What Are You Drinking ?

8 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

My haul from Aldi this morning. Came in at less than £25, outstanding value. Alexandria Aldi very well stocked, but I was in at five past ten, so who knows how long it'll stay well stocked.

Off to the Wee Beer Shop later to pick up an order as well, gonna have a very well stocked cupboard.

20210429_102359.jpg

The rate you go through it I'm surprised you left any.

Overtone Its all Nelson.

Nice beer. Hazy, thick, hides its abv well and fresh fruity hop flavour but im a wee touch disappointed with the hop itself. Was looking for more of the reputed grape flavour and im just not really getting it

A fairly standard lager to finish off the Beer52 box. I think I managed to save the two worst ones from the box for last, which is a bit unfortunate. Another lively one on the pour!

I'm almost never in a Tesco because there's not one near me, but Mrs The Hunter wants something specific from them so we'll be making a special trip over the weekend. Am I right in saying they have a pretty good wee selection of exclusives?

20210429_210530.jpg

Edited by Craig the Hunter

15 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

A fairly standard lager to finish off the Beer52 box. I think I managed to save the two worst ones from the box for last, which is a bit unfortunate. Another lively one on the pour!

I'm almost never in a Tesco because there's not one near me, but Mrs The Hunter wants something specific from them so we'll be making a special trip over the weekend. Am I right in saying they have a pretty good wee selection of exclusives?

20210429_210530.jpg

Aye, they're not bad, but I reckon overall morrison's has a better selection.

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

20210429_210530.jpg

Think Brewdogs Mallow Laser Quest is an exclusive for them. Shelf always seems to be empty when I go in though!

9 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I picked up a bit of a haul from Aldi tonight. What's the difference between a Disco Pogo Stick and a Disco Forklift Truck? Is it just repackaged for Aldi?
Also got some Cranachan Killer which I remember from their last beer festival as being outstanding.

Disco Pogo Stick is Disco Forklift with added passionfruit, orange and guava. Quite looking forward to it. I had Cranachan Killer not that long ago and it is indeed a cracker.

Iv just drank a 1 year old bitter, brewed by a very interesting brewer I met last week. One of the Medical Directors of NHS Scotland [emoji23] Mental the folk you can meet over a hobby.

Anyway, it was a 330ml bottle, but its 9% and im steaming. Heartily recommend homemade alcohol for a direct hit on your brain stem.