Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Blackburn - West Ham on Sunday.

Think there will be more away fans than home fans at this one - pretty embarrasing. :(

Should be a good game and test though. Looking forward to it. Think Rovers will take it to a replay then lose by a couple at Upton Park

The atmosphere at Dortmund is artificial. The fans sing because they think they have to, because it's expected. It's a significantly poorer atmosphere that a full Hampden for a vaguely important game

Have you been to Dortmund for a "vaguely important game"?

Have you been to Dortmund for a "vaguely important game"?

I haven't but he makes an interesting point;i was at a cracovia game last year&there was singing the whole game long,all orchestrated by a guy standing on a scaffold who I don't think saw an instant of the match and I must admit it wasn't to my taste,it felt all very forced despite their obvious passion for their team;i much prefer an atmosphere where it ebbs and flows with the rhythm of the game.

but,as I said at the start,cant say anything about Dortmund as ive never been there,looks mighty impressive though

Heading down for the PNE v QPR game in March, really looking forward to it.

Where else is good for a match in that part of the World? Preferably lower league.

Being a Blackburn fan I would obviously say that but more for the drinking den options than the actual game :lol: Although you get a really good view of the game from practically anywhere in the ground. £1.99 a pint in the town centre although about £3 nearer the ground.

Only been to Blackburn and Preston in that area so can't really judge anywhere else. All the other sides in L1/2 from that area seem to be having pretty poor seasons except Accrington so they might be worth a shot.

Being a Blackburn fan I would obviously say that but more for the drinking den options than the actual game :lol: Although you get a really good view of the game from practically anywhere in the ground. £1.99 a pint in the town centre although about £3 nearer the ground.

Only been to Blackburn and Preston in that area so can't really judge anywhere else. All the other sides in L1/2 from that area seem to be having pretty poor seasons except Accrington so they might be worth a shot.

Cheers. I was thinking Blackburn anyway as I'm interested in seeing how Lambert is doing but hadn't considered Accrington. Will try and get to at least one of them before the season ends.

To be honest I don't really expect much from the standard of the football anyway, it's more just a day out somewhere new and a few drinks that I'm after. Decent football is just a welcome bonus!

Where else is good for a match in that part of the World? Preferably lower league.

Check the Evostik Northern League fixtures.

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/match-info/fixtures

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Cheers for that, a couple of decent prospects in there as well as teams I'd never heard of.

Will try and get along to someone with decent crowds and a bit of atmosphere. I take it that's about Junior standard football and crowds?

Much better standard and bigger crowds in the top division. It's a regular debate on the junior/non league forums on here. Facilities are much better as well.

Going to take in the Bolton v Burnley game on Saturday. Has anyone been to the Macron (Reebok) before and if so where is best to sit, best pubs near by etc?

You will struggle to get a bad view anywhere in the ground it's very impressive. Not great for pubs nearby though.

Theres always Wigan. Going well at the moment under Caldwell. Great view everywhere. Wont be too expensive. Big lounge at the ground for beers and about 15 mins walk from town centre pubs.

Was at Fulham v Hull a few weeks ago. Awful game and terrible atmosphere, Craven Cottage (or certainly the section we were in) is what I imagine going to football was like in the 1950's, was half expecting some c**t to pull out a cracker whistle.

Going to Manchester next weekend for the Quigg v Frampton fight, so managed to get tickets for Man U v Arsenal on the Sunday, hopefully be a decent game.

Going to take in the Bolton v Burnley game on Saturday. Has anyone been to the Macron (Reebok) before and if so where is best to sit, best pubs near by etc?

As Rab says its not great for pubs but its got a big barn of a lounge for pre match beers at the ground. Loads of big screens and usually some sort of entertainment at some point. Amir Khan's held fights there. Might be a bit stricter on entrance with it being Burnley. If you've home tickets should be fine though.

Was at Fulham v Hull a few weeks ago. Awful game and terrible atmosphere, Craven Cottage (or certainly the section we were in) is what I imagine going to football was like in the 1950's, was half expecting some c**t to pull out a cracker whistle.

Going to Manchester next weekend for the Quigg v Frampton fight, so managed to get tickets for Man U v Arsenal on the Sunday, hopefully be a decent game.

Fulham is one of my favourite grounds granted its always been full whenever I've been.