What Are You Drinking ?

21 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Officially on annual leave now. Finished work 90 minutes before Mrs The Hunter so took myself to Mozza at Silverburn for lunch. Thought I'd get a wee half pint to go with my lunch. Angela Poretti is a palatable wee lager. Probably on a par with Peroni and Moretti in the Italian lager stakes.

20220506_135505.jpg

Their Wit beer is very good.

Just now, lochgellyPAR said:

I am extremely intrigued 

Its just a fridge with a hole in it atm tbqh. I will at some point install a proper stainless steel font on top, but for now lager will be dispensed using the "party tap" which is the wee black thing hanging down that isnt currently connected....

9 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Overtone Tango Up on draught in The Doublet in Glasgow. Delicious but not cheap at £7.25.6956d43b8d3a93321abd7a08a6ec657f.jpg

Some of their cans cost that, looks brilliant tbf.

16 minutes ago, centralTon said:

Some of their cans cost that, looks brilliant tbf.

26 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Overtone Tango Up on draught in The Doublet in Glasgow. Delicious but not cheap at £7.25.6956d43b8d3a93321abd7a08a6ec657f.jpg

'Tis a dear pint.

'Tis a dear pint.

It really depends what your preference is? Personally, I would rather pay a premium for a quality beer that has flavour, body and possibly a higher volume, but I understand that’s not for everyone.

14 minutes ago, centralTon said:

It really depends what your preference is? Personally, I would rather pay a premium for a quality beer that has flavour, body and possibly a higher volume, but I understand that’s not for everyone.

Must try it. Haven't been in the Doublet in decades.

It was a lovely pint and we ended up having a few before moving on. Hadn't been in for a while but The Doublet is a quality pub and there was a decent beer selection. An old steamer did fall over though.

I'm struggling a bit this morning.

Last second purchase while finishing shopping, four cans of ‘Madri’ Madrid lager, Tesco. Just grabbed it as it said ‘new’ and I hadn’t tried it. Get home, and the small print is familiar - ‘brewed on behalf of Madristia Lagero Drinko Bevvy Co (I paraphrase), by Coors Ltd, Burton-on-Trent, England’. Nothing wrong with an English beer brewed in Burton, but… Madri my arse. About as Spanish as me, I visited Tenerife once. Bog standard inoffensive lager. Could be anything you’re drinking - Bud, Miller, Coors, Fosters etc. Doesn’t offend. Doesn’t excite. Here endeth my review.

13 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

if you’re ever darn-sarf I can heartily recommend zero degrees in Reading and Blackheath.

Their Mango beer is great.

https://www.zerodegrees.co.uk/

I've been to the Bristol, Cardiff and Blackheath pubs. Up there with Tiny Rebel for quality.

The pizzas are great as well.