Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 07:34, Bully Wee Villa said:

When are you going? As our first game has been moved to half 5.

early November (forget the date). Wolves are at home that day too.

I suppose there's a decent chance your game could be moved if you're doing well.

Down south this weekend prior to heading off for work for a few weeks.

So tomorrow it's a friendly between Stevenage and Charlton at Stevenage's lego box, which I have never visited before. Hopefully see some abuse of Charltons Bond-villain owner too, not that he'll be there.

Down south this weekend prior to heading off for work for a few weeks.
So tomorrow it's a friendly between Stevenage and Charlton at Stevenage's lego box, which I have never visited before. Hopefully see some abuse of Charltons Bond-villain owner too, not that he'll be there.

Down in London this weekend too.

Heading to Brentford v Southampton tomorrow.

Anyone acquainted with the 4 pubs around the ground?

From what I've read the Griffin is the best, The Princess Royal the worst.

19 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Down in London this weekend too.

Heading to Brentford v Southampton tomorrow.

Anyone acquainted with the 4 pubs around the ground?

From what I've read the Griffin is the best, The Princess Royal the worst.

If it's your only visit to the ground surely you to go all 4 basically just because you can.

If it's your only visit to the ground surely you to go all 4 basically just because you can.

Since I posted I've discovered it's now 3.

One has bitten the dust.

Will probably head over early enough to do the other 3.

I went to Brentford - Southampton yesterday too. Decent game for a friendly, finished 2-2 with an excellent Fraser Forster howler.

Third visit to Griffin park, the pubs around the ground are much of a muchness tbh.

Serie A fixtures out today and Roma v Inter is on the weekend we are in Rome. My joy was only fleeting as it has been moved from the Sunday to the Saturday night for TV and we have already bought tickets for an event on the Saturday night.  Arrghhh!

My only hope of a game now is if the Inter v Spal on the Sunday we fly back is changed to the Saturday for TV. It seems very unlikely.

Hee-haw on in Florence while we are there either. 

I went to Brentford - Southampton yesterday too. Decent game for a friendly, finished 2-2 with an excellent Fraser Forster howler.

Third visit to Griffin park, the pubs around the ground are much of a muchness tbh.

We went to the Griffin and just stayed there due to the pishing rain.

11 hours ago, qos_75 said:

Serie A fixtures out today and Roma v Inter is on the weekend we are in Rome. My joy was only fleeting as it has been moved from the Sunday to the Saturday night for TV and we have already bought tickets for an event on the Saturday night.  Arrghhh!

My only hope of a game now is if the Inter v Spal on the Sunday we fly back is changed to the Saturday for TV. It seems very unlikely.

Hee-haw on in Florence while we are there either.

if you're in milan for the weekend of 9th September (Inter v SPAL) then there's Atalanta v Sassuolo, Bologna v Napoli, Juve v Chievo and Hellas v Fiorentina all within an hour or so on the train; pretty sure there are going to be two games every Saturday (18:00 and 20:45), so decent chance that at least one of them gets pulled forward - you're probably looking at around £15.00 (Bergamo), £30.00 (Bologna), £25.00 (Turin and Verona) for a return ticket...

some mention of the possibility of a third Saturday game at 12:45 too, but can't find confirmation for that at the moment...

Edited by Herman Hessian

15 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

if you're in milan for the weekend of 9th September (Inter v SPAL) then there's Atalanta v Sassuolo, Bologna v Napoli, Juve v Chievo and Hellas v Fiorentina all within an hour or so on the train; pretty sure there are going to be two games every Saturday (18:00 and 20:45), so decent chance that at least one of them gets pulled forward - you're probably looking at around £15.00 (Bergamo), £30.00 (Bologna), £25.00 (Turin and Verona) for a return ticket...

some mention of the possibility of a third Saturday game at 12:45 too, but can't find confirmation for that at the moment...

Cheers Herman. I will look into that. We are heading to Milan from Lake Como on Saturday 9th, probably arrive about 11.00am. I will look into those games and try and sell benefits of attending one of them to my wife. Ha!

We are missing the Roma - Inter game for the Opera - The Barber of Seville. When the tickets were booked, I had the option of Saturday of Sunday but thought I would be wise keeping the  Sunday free for the football. 

10 minutes ago, Shanner said:

supposed to be going to Fleetwood on Saturday but they're being awkward about selling us tickets.

is Fylde a decent alternative for a game?

how do you pronounce Fylde?

anything that involves not going to Fleetwood is a good alternative to going to Fleetwood - it's a dispiriting, miserable shithole that will suck the life from your very bones and leave you feeling spiritually crushed, morally bankrupt and physically debilitated

Fylde rhymes with mild, and has to be a far better option...

Added bonus of not going to Fleetwood is that you will also avoid being anywhere near Rotherham fans, who are the one, solitary sub-set of the wider football-watching demographic who will regard Fleetwood as "a really nice place"; and you'll catch lice, scabies and worms off them...

10 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

anything that involves not going to Fleetwood is a good alternative to going to Fleetwood - it's a dispiriting, miserable shithole that will suck the life from your very bones and leave you feeling spiritually crushed, morally bankrupt and physically debilitated

Added bonus of not going to Fleetwood is that you will also avoid being anywhere near Rotherham fans, who are the one, solitary sub-set of the wider football-watching demographic who will regard Fleetwood as "a really nice place"; and you'll catch lice, scabies and worms off them...

you not really a Fleetwoody sort of cat then?

I take it the Rotherham scummyness you mention has something to do with the restrictions on getting tickets.

might go to Fylde then. Hadn't heard of them a week ago. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

it used to be a thriving fishing port and ferry terminal, with daytrippers flocking to the seaside and the popular pier by railway;

then the railway was closed, the pier burned down, the fishing industry died on its arse and the ferry service was stopped; the place just reeks of urban decay and general despair, plus the locals are lancastrian which mitigates against them being anything approaching civilised

Rotherham fans are, of course, just depraved simpletons; it'll be the convergence of two defective genotypes that could throw up some genuinely new, mutant lifeforms if there's any cross-contamination - the mind boggles....

that said - Morecambe and Southport are both at home by way of alternative entertainment - with Boston United visiting Haig Avenue, so the whole area is really going to have a surfeit of horrific retards for the day - ouch !

Bought tickets for Fylde so the thrills and spills of Fleetwood can wait for another day.

Was at Morcambe a couple of seasons ago. These North West English seaside places generally leave me feeling a wee bit depressed anyway with their faded grandeur and foosty amusement arcades but Morcambe was an especially abysmal experience. When we went back into town in the pissing rain after the match and the places was absolutely lifeless despite it being May.  

Having said that I found their fans nice enough people and had that long-suffering gallows humour about them but not somewhere to rush back to unless your glutton for melancholy. 

10 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

was at a Fleetwood game last November.not the most wonderful place in the world but youre grateful to be there rather than blackpool after your tram ride

Been down on the south coast over the last week and took in a few games.

Was at Eastleigh v Sheffield United which ended 3-2 to the Blades in the pissing rain. Decent wee ground at Eastleigh now they have added a new stand, covered enclosure and new bar/offices since I was last there.

On Saturday I was at Dorchester Town v Exeter City with Exeter winning 6-1. Then on Sunday I was at AFC Bournemouth v Valencia with Valencia winning 1-0.