What Are You Drinking ?

Bought a growler from Stewart's Tap at the weekend and unaccountably left it in the fridge until tonight. An 8% Double NEIPA called Nor'Easter.

Their tasting notes promise tropical character, punch of stone fruit and zesty tangerine.

My tasting notes just read: wooooofff!

An absolute riot of a beer to be drinking on a school night. Thankfully I only have a 1l bottle, for I could easily sink a few pints of this before making some inappropriate lifestyle choices in a kebab shop on the way home. Whereas all I have to hand is a packet of Beef Taytos.

A tremendous purchase.

d993240083c113f306cbfc6206eb7bb4.jpg

First day of summer and first time for a Hemp beer. “A meld of hops and hemp wrapped up in a contemporary dank, resinous IPA with tropical overtones. Dank you very much.” 
It’s 6% and reminds me a bit of Coopers Sparkling Ale. Should have bought more crisps in case it creates more than the beer munchies. 

F7CBF124-575A-4970-BD6D-B436A2A46B1F.jpeg

Where the Fox Hat? No not Auchtermuchty but Mclaren Flat in South Australia. Fox Hat Heavy Handed XPA. Label says “It’s got a bit extra going on than your standard beer” and there’s no argument with that. Very good. 

2B91124D-BB7E-47A3-8014-AE45B547D4EB.jpeg

Golden Eye?
I think that was possibly a Goldfinch. I am trying to remember which order of pints I had, and when I was sufficiently smitten to take a snap of one, for I sampled what can only be described as "a good few".

My pizza was quite tremendous as well, a venison and blue cheese pairing last night.

I also took a fuzzy picture of the menu to help me navigate the dizzying selection.

Very enjoyable night!
c523c5de9c0b05da4b5ab88b41abb841.jpg10bd99b7dfec0d403032436b43260bd3.jpg

3 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I think that was possibly a Goldfinch. I am trying to remember which order of pints I had, and when I was sufficiently smitten to take a snap of one, for I sampled what can only be described as "a good few".

My pizza was quite tremendous as well, a venison and blue cheese pairing last night.

I also took a fuzzy picture of the menu to help me navigate the dizzying selection.

Very enjoyable night!

I had that venison and blue cheese pizza when I was up there last week. A thing of beauty. An absolutely fantastic bar, and one I'll definitely go back to when I'm in the area.

I had that venison and blue cheese pizza when I was up there last week. A thing of beauty. An absolutely fantastic bar, and one I'll definitely go back to when I'm in the area.
It is a fantastic bar. I've had many happy nights there. Last night was the first time I've been in since Covid where the restrictions weren't so prominent. Had a good old chat with some random from Nairn and I think we cured many of the world's ills before he left for his last train.

No doubt somebody will be along soon to complain that it is expensive.

Today I've ventured out to Plockton. A pint of Jarl which did well not to freeze over. It is cold here, oh so cold.

Tonight perhaps the Phoenix. A wee break up here certainly beats working.

7ab1cd807fdf642658db2a33c72aff85.jpg

4 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Very enjoyable night!

I don't see Golden Eye on there. Thought it was their flagship. Great place, handy for the bus and railway stations.