What Are You Drinking ?

42 minutes ago, philpy said:

This, believe it or not, is nice.

20230329_203111.jpg

Had one last week and didn't like it and Northern Monk are one of my fav brewers in the UK. That's why there are so many different beers, we all like different things.

Today’s purchases.

Yebisu is a favourite, Niigata Beer is another from Japan that I don’t think I’ve had before. Royal Park Lager is from local brewer Big Shed brewing based in Royal Park, a suburb of Adelaide.

IMG_9360.jpeg

On 30/03/2023 at 03:22, Eednud said:

What I, well mostly I, had been drinking over a few months.

IMG_9353.jpeg

Am I reading that wrong or are you getting hundreds of cans for ridiculous prices? 159 for $14.20?!

34 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Am I reading that wrong or are you getting hundreds of cans for ridiculous prices? 159 for $14.20?!

It‘s what he gets when returning the empty cans. 10 cents a can. 

Edited by German Jag

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Am I reading that wrong or are you getting hundreds of cans for ridiculous prices

I wish.

35 minutes ago, German Jag said:

It‘s what he gets when returning the empty cans. 10 cents a can. 

He kens.

We’ve had a container deposit scheme in South Australia since 1977 on all bottles and cans with some exceptions https://www.epa.sa.gov.au/files/4771436_beverage_types.pdf

Stopped by No Limits Brewery in Dumbarton today (they've taken over the former Lennox Brewery site). Tiny wee industrial unit and two chemistry PhDs running a fantastic wee Brewery. 

Henry let me try five different brews and I picked two and took them home. They don't do cans or bottles, so you can either bring your own container or pay a deposit for a growler. On the strength of my visit today, I'll be getting a lot of reuse out of the growlers.

If you're in the area (or even if not, they're worth travelling for) pay them a visit. I don't think you'll be disappointed. 

20230331_215733.jpg

Niigata Beer. It’s a lot darker than the picture on their web site, it’s also very flat, not the glass as had another in a different glass. Very malty, and reminds me of home brew that hasn’t quite worked. Wondering if it’s gone off but best before date is December so maybe doesn’t travel well. I’ve tried it but wouldn’t recommend it unless drinking it fresh in Japan.

ETA: Checked local Untappd and most pics look the same as mine and a few non complimentary comments.

IMG_9371.jpeg

IMG_1584.jpeg

Edited by Eednud