Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

41 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Yeah fine for a day out, plenty of decent bars in the town itself! 

How did you find the Berlin fans? We got told to f**k off before even getting in the ground when we tried to go last year. 

Did you buy tickets in with ultras? Did you have to leave or did you still get to go in at a different bit?

6 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Yeah fine for a day out, plenty of decent bars in the town itself! 

How did you find the Berlin fans? We got told to f**k off before even getting in the ground when we tried to go last year. 

I'm sold!

got a return from Edinburgh for £34.  Will be there 3 nights so should be able to take in a Dutch game and a German one in the weekend.  

16 hours ago, Shanner said:

I'm sold!

got a return from Edinburgh for £34.  Will be there 3 nights so should be able to take in a Dutch game and a German one in the weekend.  

Make sure you go to Drinkers Pub, they have an unreal selection http://www.drinkerspub.nl/

22 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Did you buy tickets in with ultras? Did you have to leave or did you still get to go in at a different bit?

Yeah tickets in the Ultra end, but we didn't make it that far. Stood chatting outside and they all came over asking where we were from etc. Had done nothing at all. Told us to leave, had a look over at the coppers and they just walked off, so didn't fancy getting much help from them. They followed us all the way to the nearest tram to make sure we left. The guy we got the tickets from told us after that a lot of their fans (especially younger ones) are fed up of being portrayed as this cool hipster club, and want to make a name for themselves. QPR had them in a friendly last August and had a bit of trouble. 

Anyway, we went back into Berlin and drunk in a Dortmund supporters bar oddly enough.

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Make sure you go to Drinkers Pub, they have an unreal selection http://www.drinkerspub.nl/

Yeah tickets in the Ultra end, but we didn't make it that far. Stood chatting outside and they all came over asking where we were from etc. Had done nothing at all. Told us to leave, had a look over at the coppers and they just walked off, so didn't fancy getting much help from them. They followed us all the way to the nearest tram to make sure we left. The guy we got the tickets from told us after that a lot of their fans (especially younger ones) are fed up of being portrayed as this cool hipster club, and want to make a name for themselves. QPR had them in a friendly last August and had a bit of trouble. 

Anyway, we went back into Berlin and drunk in a Dortmund supporters bar oddly enough.

Ooft, I had planned to go as part of a stag a while ago, glad we didn’t now.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Ooft, I had planned to go as part of a stag a while ago, glad we didn’t now.

Know plenty who have gone and had no issue at all, that was why we went because everyone said how good an atmosphere it is. 

Still take massive glee in seeing them get beat.

39 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Know plenty who have gone and had no issue at all, that was why we went because everyone said how good an atmosphere it is. 

Still take massive glee in seeing them get beat.

You turned up in a large group and when asked what team you supported by a group of hooligans/ultras and replied 'West Ham' or similar.

It's not particularly hard to understand why you had the experience you had. In my one jaunt to Union Berlin I went as an away fan to see Duisburg and had absolutely no issues. I've never had any issues at any of the 10+ German grounds I've been at

On 2/15/2018 at 19:39, highlandcowden said:

polands good-as has been said,cheap(though its slowly getting pricier as their economys buoyant), and easy enough to get to. The footys not great and you have to be wary of where you sit, being in with the ultras isn't a good idea-at best youll feel very uncomfortable, more likely youll be told to leave. Due to previous hooligan problems theyre very strict re ticket sales.ideally get your tickets long prior to the game,if you turn up with 5 mins to spare at a top division game you will miss kick off! you need your passport/id to buy them too.

Gdansk in the north is handy for Lechia and Arka Gydnia next door, Krakow for Wisla&cracovia with the teams of Polands industrial belt-piast Gliwice,gornik zbreze,katowice are a short train ride to the west.

Wroclaw is hand for slask,lech Poznan and zaglebie lubin

I used to live in Poland and went to watch quite a lot of football and this is very accurate. You are not welcome among the hooligans. Polish 'ultras' are just hooligans. Indeed, a lot of Poles simply assume that anybody who attends football is a hooligan. That's changing slightly, but attending games is still generally seen as something that trouble-makers do. I went to plenty of games and was fine, but you need to be careful. Polish football is attended by a lot of big, rough boys. Do your research before you go and stay away from the hooligans. They don't want tourists (or any non-hooligans) anywhere near them. Be careful when choosing pubs before the game too. Me and my English mate were once basically told to piss off having inadvertently popped in to a hooligan boozer before a game in Krakow. Fortunately, we could both speak Polish so were able to explain that we just wanted a pint. We were told we couldn't have one there. We consider ourselves lucky not to have got a shooing.

It can be a good day out, mind you. I enjoyed going to games in Gdansk, Wroclaw, Krakow, Bydgoszcz, Lodz, Kielce. Top advice on getting there early. I'd advise going to the ground the day before (with your passport) and buying your tickets in advance. I'd usually go up midweek on my lunch break to get tickets for the Saturday game. Remember that you'll need to have one passport for each ticket you want to buy, not just one per group. On the day, anything less than 45 minutes before kick off and you're in danger of missing some of the game. I remember going to see a top of the table game in the second division in Bydgoszcz and didn't get in till half time because the queue was so big and the system so inefficient.

A good place to watch football, but keep your wits about you.

14 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

It's not particularly hard to understand why you had the experience you had. 

Disagree, have been to Cologne, Dortmund and Hertha (who were incredibly friendly) in similar numbers and had no issue at all. 

Maybe it's just that part of Berlin, as I said certainly not just us who've had problems.

Whitehill’s game at Dalbeattie Star bit the dust so the world of Scottish football was my oyster yesterday. 

Peebles Rovers 0 Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale 9 (nine) 

38D118D7-8072-4853-BEA7-02308E00C245.jpeg

3CA52759-6353-4A78-A06A-F5EBD12AF4F9.jpeg

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

13 hours ago, Eednud said:

If Ossett Albion or Ossett Town are on your list then looks like you should get in quick. http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/ossetts-are-united-on-merger-plans-46684

They are on my list. Always fancied the derby. English non league is full of these anomalies where small towns have teams at similar levels. Runcorn, Dunstable, Dorking until recently and Northwich and Enfield have managed to manufacture new derbies. 

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They are on my list. Always fancied the derby. English non league is full of these anomalies where small towns have teams at similar levels. Runcorn, Dunstable, Dorking until recently and Northwich and Enfield have managed to manufacture new derbies. 

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Don't forget Aylesbury but in different divisions this season.

1 hour ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Billingham

Horsham - Andover - Bexleyheath (Welling United & Phoenix Sports) - Harrogate - Walton on Thames - Ossett - Ashton under Lyne - there's loads - would make an interesting (sic) list if anyone was sufficiently sad (I may do it while watching Hellas get their arses handed to them by Lazio later....)

both Aylesbury clubs are in the southern league (south east) - FC beat United 2-1 away from home in the big Aylesbury derby on boxing day (att 148), United  won the first game1-0 on August Bank Holiday (flicker gallery here) - att 356 (United currently play in Chesham) :)

Edited by Herman Hessian
keep remembering more !

anyway - ahem - back to the real world this weekend - Rovers away at Rotherham United in the Big South Yorkshire Derby - first trip to their new ground - full 2,600 away ticket allocation sold (capcity is just over 12,000); we've not won away against them since the mid 80's, they're doing well, Rovers are shite - I'll take a filthy 1-0 win courtesy of a 94th minute own goal - please...

6 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

few more for the two-teams list (county league or above for both/all three teams):

canvey island - eastbourne (have actually got three) - croydon - tunbridge wells - sutton coldfield - 

Who are the 2nd team in  Sutton Coldfield after Town?