What Are You Drinking ?

On 23/08/2021 at 20:09, Bairnardo said:

Wee early carbonation test of the Elderflower Pale Ale. Still just a wee bit yeasty but this will fade with cooler conditioning in the garage hooefully leaving a delicate, slightly floral ale. Hunter and McSquackle il post them eitger tomorrow, Friday or Monday. I imagine the sweet spot will be 2 to 3 weeks from now....

IMG-20210823-WA0007.jpeg

Wee Beer before I wander along to the under 20s game and it's @Bairnardo's Elderflower pale ale. Knocked it out of the park here mate, lovely easy drinking pale ale with just enough of a hint of Elderflower. Really enjoying it, top work.

20210903_182940.jpg

Was picking up nappies for the wee lass this afternoon and noticed this in Aldi.

More of a wit by taste than I’d expect from a Belgian blonde. A bit thin on mouthfeel, but not altogether awful. Plenty clove, citrus, banana, though the thinness let’s it down. That said at £3 it’s hard to complain.

467AF964-E624-48E7-89CC-B01462376629.jpeg

13 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Wee Beer before I wander along to the under 20s game and it's @Bairnardo's Elderflower pale ale. Knocked it out of the park here mate, lovely easy drinking pale ale with just enough of a hint of Elderflower. Really enjoying it, top work.

20210903_182940.jpg

Cheers for the review. Glad you liked it. I had started to worry that the temperature issues I mentioned before were getting the better of this one. I was beginning to expect a bit of a panning tbh😂 Although I think I have said on here before, objectively reviewing something you have made is something I have always found difficult, I tend to be hyper critical. I think maybe I ned to employ some blind comparisons, maybe int his case against like a Birds and Bees or similar. I have a plan in place to resolve the issues I mentioned anyway, with some gadgetry inbound for my birthday!

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Cheers for the review. Glad you liked it. I had started to worry that the temperature issues I mentioned before were getting the better of this one. I was beginning to expect a bit of a panning tbh😂 Although I think I have said on here before, objectively reviewing something you have made is something I have always found difficult, I tend to be hyper critical. I think maybe I ned to employ some blind comparisons, maybe int his case against like a Birds and Bees or similar. I have a plan in place to resolve the issues I mentioned anyway, with some gadgetry inbound for my birthday!

It compared very well to Birds and Bees, I really like that one and it tasted pretty similar. Always hard not to be critical of something you make yourself, but I definitely enjoyed it.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Is it claiming to be NE style? 32 IBU is a lot for a NEIPA. Most only have a tiny bitterness hop addition, a lot of them dont have any at all

Untappd are calling it a NEIPA anyway. Stewart are a bit more non committal and calling it a hazy IPA.