What Are You Drinking ?

Coopers Australian IPA a new addition to their range. It’s 6.5% and you know it, nice bitterness. This is at the Coopers Ale House aka Earl of Aberdeen, Adelaide. . The fonts in background is the full range of their draught beers plus 3 they brew under license and a cider.

409FF08C-612B-4FA4-8D94-39F000417788.jpeg

Folks looking for a bit of a recommendation.

Not much of a drinker these days and when I do I prefer your more standard lagers Tennents, Moretti, Peroni etc, I have tried some of these new lets say less standard beers eg ipa's pale ale etc, last night tried brewdog dead pony club and just can't take to them at all.

Issue is I am going down to Wembley and it's looking likely drink will be Banned. So to be a little more covert I am looking at taking 330ml cans as easier to drink more discreetly. Can anyone give me a recommendation for a decent standard type lager that comes in these 330ml cans.

Any Suggestions be much appreciated

3 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Not much of a drinker these days and when I do I prefer your more standard lagers Tennents, Moretti, Peroni etc, I have tried some of these new lets say less standard beers eg ipa's pale ale etc, last night tried brewdog dead pony club and just can't take to them at all.

Issue is I am going down to Wembley and it's looking likely drink will be Banned. So to be a little more covert I am looking at taking 330ml cans as easier to drink more discreetly. Can anyone give me a recommendation for a decent standard type lager that comes in these 330ml cans.

Beverage Holder Helmet Drinking Straws Plastic Handfree Beer Drinking Hat  Lazy Helmet Party Favors for Kids Birthday Gifts J2Y – GetNowHow about this - a football theme and you can switch out the coke for the beer of your choice.  Subtle IMO.

Pilsner Urquell.

Eta you can also get Corona in 330, and Heverlee. Pilsner Urquell is the correct choice tho.

10 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Get yourself down to your local big Tesco or Asda. They all have a 'lager' section separate from the craft stuff. Sometimes it's a different aisle, sometimes it's just further up. You should have a decent choice of smaller cans. I'd recommend firing down sometime this week and getting some to try in advance so that you don't get stuck with something you don't like. Some of the lagers you get in smaller cans you will be able to get in single big bottles (e.g. Singha, Heineken, Estrella, Asahi) so maybe get a wee selection and see what you like? Pretty sure Asda go a 6 pack of 330ml Moretti though.

Edited by DA Baracus

11 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Buy a bag of satsumas and inject vodka into them.

On 01/06/2021 at 09:18, dundeefc1783 said:

When I first started drinking the IPAs or craft as they say, took me a while for my tastebuds to adjust. I do enjoy lager but do find some watery. 

Thats one advantage of 330ml cans, can look like a 330ml can of pop.  For taking them to the footy, would you have a place to chill them?

This one is a bit stronger at 5.8%. Brewery has only been going for a bit over a year and is in Botany, NSW very close to Sydney Airport. No idea why it’s called Weka Island as that’s off Stewart Island, New Zealand. Just found out that the largest settlement on Stewart Island is Oban. Next stop Auckland Island then Antarctica Would buy again and like to try some of their other brews.

78BCC95C-B1CA-4094-A665-A267ED0A7518.jpeg

3 hours ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Thats one advantage of 330ml cans, can look like a 330ml can of pop.  For taking them to the footy, would you have a place to chill them?

Permaban from the mods for this.