play again tonight at the Beveree in the play-offs. Currently 1-1. #COYBeavers

On 4/29/2018 at 17:32, The Mantis said:

Went to this as well.  Was a decent enough experience for an end of season dead rubber. 

Was right next to the Sparta fans but it was surprisingly one sided in terms of noise, with hardly a peep out of the Feyenoord fans. 

I was at Haringey Borough vs. Heybridge Swifts yesterday. Cracking playoff game, great atmosphere, neat football between two evenly matched teams.

Borough won 2-0 so it's Canvey Island in the final at Coles Park Sunday.

Borough are a cracking club.