What Are You Drinking ?

Any P&Bers in or near the southside of Glasgow might want to pay the Allison Arms a visit before it reopens on Monday - they're getting rid of some stuff that's recently gone out of date for a quid a can/bottle...I'd got a message at lunchtime from a mate who lives round the corner and had just come back with 30 for £30 and told me to get my arse down there as soon as I finished work.

As you'd expect most of the really good stuff didn't last long, but there's still a fair selection to be had. Best phoning ahead and making sure somebody's in if you're travelling any distance...obviously they're not keeping pub hours!

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Popped into Lidl on the way home. Not a patch on Aldi's selection from a couple of weeks ago but still came away with six I'm excited to try. I'll report back when I get to them.

I've just has theDrygate - Coco Noco, coconut version of Orinoco, preferred it to the Peanut Butter version from Aldi the other week.

I managed a few wonderful hours at Drygate this afternoon.

A decent pint of Seven Peaks then 2/3 pints of everything else to try:

Fallen Stirliner Weisse - lovely and fruity
Pretentious, Moi? - really nice solid IPA
Fallen Chow Chow - right good smooth stout
Tropes- another tasty fruity IPA.

Lovely stuff all round and great to be sitting in a pub again with draft beer.

2 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Sitting at Ullapool, pint of Cromarty Happy Chappy. This won't be the only pint of today, let me tell you. 

IMG_20210514_160234.thumb.jpg.0a7f01101f3d772a6e0335061ee66dff.jpg

A very nice beer, and a very nice view there!

Picked up a few from Lidl other day, Brewtonn, 71 brewing kviek IPA and  Drygate. Few others I had already tried. 

Morrisons has a few new ones in from Williams Brothers but I had already tried, Sapien and Tiger.  Sainsburys had new ones included 3 new Drygate 440mls , Black IPA was one.