What Are You Drinking ?

12 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
On 11/12/2021 at 23:06, superwell87 said:
First time trying this one.  Really enjoying it. 
20211211_230021.thumb.jpg.594ca084454d9388a9a14c479e8261aa.jpg

I've had a couple of recent family holidays in Cornwall where that was a firm favourite.

I can see why. It's up there with some of the best IPA's I've had. 

Just noticed this and for sure brought back memories.
It will never be the same from a tin sadly..
72421730_George_Younger_Sweetheart_Stout_1961(1).jpg.7d211ebf217ea105ab1157257a5b0cdc.jpg
Back in my bowling club member days I used to do the odd volunteer shift behind the bar. There was one guy nicknamed "two scoops" who always drank sweet black and tan, and it was cans of Sweetheart Stout that we used. The nickname came from him asking for and downing two scoops of Old Mull whisky while we were pouring his order.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
23 hours ago, broon-loon said:
Just noticed this and for sure brought back memories.
It will never be the same from a tin sadly..
72421730_George_Younger_Sweetheart_Stout_1961(1).jpg.7d211ebf217ea105ab1157257a5b0cdc.jpg

Back in my bowling club member days I used to do the odd volunteer shift behind the bar. There was one guy nicknamed "two scoops" who always drank sweet black and tan, and it was cans of Sweetheart Stout that we used. The nickname came from him asking for and downing two scoops of Old Mull whisky while we were pouring his order.

😀  He obviously had more cash to spend than me.

A Black and Tan wisnae the cheapest option but mostly you got 2/3 to 3/4 of a pint along with the bottle of Sweetheart. You were totally pissed off at some establishments when the bottle was added by the bar staff and it just filled the pint glass. 🤨