What Are You Drinking ?

It's boring, technical brewing shit tbh, but I have heard of people tweaking the pinter stuff a bit to good effect. More than happy to point u in the (hopefully) right direction re yeast selection etc if you want a more lager like result
Cheers. I've only tried their stout and Pale Ale before and they worked out alright, particularly the stout, so I thought I'd try the lager but I'll probably go back to something with a stronger flavour next. Any easy hints would be appreciated though.

10 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
It's boring, technical brewing shit tbh, but I have heard of people tweaking the pinter stuff a bit to good effect. More than happy to point u in the (hopefully) right direction re yeast selection etc if you want a more lager like result

Cheers. I've only tried their stout and Pale Ale before and they worked out alright, particularly the stout, so I thought I'd try the lager but I'll probably go back to something with a stronger flavour next. Any easy hints would be appreciated though.

The bottom line there is fermenting ales at room temp is fine, fermenting lagers at room temp doesn't really work all that great, but if you can be patient with it, there are certain yeasts that give better results. Kit yeasts are generally shite. Mangrove Jack's California Lager is a decent place to start. It's designed for the job. Saflager W34/70 has been tested by loads of homebrewers at ale temps and a lot of them say it works well. Lastly, I have done OK with Hell yeast from local good guys Crossmyloof Brewing. They do free postage, so its well worth a couple of quid for a pack. 

Another thing you can try is a Kolsch style yeast as they run at ale temps too. Crossmyloof also have a decent kolsch yeast aswell as their Kentucky one which fits the style too. 

Brewers don't make beer. Brewers make wort. Yeast makes beer, so you really can improve your results even with kit stuff by being selective about the yeast. 

In all cases above, the longer you can leave it cold in the fridge the better it will be. 

43 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Passable if slightly bland from Brewdog and Buxton.

20220604_211813.jpg

Aye, it's not one of their best efforts, but still passable.  

8 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I just finished a Lowenbrau after a day of gardening,  but will probably switch to something more robust for when I cook supper on the barbecue, maybe a Pale Ale Project by my local brewery Beyond the Pale

I fondly remember BtP's Pink Fuzz.