Jump to content
keyser_soze

What Are You Drinking ?

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Good shout. Looks to be a case of cancelling after you receive the box and before 2nd of May.

£3.95 for 8 beers - can't grumble!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn’t the best.
Aldi in Perth used to stock them for a while but not seen them for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Duszek said:

"Moray brewer WooHa goes into administration"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-56536432

Were their beers any good? Don't recall seeing any being drunk on here, which may answer my question.

I had one of theirs once. It was very very forgettable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I had one of theirs once. It was very very forgettable.
Just sampled my latest pale ale, just entering the carbing phase. Sat it on the counter and immediately thought of your numerous opaque beers

20210326_121252.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2021 at 11:12, 8MileBU said:

Loves at Stenny had a superb selection last I was in (albeit before Christmas).  

Popped in today as I was working in Kinnaird and bought...

2 x ABK - Hefeweizen,

2 x ABK - Dunkel,

2 x Rodenbach Grand Cru,

2 x Spaten.

Decent selection and if anyone is in the area, the shop at the top of Westquarter has a pretty good German selection too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, centralTon said:

Popped in today as I was working in Kinnaird and bought...

2 x ABK - Hefeweizen,

2 x ABK - Dunkel,

2 x Rodenbach Grand Cru,

2 x Spaten.

Decent selection and if anyone is in the area, the shop at the top of Westquarter has a pretty good German selection too.

Nice one mate. Haven’t been in for ages but might need to pop along pick up a few. ‘Tis the weekend and all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

McDonalds coffee. Its shite.

I would drink McDonalds coffee before either Costa or Starbucks. Not a high benchmark, and I wouldn’t really drink coffee from McDonalds either but when looking at chains it’s actually better than most. Nero is reasonably decent.

One thing I love about living in a city is that I’ve got genuinely about 100 coffee shops that are all miles ahead of chains within a 10 min walk of my home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I would drink McDonalds coffee before either Costa or Starbucks. Not a high benchmark, and I wouldn’t really drink coffee from McDonalds either but when looking at chains it’s actually better than most. Nero is reasonably decent.

One thing I love about living in a city is that I’ve got genuinely about 100 coffee shops that are all miles ahead of chains within a 10 min walk of my home.

Honestly I always thought that McDonalds coffee had a reputation for being a lot cheaper and every bit as good as those places. Something must have changed because this was shite. It looked and tasted like instant. 

 

My usual wee place I like to get a coffee from was rammed so I elected not to go there, wont make that mistake again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly I always thought that McDonalds coffee had a reputation for being a lot cheaper and every bit as good as those places. Something must have changed because this was shite. It looked and tasted like instant. 

 

My usual wee place I like to get a coffee from was rammed so I elected not to go there, wont make that mistake again. 

I haven’t had a McDonalds coffee in ages tbf, but Starbucks and Costa are so bad that I’d still assume it’s better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting a bit hooked on the toffee latte's from McDonalds this week. Lovely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I would drink McDonalds coffee before either Costa or Starbucks. Not a high benchmark, and I wouldn’t really drink coffee from McDonalds either but when looking at chains it’s actually better than most. Nero is reasonably decent.

One thing I love about living in a city is that I’ve got genuinely about 100 coffee shops that are all miles ahead of chains within a 10 min walk of my home.

You're in Leith as well are you not? If so, what's your favourite coffee place around here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

You're in Leith as well are you not? If so, what's your favourite coffee place around here?

Nah I’m the other side, Bruntsfield. Plenty of cracking coffee shops around Leith though I’m sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I know it's pretty ubiquitous but Caesar Augustus (and Joker) is lovely.

yeah - I think it is my favourite beer. Maybe because also I think am being unique by drinking a hybrid adds to it. 

Tonight am having Reisling with a little water mixed in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Nah I’m the other side, Bruntsfield. Plenty of cracking coffee shops around Leith though I’m sure.

My mistake, lots of nice places in Bruntsfield as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

My mistake, lots of nice places in Bruntsfield as well 

Bruntsfield/Morningside has a frankly ridiculous number of coffee shops/cafes. Arguably too many tbh, and ideally some better pubs replacing a few would be ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I would drink McDonalds coffee before either Costa or Starbucks. Not a high benchmark, and I wouldn’t really drink coffee from McDonalds either but when looking at chains it’s actually better than most. Nero is reasonably decent.

One thing I love about living in a city is that I’ve got genuinely about 100 coffee shops that are all miles ahead of chains within a 10 min walk of my home.

all huge subjective of course but Costa by far is the worst coffee there is. Starbucks, Greggs and McDonalds are all drinkable but no where near the bitter piss that Costa offers. As far as chains goes, and I tend to just go for their filters/blended stuff, the best in my humble opinion is the Pret filter at a v reasonable 99p. Closely followed by Dunkin Donuts filter where I stumble across one on my travels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Bruntsfield/Morningside has a frankly ridiculous number of coffee shops/cafes. Arguably too many tbh, and ideally some better pubs replacing a few would be ideal.

Aye struggling to think of many pubs around there I like. Bennett's is alright I think but only been in once or twice. I know some people like it but I wouldn't be sad if the Canny Man's got nuked tomorrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...