keyser_soze

What Are You Drinking ?

2 hours ago, Ylf said:

this one is ok. very sweet after taste. only ordered a four pack of this. my favourite is triple hazy

Aye it wasn’t bad at all. I feared the worst as I’m not a massive fan of beers that strong but it was surprisingly pleasant.

Just the one tonight. First sample of my Czech Pilsner. Its decent but will reserve judgement till it's a bit older. Wasnt without its issues in the making so let's just see shall we.....
20210120_200648.jpeg

Last one from my Beer52 box. It's a pineapple/lime ice cream IPA and it's not unpleasant. Probably the best of the three Moon Dog beers they sent me.

20210122_175525.jpg

34 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Something Good by name, something good in taste. My first beer from Deya, won't be my last from them

20210122_213417.jpg

You don't drink many see through beers eh!

Tempest Brewery's Chai Cutter Milk Stout. 

First dark beer of the Beer52 box* after a good but generic IPA earlier. Yes it's another weirdo flavoured milk stout; Tempest generally know their stuff though and this delicate but unmistakably chai spiced stout works.

Spoiler

incandescent with rage that they had the brass neck to chuck in a 2.7% 'table beer' offering in this month's box. Think it's finally time to pull the plug. 

Tried putting together an espresso martini with Patron Cafe tequila, coffee liqueur, hot coffee and ice.

Spoiler

1453224639_200(4).gif.18f0453846b4a10dc40006ab30e27092.gif

Cranachan Killer by Fierce, my first beer from them. Billed as a raspberry pale ale, its probably not for everyone, but it hits all the right notes for me. Tastes pretty much like a cranachan, which is no bad thing.

20210123_210325.jpg

Cranachan Killer by Fierce, my first beer from them. Billed as a raspberry pale ale, its probably not for everyone, but it hits all the right notes for me. Tastes pretty much like a cranachan, which is no bad thing.
20210123_210325.thumb.jpg.501b516f60b849eb81dd51dead67afb7.jpg
I had a few cans of this in early lockdown and loved it but haven't seen it since. Can you remind me where it's available? Not sure but I may have got it in Lidl.

I tried this Black Forest Stout from my Beer 52 Melbourne box last night. I think someone else previously had similar comments but didn't get any Black Forest and found it pretty bland particularly considering the strength. Give me a McEwan's Champion Ale over that any day.

I go for the light and dark selection from Beer 52 but sometimes find the dark selection really disappointing and concentrating on stouts. Maybe some areas don't really do ales or Beer 52 are just picking poorly. 20210123_002658.jpg

13 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

20210123_210325.jpg

What are you planning to do with the tinned pumpkin?

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I had a few cans of this in early lockdown and loved it but haven't seen it since. Can you remind me where it's available? Not sure but I may have got it in Lidl.

I tried this Black Forest Stout from my Beer 52 Melbourne box last night. I think someone else previously had similar comments but didn't get any Black Forest and found it pretty bland particularly considering the strength. Give me a McEwan's Champion Ale over that any day.

I go for the light and dark selection from Beer 52 but sometimes find the dark selection really disappointing and concentrating on stouts. Maybe some areas don't really do ales or Beer 52 are just picking poorly. 20210123_002658.jpg

I got it from the Wee Beer Shop in Glasgow. Haven't seen it elsewhere I don't think 

Tonights hit list...

Bairnardo Brewing Czech pilsner
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
1698 Kentish Strong Ale
Guinness West Indies Porter
William's Bros Pavlovs Dog